Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

>An estimated 35,200 people died in traffic accidents last year + more auto news<

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Unhappy >An estimated 35,200 people died in traffic accidents last year + more auto news<

NHTSA estimates a huge increase in pedestrian deaths

Hi Member's,
Sad stat's above 4-Sure....
I had to be out on the roads early this morning & the roads
were filled with party drivers that couldn't stay in their traffic lanes.....Some were visibly drinking as they drove

Several State Patrol had many pulled over, but they really needed a road block, but they wouldn't have been enough room in the jails for them. It's sad that there are so many that get messed up and drive on the roads with us.

I don't have the answer, except to drive defensively...
Maybe it's just a party holiday & so many people are
so stressed out about life & what is happening in our World.

I just post to remind my net friends to be extra careful out there..when you are on your highways of life.
I love to drive, but lately it seems to be not as fun.
I still love to go fast on clear roads + short burst @ lights : )

I must be getting old in my late 20's....Ready for a senior care
center and a high powered wheel chair (LOL)

I hope this thread reminds you, (yes you) to be careful out there on your highways of life.

An estimated 35,200 people died in traffic accidents last year, according to preliminary data released by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. (Now, that's a lot of freaking people 4-Sure....) Can you picture that many people in your mind ? It's dangerous out there & we are only talking auto accidents.

My ? is, if the speed limit is about 70-75 everywhere, why do auto companies
make vehicles that will do 200 + MPH & no performance license is requirement
(Freedom) ? Freedom to get out on the highways & put you or the ones
you love in constant danger....I love fast/performance rides, but it's ironic the
way things are in our world....What do you think (I'm just filling in some empty
space to keep our MCF active & seek out what member's think on safe social
subjects & avoiding politics/religion topic's etc...

Your Input/suggesions (Post/Share) `Thanks

That number represents a 7.7 percent increase, up from the 32,675 fatalities recorded in 2014.
The spike coincides with a 3.5 percent increase in the number of miles traveled in 2015 compared to the year before. NHTSA estimates the fatality rate in 2015 hit 1.12 fatalities per 100 million vehicle miles traveled.
“As the economy has improved and gas prices have fallen, more Americans are driving more miles,” said NHTSA Administrator Mark Rosekind in a statement. “But that only explains part of the increase. Ninety-four percent of crashes can be tied back to a human choice or error, so we know we need to focus our efforts on improving human behavior while promoting vehicle technology that not only protects people in crashes, but helps prevent crashes in the first place.”
If the projections are finalized, 2015 will be the deadliest traffic year since 2008. But total deaths haven’t increased steadily each year since then. In 2014, overall traffic deaths went down slightly from 2013. Similarly, in 2013, deaths were down 2.6 percent from the year before.
The increase in traffic deaths last year also varied greatly in different parts of the country. NHTSA estimates the region consisting of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island saw a 10 percent increase in fatalities from 2014. Meanwhile, fatalities for the region including New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, and Mississippi dropped an estimated 1 percent.
NHTSA also estimates significant increases in deaths for pedestrians. The number of deaths jumped 10 percent nationwide for pedestrians, and 9 percent among motorcyclists. In crashes involving young drivers ages 15 to 20, deaths increased 10 percent. Meanwhile, almost one third of highway deaths are linked to drunk driving.
Source: NHTSA
MCF Member's >Be Safe out there on your highways of life.
Buckle `Up & Drive Defensively 4-Sure...
Remember, I'm out there driving @ you >Oh `no

A BETTER WAY TO BUY A BETTER Car like the Chevrolet Monte Carlo
You better get one before they are all gone.
Best Vehicle on the Road 4 the $'s.

CLICK HERE!

NEWS
ALL 25TH ANNIVERSARY DODGE VIPER SPECIAL EDITIONS ARE SOLD OUT

Jonathon Klein WordsJuly 1, 2016

Just when the car is discontinued, the Viper sees a sales surge

After years of sluggish sales and playing host to an ancient powertrain architecture,Dodge is finally putting the proverbial axe to the neck of its most famous supercar, the Viper. Production will end next year, but that end won’t come until Dodge makes 215 special editions to commemorate the Viper’s demise. These special editions, announced last month, were set to let the Viper leave with a bang. Now, just one week later, Dodge has had an absolute coup and sold every single one, some in just a matter of minutes.
According to Dodge, the VooDoo II Edition ACR, the Snakeskin Edition GTC, the GTS-R Commemorative Edition ACR, and a newly announced Snakeskin ACR Edition, all sold in just two days. All except for the 1:28 Edition ACR Viper, which sold out in just 40 minutes of its order books opening.

The 1:28 Edition ACR Viper “pays tribute to the current production car single lap record of 1:28.65 set by champion driver (and Motor Trend hot shoe) Randy Pobst in a 2016 Dodge Viper ACR at the historic Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in Monterey, California, in October 2015.” The 1:28 Edition ACR features a black exterior, red ACR stripes, the Extreme Aero Package, Carbon Ceramic brakes, and a host of 1:28 Edition badges.
It’s incredible to think that Dodge has had such a hard time selling the V-10 powered supercar when almost 215 sold out in just a few days, although we admit that’s probably because collectors want the last cars before the order books close for good.
While we highly doubt that these strong sales will have Dodge see that the Viper is worth preserving, we do wish they would. The Viper is a special car, and a uniquely American beast. The automotive landscape will be a truly sadder place without its 8.4-liter V-10 engine growling at us or trying to put us backwards into a wall because we went too deep into the throttle.
The Viper is dead. Long live the Viper!

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 07-03-2016 at 07:01 AM.
Old 07-03-2016, 07:44 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member