Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

emailed GM

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 10:00 PM
Default emailed GM

I got bored today and decided to email GM about bringing back the MC. Did it 5 times with different addresses. Figured if I would do a Shawshank Redemption method to them, they would eventually listen... lol

BTW: if you do not get the Shawshank Redemption method it involves an imprisoned banker who writes to the government of his state every day and requests funding for new library in the prison. His request was eventually granted.

Old 12-13-2009, 10:07 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

that movie was awesome! "brooks was here" and the part about being institutionalized! that ranks high on my list of favorite movies!

Old 12-13-2009, 10:09 PM

Get busy livi'n or get busy die'n

... think i wrote it relatively correct.

Old 12-13-2009, 10:27 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

I had an e-mail conversation with GM's Holden about exporting to the US the G8 in a 2 door version as a replacement M.C. My reply was they thought that the 60 Coupe would be a better choice, but unfortunately it's just a concept car. There are a couple of threads here about it, including some photo shopped pic's with red bowties, "Monte Carlo" across the front. etc. It's just not going to happen.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:20 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Mabye someone should get creative on a new camaro. I did a shop a while ago, mabye someone could build a one off based on it :P

Old 12-14-2009, 06:30 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

No way the camaro is too heavy. If they were to bring back the MC for some reason, it would have to be under 3500lbs or I think it would be a waste. I think if they could use the CTS platform and get rid of some of the electronics and luxuries the CTS has and get rid of that extra door, I think they could pull off a great performing MC without the extra gurth.

Old 12-14-2009, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by mrl390
No way the camaro is too heavy. If they were to bring back the MC for some reason, it would have to be under 3500lbs or I think it would be a waste. I think if they could use the CTS platform and get rid of some of the electronics and luxuries the CTS has and get rid of that extra door, I think they could pull off a great performing MC without the extra gurth.
ditto
Thanks Matt,

Super *sig >SuperMonte
4-Sure

Old 12-14-2009, 07:42 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

I've said it before, I don't see it happening. But it would be cool if it did!

Old 12-14-2009, 07:58 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

I agree about the weight. There is NO REASON they need to be THAT heavy. They are going the WRONG direction IMO. Fuel efficiency and performance SHOULD go hand in hand, and adding weight is NOT the right direction.
We have a 350HP 2.0L turbocharged Ecotec in our '07Solstice GXP. We have friends that have 400 HP in theirs, and probably more. It's STILL a heavy car at 2,900 lbs, compared to the Mazda Miata at under 2,500 lbs. How about an LS7 Solstice at 3,000 lbs? They are out there! And the Camaro at 2 tons!
Honestly, I think that there should be NO REASON they couldn't build a Monte Carlo that would weigh WELL under 3,500 lbs. Forget the Onstar. Forget the amps and sub-woofers. No air conditioning. Maybe even a radio delete option! Power windows?
More aluminum. An LS4 all aluminum engine. Aluminum sub-frames. Etc, etc, etc.
Transmissions.....they're all 6 speeds now. How 'bout an LS7 with a Powerglide!
Build them loaded, build them stripped down. No radio, no air, no ABS or TC, no NOTHING! I'm not saying take out inner door beams and the such, but MAYBE someone might WANT a new Monte Carlo with NO door speakers, NO rear 6x9's, NO radio, NO air conditioning, NO power windows, NO OPTIONS. Just quality steering and brakes, and plenty of power. If you want options, OK. If not, OK. You want a 3,000 lb Monte Carlo, OK. How many 4th gens out there weigh under 3,000 lbs???

Oh, I forgot, we can only buy what THEY want to sell us, not what WE want to buy.

RANT! RANT! RANT! RANT!

I'll NEVER buy another new car. NEVER!!! F' 'em ALL! For $40K+, you can build one HECK of a NICE car. $50, 60, 70K? No WAY! Not paying that!

Old 12-14-2009, 10:26 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The Monte has always been a Luxury Sport coupe. I could see a "Chevy-fied" version of the CTS as a Monte. With some of the luxuries.

Realistically, I don't see the Monte coming back anytime soon. Unless GM made the Camaro and the Monte significantly different from each other, I don't see GM coming out with competition to the Camaro.