Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Doom & Gloom : (

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 07:43 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Doom & Gloom : (

[align=center]Doom & Gloom[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Pic from Mod Wiz Kidd files [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Do you think that the high price of fuel will[/align][align=center]kill the performance aftermarket industry ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]There seems to be more problems, then solutions.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I heard on the news this morning that the price of gas[/align][align=center]could be as high as $6.00 a gal in 09 : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]In just the last two daysa barrel ofoil went `up a dollar[/align][align=center]a day : ([/align][align=center]It's really upsetting for me, and those that love performance[/align][align=center]cars, and looked forward to owning/buildinghighly modified[/align][align=center]vehicles.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]A Orlando Floridanews report stated that several[/align][align=center]dealers will not even take large V-8 vehicles in on trade : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Are the high prices affecting how you will mod your Monte ?,[/align][align=center]& howmuch you pleasure drive ?[/align][align=center]This really sucks, 4 - Sure[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Do you think it will get better, or continue to get worse ?[/align][align=center]Post you thoughts/opinions/frustrations.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
Analyst: Oil could top $200 a barrel this year
Analyst: Oil could top $200 a barrel this year | detnews.com |
www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic... - 72k - 21 hours ago - Similar pages [/align][align=center]
[:-]
I know that many of us have it better then the majority
in our World, but we are a spoiled country : ) It sure
has me concerned about my future plans, and future
automotive choices.
Will our forum turn into a "How do I get the best MPG's
from my Monte Carlo, instead of how can I get my
Monte to run better times ?
[font="times new roman"][size=4]Many of the older people I grew `up with are having a d

Old 05-07-2008, 07:53 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: Doom & Gloom : (

i think that the price of gas will get worse, i dont know how the states are right now but the Canadian Government showed a profit of 2.something billion $, for the 1st quarter alone, so i think the goverment has the power to step in and lower gas prices, just lower the taxes on it so the price doesn't need to be so high, then we wont have so much money going to gas alone, we can spend the money on other stuff we need

i can see a lot of problems coming soon for people that depend on gas for their jobs, when the price keeps going up its going to effect those peoples businesses (like truckers)

Old 05-07-2008, 08:25 AM

[align=center]Don't Worry ~ Be Happy[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]EveryThing is going to be `ok[/align][align=center]4- Sure[/align][align=center]`Spaced-Out [8D]
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/EEBC60348B3D409B9CBBF19E0521EC8A.jpg[/IMG] [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]" My Tank if `half full, not half `empty"[/align][align=center]Peace/Out/`Space[/align]

Old 05-07-2008, 09:15 AM

They had a guy on TV the other night who is an energy analysist, and his record for the past 8 years has been spot on for predicting the price of oil/gas. He was saying that by 2010 the price of oil will hit $225/barrel and gas will be $10.50/gallon. Can you imagine $300to fill up your Monte??????

The sad thing is it doesn't have to be this way. It is simply corporate greed has fueled "fear speculation" in almost all segements of commerce. The "fear" that prices will go up hascorporations buying and stockpiling different commodities , thus increasing demand, while limiting supply. This in itself drives the prices up and has a snowball effect.

In the case of the oil companies, theydo this themselves by limiting production. Because of the war, demand has increased (the US military is the largest user of fuel, especially diesel, that's why diesel is now for the first time ever more expensive than gas) while they falsely claim supply is limited because of China and India's increased useof automobiles. Funny how they have had such a large increase in the use of automobiles in just a few years. It's all part of the oil giantsplan to start drilling in what are now protected areas, but will be EXTREMELY profitable to them when they cut out OPEC and others that now supply the oil.

Remember when Bush first was in office and Dick Cheney held secret meetings setting the Bush Administration's energy policies? He wouldn't even say WHO was in the meetings, much less what was decided. He fought it all the way to the Supreme Court to keep it secret, and lo and behold, the Republican-heavy Supreme Court ruled in his favor! Imagine that! And now we are paying record prices for...ENERGY!

Bush and friends are IN THE OIL BUSINESS! Talk about the fox guarding the henhouse...

BTW...I'm from Southeast Texas, where we produce 85% of the gasoline used in the US. There is $18 billion worth of expansion projects staring in this area, with the largest being MOTIVA Enterprises, a joint-venture refinery owned by Shell and the Saudi government. When completed it will be the largest refinery in the US. Why all of a sudden, with the price of oil at record numbers,are these refiners expanding to increase supply? Think maybe they know they will be allowed to drill their ownoil?

Just some thoughts....

Old 05-07-2008, 11:08 AM

It is sad because gas/food prices rise, and pay rates stay the same...it sucks.

Old 05-07-2008, 11:32 AM

Thanks Randall & Ryan, Thanksfor your
post/input. I wish you/us better days

A flying saucer was low on fuel
A flying saucer was low on fuel, so it landed near a local gas station. On its side were the letters "UFO".
The gas station attendant was stunned, but his curiosity got the best of him and asked the weird looking alien

"Does that stand for Unidentified Flying Object?" he asked.
"No, the alienresponds.
[align=center]"It stands for 'Unleaded Fuel Only'."[/align][align=center]and @ $5.75 a gallon, we are going back to our[/align][align=center]`Space Planet : ) We can't afford to visit planet `Earth[/align][align=center]anymore.Come home `Space
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/50EF02169AAF4B3D9A05489EDADD6991.gif[/IMG] [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Watch Out World, `Space is @ the[/align][align=center]Pilot's seat again [/align]

Old 05-07-2008, 12:49 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: rysZ34

It is sad because gas/food prices rise, and pay rates stay the same...it sucks.
Remember, the president doesn't control the budget.

It all started when these 2 clowns took over 18 months ago.

Old 05-07-2008, 06:21 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center]Doom & Gloom[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Pic from Mod Wiz Kidd files [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Ok, time for a Major MCF Pity Party [/align][align=center]Mod's `Taz &`Wizare bring'in the drinks/food & fuel for `all : )[/align][align=center][/align]
Ahh! I remember that picture. I took that picture of moderator Wiz Kidd as he was heading out looking for you Space.

I got the drinks and food, but because of the high gas prices, I had to use the MCF Staff Yugo which doesn't hold much. But Josh, Mickey and I had a heck of a party.

I think we're headed for some kind of major event. With the price of everything going higher everyday, and people's jobs going... well....just plain going. Something has gotta give. I wish I could be positive about this, but it looks like nothing is going to change until after the US presidential election. Hopefully, the next President can turn things around.