Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Empty Nest (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/empty-nest-34258/)

Tadcaster 02-16-2012 05:20 PM

Empty Nest

My 20 year old Step-son (hate that term) My 20 year old son informed us yesterday that he has signed a lease with a buddie for a 2 bedroom apartment. Well he is moving out tomorrow. I arranged some time off with my boss to get a U-haul for the boys to get them into their new bachelor pad. This had been an on-going discussion for some time now so not a total surprise out of the blue.

Ronda had already made plans for his room (Guest room / Craft room).

So will be busy tomorrow helping the boys move and have 1 meeting for work I couldn't get out of but that is just a phone meeting.

Mixed emotions Zach and I have had our ups and downs (Step fathers are not always popular) I know it is a natural progression but things will be different now for Ronda and I (both sad and glad)

mousehousemoparman 02-16-2012 07:10 PM

Tadd I understand what you are saying. I was there for a short time. This is also a difficult time in a marriage too. In many cases you become parents and forget that you used to be lovers and great friends before the kids came along. Make sure that you continue to build your relationship with Rhonda. The dynamic of your relationship is about to change and you will need to fight to keep it new and exciting.

For many reasons I didn't do that and I am starting over. I still have mixed feelings over it because it means I failed one relationship and started another. I won't be an empty nester again for at least 18 years.

Tadcaster 02-17-2012 05:02 AM

Thanks for the words of wisdom Gregg appreciate that. Ya Ronda and I talked about how our relationship will move on to the next step in life. We will have more time alone together to share. It is a door opening for us into a new dimension of our relationship.

Space 02-17-2012 05:54 AM

Hi `Tadd,
I thought I was going to get `Zack's Room :(:confused:~>:rotfl: & the extra key 2 the deuce :eek: ~>:rotfl:

Wish `Zach the best on his journey to adulthood..I'm sure he will get homesick (Oh, don't 4-get to change your locks):rotfl:

Wish you & Ronda some happy private times 2gether in your Castle (Home Sweet Home) :thumbsup:

Please have Zach post when he is having his 1st Party :eek:
LOL....It's Party Time :rotfl: *4 `Zach & 4 you & Ronda ~> LOL

Tadcaster 02-17-2012 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by Space (Post 422295)
Hi `Tadd,
I thought I was going to get `Zack's Room :(:confused:~>:rotfl: & the extra key 2 the deuce :eek: ~>:rotfl:

Wish `Zach the best on his journey to adulthood..I'm sure he will get homesick (Oh, don't 4-get to change your locks):rotfl:

Wish you & Ronda some happy private times 2gether in your Castle (Home Sweet Home) :thumbsup:

Please have Zach post when he is having his 1st Party :eek:
LOL....It's Party Time :rotfl: *4 `Zach & 4 you & Ronda ~> LOL

Space you are always welcome to come visit Ronda and me.... and use the Deuce to take your G/F out to dinner.:thumbsup:

Enzo354 02-17-2012 11:27 AM

Haha, congrats on the empty house. Now you have a trophy room :D

Space 02-17-2012 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Tadcaster (Post 422297)
Space you are always welcome to come visit Ronda and me.... and use the Deuce to take your G/F out to dinner.:thumbsup:

:rolleyes:
Thanks `Tadd for your generous offer 4-Sure ~> I really appreciate. I hope some day that we can all get 2gether.
I will make sure that you & Ronda will get a wedding invitation in the future.

p.s. I also appreciate the offer to drive your awesome deuce, but I would be to nervous to drive it 4-Sure...Now, your old truck would be more my style...I just have to much respect for others pride & joy 4-Real...Maybe we could double date & you could drive your deuce :thumbsup::congrats: Thanks 4-Real :thumbsup:

mousehousemoparman 02-17-2012 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Enzo354 (Post 422368)
Haha, congrats on the empty house. Now you have a trophy room :D

It sounds like Rhonda already called dibs. Haha.

mousehousemoparman 02-17-2012 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Space (Post 422374)
:rolleyes:
Thanks `Tadd for your generous off 4-Sure ~> I really appreciate. I hope some day that we can all get 2gether.
I will make sure that you & Ronda will get a wedding invitation in the future.

p.s. I also appreciate the offer to drive your awesome deuce, but I would be to nervous to drive it 4-Sure...Now, your old truck would be more my style...I just have to much respect for others pride & joy 4-Real...Maybe we could double date & you could drive your deuce :thumbsup::congrats: Thanks 4-Real :thumbsup:

Space I think many of us would like to share in your momentous occasion if you want us there. :thumbsup:

Tadcaster 02-17-2012 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman (Post 422385)
It sounds like Rhonda already called dibs. Haha.

Ya quite a while ago LOL.... but she has increased my budget to fix Sally up.

There is a Lean Mean Sally in the future. :thumbsup: