Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

I had an epiphany...

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 01:04 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Lightbulb I had an epiphany...

Today, (well yesterday now) I had an epiphany on the way home from my grandma's house with my parents. I never really thought about it until just then. Everywhere I go, every place I visit, every where I look, I see not one, not two, but just about 5 monte carlo's (most of which are 6th gen, SS's, LS's, and Intimidator's, and very few 7th gen monte LS/SS's) or more passing by. My neighbor's now even have a white 6th gen SS across the street. People at the gym have Monte's. Yesterday, while walking into a Menards with my parents and grandma to help her order a door, a really sleek, nice looking white 4th gen monte carlo SS cruised by. It seems that I attract them, or they attract me. I always see them, no matter where. Even in the countryside. I am destined to have this car. I am destined to have a 6th gen Chevrolet Monte Carlo.

Does or has anyone else feel/felt the same way?

Old 03-28-2010, 07:28 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

It's not just a car, it a WAY OF LIFE!

We have 4 very nice vehicles, a Silverado Z71 Sportside, a Solstice GXP roadster, the '83 Olds Regency 2 dr coupe, and the Intimidator SS.

I'm ALWAYS glad to get back behind the wheel of the Monte Carlo after driving ANY other vehicle. Many things attribute to that, style comfort, just the right balance of stiffness and smoothness in the ride, plenty of get up n go, GREAT stereo, etc.

Right now I couldn't imagine driving anything else as a daily driver. I've put almost 125K on the odometer of this Monte, and 80K on the '01 SS LE. The 6th gen Monte Carlo is THE car of my choice of anything, and I've either owned or at least driven just about everything in the over 40 years I've had my drivers license.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:40 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I had an epiphany this morning too. I feel much better now. :p

Seriously...

I found that what ever car I currently own, I notice that make and model more. I think that's common with everybody.

Around town here, there's about an equal mix of 6th and 7th gens. But even more 5th gens. And a few 4th gens. Haven't seen a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd gen around in a long time.

Oh yeah...

I also noticed that your neighbour hasn't joined MCF. (just kidding)

Old 03-28-2010, 08:41 AM

I've noticed that the car you're driving you are more apt to see when driving. For example, my first car was a Chrysler Sebring, as soon as I got this car and drove it around it seemed like I saw Sebrings everywhere, I never thought twice about Monte Carlo's. Then I got my Monte Carlo, and I see a lot of them, but since I've had the Sebring I now point and laugh at all the Sebrings I see.

It's just a matter of having the car, you're more on the lookout for that particular type of car, unconsciously too. It's really too bad that you see so many Monte's around and they were still discontinued, I still hope they will someday revive the car, although with GM in its current state it's a miracle they even brought back the Camaro, much less a lesser known car, the Monte Carlo.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Quatermain N/A SS
I've noticed that the car you're driving you are more apt to see when driving. For example, my first car was a Chrysler Sebring, as soon as I got this car and drove it around it seemed like I saw Sebrings everywhere, I never thought twice about Monte Carlo's. Then I got my Monte Carlo, and I see a lot of them, but since I've had the Sebring I now point and laugh at all the Sebrings I see.
I totaly know what your talking about. Im always looking around for more montes, and even other cars that my family drive.

It's just a matter of having the car, you're more on the lookout for that particular type of car, unconsciously too.
Yea, I will be driving down the interstate paying attention to my own side. Then all of a sudden, My head wil whip around to the left b/c the corner of my eye registered a familiar looking style. When ever Im riding with some1 I have developed a condition I guess... I always holler out "Monte Carlo!" when ever I see one.

It's really too bad that you see so many Monte's around and they were still discontinued, I still hope they will someday revive the car, although with GM in its current state it's a miracle they even brought back the Camaro, much less a lesser known car, the Monte Carlo.
I think about watching TV everyday in that I am just waiting for an ad to come across saying something like,"The All New 2012 Chevrolet Monte Carlo!"

Old 03-28-2010, 12:18 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

hell since i've joined the forum i started seeing more and more 6th&7th gens

Old 03-28-2010, 02:22 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

I've alwaysss noticed the monte carlo bcuz i loved them so much =D but now that i have a black & silver one they seem to follow me & it ticks me off! lol at least none of the black & silvers ones around here are supercharged or i'd really be irritated =]

Old 03-28-2010, 02:32 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

I notice every monte there is lol. Also I was following my friends maroon grand prix, within 10 blocks i saw 4 other ones :O

Old 03-28-2010, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by captaindamnit
I always holler out "Monte Carlo!" when ever I see one.
omg me too. I take notice of other cars, not just monte carlos in particular. It just seems to be that I cannot get away from them.

lol i better hand out a flyer from mcforums

Last edited by MonteLSV6; 03-28-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:09 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Last sunday driving to/from Michigan we spotted at least 5 of the maroon, or berry colored '00-05 Montes. We both like the color very much. I commented "We must be getting one that color?"

I think during our trip yesterday we only saw a handful of Monte Carlos. A bunch of Impalas, and Malibus.

It's never easy getting out of a Monte then in to another car and driving. The Monte seems so much nicer to be in.

Quick Reply: I had an epiphany...