Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

the epiphany..

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 01:43 AM
Default the epiphany..

i'm just taking a second to realize some things...

i just wanna say that i never in my life dreamed of having the monte carlo that i do, i never imagined that one day i would turn a normal car into something that defines me, something that i love, put all my passion and heart into (lets not forget money )

i feel blessed and i never take it for granted, and i thank god that i found my passion within cars so i can live out my dreams happily and successfully

make the best of what you got, whether its an SS, LS, LT, or anything else in the vast world of vehicles, just always stay true to yourself and be humble

anybody out there feel the way i do?

Old 10-11-2009, 01:45 AM

your preaching to the choir my friend!

Old 10-11-2009, 02:26 AM

Before i saw my monte i was going to get a honda civic si...I look back at that with horror now.haha.. but sometimes...you just got to take a step back and take a look at all the great things youve been blessed with and dont take these things for granted ..life, love, ...really really nice cars.....montes preferably..hehe...and enjoy them!

Old 10-11-2009, 09:55 AM

I hear ya guys.
To my dad Honda's and Toyota's are the most reliable, so he was kinda encouraging me to go that way. I thought to myself man, i dont want to follow the line of buying toyota's, and i had seen Monte's and the body design is so unique that it got my attention test drove it, and i had to have it.
It was between a Monte , Magnum RT, or Charger RT, but financial circumstances did not allow me to get one of the other two, but i am very happy about my Monte.
It's mine (soon to be) and i love her. It's a Dale Sr. Edition.

Old 10-11-2009, 12:54 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

There is a lot to be thankful for...for sure! And I look at my car all the time, and think how lucky I am to be young, and yet able to have bought a brand new car that I thought I would not be able to have for years to come. I'm thankful for the job that made it possible, my parents that help me with school, and all the other good things in life. When you sit back and think about it, none of the bad is really as bad as we want to think it is...WE are driving a Monte Carlo. LOL

Old 10-11-2009, 05:35 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by MAMONTE
There is a lot to be thankful for...for sure! And I look at my car all the time, and think how lucky I am to be young, and yet able to have bought a brand new car that I thought I would not be able to have for years to come. I'm thankful for the job that made it possible, my parents that help me with school, and all the other good things in life. When you sit back and think about it, none of the bad is really as bad as we want to think it is...WE are driving a Monte Carlo. LOL
Setting at a show yesterday a guy came up to look our cars ('86 LS & '03 Pace car) over. He asked "Which" car was our's? I told him both Montes were.
He was looking at Taz in the back seat of the Pace car and I asked him if he owned a Monte Carlo? He replied he was a broke college student and couldn't afford one.

He truely seemed to be a Monte lover.

Old 10-11-2009, 08:06 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Yea, I am very fortunate for sure that my parents are paying for my college education! I still work full time, and generate my own income, which makes it so I am able to pay all my bills, and save a nice chunk of change every month, to hopefully help me achieve what I want in the future (buy a house)...If it was not for my parents helping with school, i'd still have my Monte, but i would not be able to save near as much money as I can now if I had to shell out the extra money for school too...for this I know i'm very lucky. My parents are giving me the opportunity to have a bright future!