Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

does this happen where you live??

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 10:30 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

PA is rediculous when it comes to roads. I was driving down the highway (route 70) last week going about 65mph. It was dark so I couldnt see too far in front of me. I see this GIANT pot hole in the lane I was traveling in. No lie it was the width of the lane round and was easily 6-7 inches deep. By the time I saw it, I had no time to react. I hit it so hard that I was surprised my wheels stayed on my car. What is the excuse for that? I should have swerved off the side of the road and then called Edgar Snyder. Next time I went past that spot they put some half-assed patch on it that was still a pothole itself. My whole commute from home to school and back is nothing but an obstacle course of potholes, ruts and ridges. Everywhere there is a bridge there is a step to get on and off that you have to slow down for. And this is on the highways. Arent they supposed to be smooth so you can travel on them safely at high speeds?

Old 06-23-2009, 09:13 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I am all too familiar with those ****ty PA roads myself! Lots of nicks and bumps on my Monte due to them

Old 06-23-2009, 10:28 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

I don't see those kind of roads where I live. The pot holes are just filled in with real asphalt. If they used this stuff I'd be very pissed off.

Anyone else notice the maroon 6.5 Gen Monte in the video? lol

Old 06-23-2009, 04:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

we get a mix of both in mn asfault some pot holes and tar and gravel in my oppinion stop complaing have some fun with it yank that ebrake.... they do it here i take the monte and do some drifting

Old 06-23-2009, 04:43 PM

They've been using that **** here in Alberta for quite some time from what i understand, and yeah its a bitch.. you should all see my hood.. part of the reason why im repainting the whole f'n car

most people think i have a crap load of bugs on the front end untill i tell them to look closer

Old 06-23-2009, 04:57 PM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Budsjlm
we get a mix of both in mn asfault some pot holes and tar and gravel in my oppinion stop complaing have some fun with it yank that ebrake.... they do it here i take the monte and do some drifting
Where is the facepalm emocon when you need it?

Old 06-23-2009, 08:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Budsjlm
i bet if anyone in pa tried that, the car would go into a slide, and the wheel would sink into a hole going sideways. it happened with some kids fox- body a month ago up here, snapped the axle off & the car slid up over the wheel & axle stub. not fun.

i will admit, me and my buddie take his lil 6cyl 4speed 81 dodge 2wd up to some of the dirt roads in the park for fun like that, those dirt paths are almos smoother than the paved roads, which is sad.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:12 PM

OMFG. I didn't think anything could be worse that Illinois's craptacular roads, but this takes the cake. I feel so bad for you. And your Monte.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:42 PM

5 Year Member

PA consistantly places in the top 5 worst roads in the US. It usually bounces between #1 and #2 from what I have read.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:53 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

they used that stuff on the road near the racetrack we go to in CT, i had no idea what it was until the 2nd time i went over it and noticed my car was a mess. luckily it's all gone, but that stuff sucks!! i'm surprised they use it as much as they do, maybe a lot of people will start to complain about their cars and they'll smarten up!!!

Quick Reply: does this happen where you live??