Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

does this happen where you live??

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 04:46 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default does this happen where you live??

check out the link posted and do you have to deal with this where you live, thanks, i think it sucks to drive on and it ruins my paint every year!!

http://www.wpxi.com/news/19826035/detail.html?taf=burg

Old 06-22-2009, 05:04 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

yes, i guess the recession is dipping into pendots coffee & donuts fund, they had to cut corners somewhere, lol. my development has taken a different approch to the above delemma: just let the roads fall apart & turn back into gravel. there are holes that could swallow my 5th gen up to the axle!

Old 06-22-2009, 05:05 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Totally, the good old CHEAP BROKE state of California uses this crap all over the place. I hate it! In fact the street I live on was refinished about a year ago, and sure enough, this is how they refinished it!

Don't get me wrong, I love California, but I hate the lack of maintenance our roads get...especially for what we pay in taxes! ERRRR!

Old 06-22-2009, 05:43 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

They do that all the time where I live. It sucks because they leave tons of tiny little stones all over the road. If they would just take some time to sweep the excess stones off to the side of the road it wouldnt be so bad. My tires grab these stones up until they fill the tread and then they just fling them at the underside of the car as soon as I get going fast. Its real annoying.

Old 06-22-2009, 06:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I wouldn't go for that at all. I'd move. F that

Old 06-22-2009, 06:50 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

If they decide to do that here. I'm going to be hiring me a lawyer and sue the **** out of the city. I want my car back to the way it was BEFORE the damage from your crappy roads. And when i get it out of the shop, i'll sue them again cause i already know its going to happen again.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Standard practice here in Michigan.
What REALLY got to me this week was they re-paved 1 mile of a perfectly good country road I travel commuting. There was NOTHING wrong with this stretch, but somehow it got the approval for paving. WTF! Does a county commissioner live on this stretch? I just don't understand.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:49 PM

yup! chicago has a crazy amount of potholes during the winter so we get the cheap patch up jobs.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:46 PM

PENNDOT just layed off thousands of workers! somebody invented a shovel that can stand by itself!!!! i once delt with PA roads, they SUCK! i remember during the winter driving over the mason dixon line. PA would be covered with snow and salt, MD would be clear and salt free, and right at the line! amazing! (rt 30)

Old 06-22-2009, 10:13 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That stuff is bullsh**!

Chipped or broken windows. Chipped paint. Reduced traction. Unsafe for two wheeled vehicles (bikes and motorcycles). Plus, it's highly unsafe for anyone standing near the road. I can just see someone walking along the sidewalk and getting stones to the head from passing traffic.

And what's with this crap of spreading oil all over it? Isn't the price of oil high enough without idiot politicians using it on something this stupid?

Who's going to pay to have everyone's car repainted? Oh that's right, the politicians don't care about that. And because of all the damage being done to people's cars, the insurance companies raise the premiums of everyone who lives in an area with these roads.

What about all the broken windows of the homes and businesses along these roads?

Gravel roads! What is this 2009 or 1909?

Where's Penn & Teller to do an episode of their show on this? Bullsh*t!!!

Quick Reply: does this happen where you live??