Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Do you own a Weapon (Guns etc)Multiple Choice Poll
Yes, I will post them
53.13%
No I don't & don't want to
12.50%
No, but I want 2 have one
15.63%
I'm against all weapons
0%
Freedom to bear arms is my `right
50.00%
I have a legal gun permit
34.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Do you own a weapon ?

Old 02-24-2014, 11:27 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi Space,
I don't, nor do I ever plan to own a Gun. Although I don't own one, I like Cross Bows. Silent but Deadly!!! Hee Hee Hee!!! I think Quiet is the best way to go. Plus it would take a lot for a Kids to load and fire one. Although my kids are grown and on their own, I still think like a Father. When I was in the Navy I did the Shore Patrol/M.P., my kids were small, so I was so glad that we had to leave our weapons in the Armory. That way there was never and Accidents.
Today I still feel the same. No Guns in the house, no accidental shootings of anyone!!!!! Anyone who keeps a gun or 3 in their house, that's cool, it's just not for me!!!!!

Old 02-24-2014, 11:36 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up "We the People"

Thanks J.C. for posting/sharing.
Do you have a picture of your Cross bow to share ?

Thanks member's for voting & posting your thoughts on this controversial topic. It affects everyone & the ones you love & care about.

I look forward to reading what everyone has to say on this subject & what they believe. I think it's a good topic for all to think about.

I wish I didn't feel like I needed a weapon to protect myself or others, but it's the world that we all live in today.

I hope it encourages all to get involved in their communities & their government. "We the People" >Yes, you to

Wish everyone a life without fear or harm.

Old 02-24-2014, 11:40 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

I have a few guns. I like to target shoot and shoot clays. I bought a. Savage 17 hmr and a cheap maverick 88 12 GA shotgun. I was given all of my grandpa's guns too years ago. So Ihave another remington 1100 12 GA, 3 .410 shotguns, 2 .22 rifles, and a couple more.

Old 02-24-2014, 03:15 PM

I've been wanting to get one for sometime... the time was just never right. Now that I'm kind of settled into my new town I plan on getting one.

I miss shooting from when I was in the Military... I was really good too, I found it odly relaxing.

I already have my license and plan on picking up an AR15 most likely and have a tactical set up. (Was such a pain to get my PAL [Possession Acquisition License] in Canada)

Old 02-24-2014, 04:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I am a weapon. That is a joke. My tragically Canadian values are anti-gun. I won't own one and thus play my small part to make it gun-free world.

Years ago someone made a poll about members who keep a gun in their Monte Carlo's. I was really surprised that the vast majority of members did. This seems like such an easy way to get a gun stolen and into the hands of criminals

Old 02-24-2014, 04:18 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
I won't own one and thus play my small part to make it gun-free world.
Unfortunately, the only gun/evil/war/crime free world is also a lifeless one. IMO.

Old 02-24-2014, 04:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I don't have any firearms anymore. I used to have a nice shotgun and a 22 caliber and my father had a 308 as well as we had a 38 special and a 357 magnum for a short time. I used to really enjoy using them for target practice, I tried hunting for a couple of years, but after sitting in the forest shivering and cold and not seeing a thing, I decided that I could hunt better and easier at the local grocery store I got rid of my guns after Ontario changed their registration and acquisition permit process, making it more of a pain to bother with if you are just someone that likes to target practice once or twice a year.

At present I have access to a nice compound bow which is fun to take shots at a target across the field.

Old 02-24-2014, 05:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

We have one or two shotguns, used to have more but dad didn't use them any more and sold them.

Old 02-24-2014, 05:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member

Space, I don't have a Cross Bow but one day I will. I like them better cause you cat retrieve the arrows! Maybe Ill as for one for my 53rd Birthday. My Mrs. is into the Zombies thing so that may not be a Problem. The you guys will have to start calling me Darrel Jr.

Old 02-24-2014, 07:53 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member

For decoration I have an inherited cheap 12 gauge single shot shotgun that was my father's. Got mailed to me in about 4 separate packages and put back together. I would not dare load and try and fire that thing. Better suited for hanging over the fireplace if I had a fireplace.

For reals a Mossberg Combo 12 gauge shotgun.

Everyday use I have a folding box cutter clipped to my belt, the action is loose so I can whip it off the belt and it snaps open. Tool of the trade.

Don't do a lot of shooting. I got rid of a 10-22 and another 12 gauge when kids were born and waited 'till they grew up and moved out to buy a gun again. It's just part of something I grew up with.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do you own a weapon ?