Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Downgrade? Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 12:13 PM
Default RE: Downgrade? Upgrade?

[align=center]Hi `Ian,[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Take your Super Clean Monte LTto this dealer in NY,& do a trade : )[/align][align=center]It's GMCertified [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Example of Price on Low Miles 06 Monte Carlo[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]2006ChevroletMonte Carlo3LT[/align][align=center]on E-Bay Motor's[/align][align=center]GM CERTIFIED 06 Monte Carlo 3LT [/align][align=center]only 14K 3.9 V6[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]

price:
US $14,497.00[/align][align=center]WoW, good price : )[/align][align=center][:-]Click below link for more infor/pic's [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GM-CERTIFIED-06-Monte-Carlo-3LT-only-14K-3-9-V6_W0QQitemZ110168095155QQihZ001QQcategoryZ6171QQc mdZViewItem[/align]

Old 09-14-2007, 12:22 PM

Well, we have to make them common!

If anyone on this forum hasn't already, sign up for K&N's website. Say you have a 2006 3.9, or 06/07 3.5 and that you want a FIPK/CAI.

They're using that as market research just as well as they're using it for advertising new product! If 8 ppl sign up and say they have a 3.9, versus 200 PPL that sign up as having a 5.3, which car do you think they're going to do the R&D for first?

Use all your emails and slightly different names even!

http://www.knfilters.com/vehicles/needu.htm

There you can see where their R&D facilities are. I haven't seen the Monte pop up on the list, but hey, send them an offer they can't refuse. Say you've got x amount of guaranteed buyers... Like we do for group buys.

I'm sure we can round up a minimum of 5 ppl willing to buy a CAI/FIPK for the 3.5/3.9 motors! Heck, I'm one!

Old 09-14-2007, 12:53 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

GM Certified? Space, I thought you knew better man... all that means is they looked at it and said "yep, its used."

seriously, car dealers have figured out if you have a car thats not new, but not really that used either, people will buy them faster and for more money than if they are marked "used" as to "certified".

don't let these car dealers fool ya space..

Old 09-14-2007, 01:21 PM

[align=center][/align][align=center]`Cowboy, I don't think you did your HomeWork/ReSearch B-4 you posted[/align][align=center]There is a difference, between used & Certified.[/align][align=center]Please read below [/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]
What Is GM Certified?
[align=center]To even be considered for the GM Certified program, a vehicle must be 2002 model year or newer, with fewer than 60,000 miles. They're vehicles that met our tough standards when we first built them. Now they have to again, or they won't be certified. [/align][align=center]GM Certified Used Vehicles are only available through select GM dealers, and all feature: [/align]
100,000-Mile/5-Year Powertrain Limited Warranty*
[align=center]Now, when you purchase a 2002 through 2007 model year GM Certified Used Vehicle, it comes with a transferable 100,000-Mile/5-Year Powertrain Limited Warranty with no deductible. It's a whole new level of value, confidence and protection. [/align][ul][*][align=center]Transferable to subsequent owners [/align][*][align=center]$0 deductible [/align][/ul]

*Whichever comes first from original in-service date. Some 2002 models will not be eligible based on their in-service date. See your dealer for limited warranty details.
3-Month/3,000-Mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty Extension*
[align=center]A 3-Month/3,000-Mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty Extension protects you beginning the minute you leave the lot. This is a bumper-to-bumper coverage that extends any remaining factory warranty. It's not just protection for your car, but for your peace of mind. [/align]
*Whichever comes first.
117-Point Inspection
[align=center]All GM Certified Used Vehicles must undergo our rigorous 117-Point inspection process. Conducted by GM-trained technicians, each inspection is required to adhere to strict, factory-set standards to ensure that every vehicle's engine, chassis and body is in excellent condition. [/align]
Vehicle History Report
[align=center]We offer a detailed vehicle history report for every vehicle we sell—so you don't have to worry about major problems like accidents, fires or hidden titles. CARFAX, the most trusted name in vehicle history reports, is the preferred supplier of GM Certified Used Vehicle history reports. [/align]
Like-New Vehicle Financing for Qualified Buyers Using GMAC
[align=center]GM Certified Used Vehicles is proud to offer like-new vehicle financing on select vehicles for qualified buyers using GMAC Financing. [/align]
3-Day/150-Mile Guarantee
[align=center]Take a few days and a few miles to get comfortable with your GM Certified Used Vehicle. If you're not sure, bring it back. [/align]
24-Hour Roadside Assistance*
[align=center]We offer 24-hour roadside assistance and courtesy transportation for the life of your 100,000-Mile/5-Year Powertrain Limited Warranty (based on original in-service date). Around the clock and around the country, your GM Certified Used Vehicle comes with helping hands. [/align][center]*For the length of the Powertrain Limited Warranty. Whichever comes first, from original in-service date. Some 2002 models will not be eligible based on their in-service date. See your dealer for limited warranty details.

~ Peace Out ~
[b][col

Old 09-14-2007, 01:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: FlynhghR

Well, we have to make them common!

If anyone on this forum hasn't already, sign up for K&N's website. Say you have a 2006 3.9, or 06/07 3.5 and that you want a FIPK/CAI.

They're using that as market research just as well as they're using it for advertising new product! If 8 ppl sign up and say they have a 3.9, versus 200 PPL that sign up as having a 5.3, which car do you think they're going to do the R&D for first?

Use all your emails and slightly different names even!

http://www.knfilters.com/vehicles/needu.htm

There you can see where their R&D facilities are. I haven't seen the Monte pop up on the list, but hey, send them an offer they can't refuse. Say you've got x amount of guaranteed buyers... Like we do for group buys.

I'm sure we can round up a minimum of 5 ppl willing to buy a CAI/FIPK for the 3.5/3.9 motors! Heck, I'm one!
Great, great, great link.

But they don't have any LTZ's on the list.

Riverside is close to me. Too bad, no free CAI.

I hope this means the Monte is on the drawing board.

Old 09-14-2007, 01:45 PM

I filled out the questionaire to volunteer my car for a free CAI.

Old 09-14-2007, 01:57 PM

5 Year Member

space, thats all a load of crap. clark howard, a talk show host in atlanta, talked about buying a used car. his goal is to help you "spend less, save more, and avoid being ripped off" he's the man to call on money matters. he specifically said that all of that crap about a car being "certified" used, it means nothing. they've just figured out you'll buy "certified" before you'll buy used and pay more for it.

don't believe everything you read space...

Old 09-14-2007, 03:10 PM

"Certified" means that you get the exact same warranty as if it were new.

Old 09-14-2007, 03:11 PM

5 Year Member

not where i live, sometimes they'll have warranty left on them from when they were new, but thats it.

Old 09-14-2007, 04:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

space, thats all a load of crap. clark howard, a talk show host in atlanta, talked about buying a used car. his goal is to help you "spend less, save more, and avoid being ripped off" he's the man to call on money matters. he specifically said that all of that crap about a car being "certified" used, it means nothing. they've just figured out you'll buy "certified" before you'll buy used and pay more for it.

don't believe everything you read space...
Don't worry Cowboy, I sure don't believe
everything thatI read, or hear on the radio. `Amen
I learned to consider the source that it's coming from.
I do research, & read the fine print.
Are you implying that the GM Certified Program is
not true ? Did you read it ? It's a legal binding contract. Is the talk show host a expert ?, or is
he just running his mouth ? What proof did he
document ? Are you going to be a talk show host ?
What a World Peace,
`Space

Quick Reply: Downgrade? Upgrade?