Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Empty Nest

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 05:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Empty Nest

My 20 year old Step-son (hate that term) My 20 year old son informed us yesterday that he has signed a lease with a buddie for a 2 bedroom apartment. Well he is moving out tomorrow. I arranged some time off with my boss to get a U-haul for the boys to get them into their new bachelor pad. This had been an on-going discussion for some time now so not a total surprise out of the blue.

Ronda had already made plans for his room (Guest room / Craft room).

So will be busy tomorrow helping the boys move and have 1 meeting for work I couldn't get out of but that is just a phone meeting.

Mixed emotions Zach and I have had our ups and downs (Step fathers are not always popular) I know it is a natural progression but things will be different now for Ronda and I (both sad and glad)

Last edited by Tadcaster; 02-16-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:10 PM

Tadd I understand what you are saying. I was there for a short time. This is also a difficult time in a marriage too. In many cases you become parents and forget that you used to be lovers and great friends before the kids came along. Make sure that you continue to build your relationship with Rhonda. The dynamic of your relationship is about to change and you will need to fight to keep it new and exciting.

For many reasons I didn't do that and I am starting over. I still have mixed feelings over it because it means I failed one relationship and started another. I won't be an empty nester again for at least 18 years.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:02 AM
5 Year Member

Thanks for the words of wisdom Gregg appreciate that. Ya Ronda and I talked about how our relationship will move on to the next step in life. We will have more time alone together to share. It is a door opening for us into a new dimension of our relationship.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:54 AM

Hi `Tadd,
I thought I was going to get `Zack's Room ~> & the extra key 2 the deuce ~>

Wish `Zach the best on his journey to adulthood..I'm sure he will get homesick (Oh, don't 4-get to change your locks)

Wish you & Ronda some happy private times 2gether in your Castle (Home Sweet Home)

Please have Zach post when he is having his 1st Party
LOL....It's Party Time *4 `Zach & 4 you & Ronda ~> LOL

Old 02-17-2012, 06:07 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
Hi `Tadd,
I thought I was going to get `Zack's Room ~> & the extra key 2 the deuce ~>

Wish `Zach the best on his journey to adulthood..I'm sure he will get homesick (Oh, don't 4-get to change your locks)

Wish you & Ronda some happy private times 2gether in your Castle (Home Sweet Home)

Please have Zach post when he is having his 1st Party
LOL....It's Party Time *4 `Zach & 4 you & Ronda ~> LOL
Space you are always welcome to come visit Ronda and me.... and use the Deuce to take your G/F out to dinner.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:27 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Haha, congrats on the empty house. Now you have a trophy room

Old 02-17-2012, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
Space you are always welcome to come visit Ronda and me.... and use the Deuce to take your G/F out to dinner.

Thanks `Tadd for your generous offer 4-Sure ~> I really appreciate. I hope some day that we can all get 2gether.
I will make sure that you & Ronda will get a wedding invitation in the future.

p.s. I also appreciate the offer to drive your awesome deuce, but I would be to nervous to drive it 4-Sure...Now, your old truck would be more my style...I just have to much respect for others pride & joy 4-Real...Maybe we could double date & you could drive your deuce Thanks 4-Real

Last edited by Space; 02-17-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Enzo354
Haha, congrats on the empty house. Now you have a trophy room
It sounds like Rhonda already called dibs. Haha.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Space

Thanks `Tadd for your generous off 4-Sure ~> I really appreciate. I hope some day that we can all get 2gether.
I will make sure that you & Ronda will get a wedding invitation in the future.

p.s. I also appreciate the offer to drive your awesome deuce, but I would be to nervous to drive it 4-Sure...Now, your old truck would be more my style...I just have to much respect for others pride & joy 4-Real...Maybe we could double date & you could drive your deuce Thanks 4-Real
Space I think many of us would like to share in your momentous occasion if you want us there.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
It sounds like Rhonda already called dibs. Haha.

Ya quite a while ago LOL.... but she has increased my budget to fix Sally up.

There is a Lean Mean Sally in the future.

Quick Reply: Empty Nest