Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes : )
29.20%
No : (
39.82%
I want to : )
24.78%
Against all Weapons
6.19%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Do you carry a Gun in your Monte Carlo ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 07:16 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: Do you carry a Gun/Weapon in your Monte Carlo ?

yah i noticed that! lol...who sells church pews anyway? lol

Old 04-29-2007, 03:42 PM

whats up. I read your post and I just wanted to write you and say congrats on goin and gettin your permit well in the works like you said. I am hear to tell you if you use it right and conceal it so no one knows you have it then you will be good and you will feel the safest you have probably ever felt. I know when I put mine on I know I do. Make sure you go out and shoot it though trust me you will want the practice. Kinda expensive but its worth it if it happens to save your life right. what kind your thinkin about gettin. I saw you say that you cousin or somethin was a cop. You should definately go shootin with her. She could probably show you the best ways to do a lot of stuff like unholstering your gun and shooting quickly and shooting from behind things. Well just wanted to say good luck and have fun cause even though guns are dangerous if you respect them they are so much fun to just go out and shoot. I try to almost every sunday. Later

Old 05-01-2007, 09:47 PM

Yeah it wasn't that bad at first because I grew up around it but they have just gotten worse and worse. But then I got here in Washington and I guess I fell into a false sense of security. When I go back to visit I won't have it on me (it's against the law in IL) but while i'm here in Washington. There are some dirty people out here but when i'm just walking down the street I have nothing to worry about, I can handle myself, but when in a car and you have a guy walk up to you and pull a gun and your sitting in traffic theres nothing really to be done but give up the car or get shot. The crazy thing is that if someone pulls a gun on you and you pull one back on them,they are more apt to just say forget it and let you go ( from experience I know this). Hey whatever it takes to keep my Monte.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:13 PM

that sucks its illegal there. I think they should make it legal everywhere as long as you have a permit. Yeah I havent experinced bein car jacked or nothin but there have been some punks that like to try to start stuff like messin with me pullin out in front of me and stoppin or following me. Ever since I got my permit I am VERY much more aware of my surrounding cause if someone is walkin up to my car I'm not waitin for them to get there if I see them you know. I am gonna have the thing cocked and on my lap ready to go. Anyways keep in contact let me know what you are gettin or got. Nice someone on here is finally actually talkin about it instead of juat puttin up pictures and stuff you know. Later

Old 05-01-2007, 10:37 PM

I don't know what i'm gettin yet. I want something with some weight to it and powerful, yet easy to pull if I have to. I don't know much about guns but will be learning b4 I get one

Old 05-04-2007, 09:41 PM

my buddy has an XD 40 caliber I think its made by springfieldvery compact but ita a 40 caliber let me tell you thats some nockdown power. Just thought I would give you an idea

Old 05-17-2007, 06:15 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Do you carry a Gun in your Monte Carlo ?

[/align]Baby 'Bubba' Gets State Gun Permit[/align]- 10 months old -
AP[/align]CHICAGO (March 17) - Bubba Ludwig cannot walk, talk or open[/align]the refrigerator door - but he does have his very own Illinois gun permit. [/align]
[/align]The 10-month-old, whose given name is Howard David Ludwig, was issued a firearm owner's identification card after his father, Howard Ludwig, paid the $5 fee and filled out the application, not expecting to actually get one.

The card lists the baby's height at 2 feet, 3 inches, weight at 20 pounds and has a scribble where the signature should be.
[/align]

With some exceptions, the cards are required of any Illinois residents purchasing or possessing firearms or ammunition within the state. There are no age restrictions on the cards, an official said.

Illinois State Police oversee the application process. Their purpose, said Lt. Scott Compton, is to keep guns out of the hands of convicted felons, those under an order of protection and those convicted of domestic violence.

"Does a 10-month-old need a FOID card? No, but there are no restrictions under the act regarding age of applicants," he said.

Ludwig, 30, of Chicago, applied for the card after his own father bought Bubba a 12-gauge Beretta shotgun as a gift. The weapon will probably be kept at Ludwig's father's house until the boy is at least 14.
[/align][/align]He has now applied for a driver's license & is out shopping[/align]for a 2007 Monte Carlo SS[/align][sm=americanasmiley.gif][/align]Go USA....What a Country[/align]

Old 05-17-2007, 09:35 AM

[align=center]

Man tries to drive self to hospital after being shot[align=right]Click-2-Listen[/align][/align]
By Steve Bennish
Staff Writer[/align]Tuesday, May 15, 2007 [/align]DAYTON — One man shot about 6:30 this evening on Hollencamp Avenue is in critical condition at Miami Valley Hospital after attempting to drive himself to another hospital for help, police said.
The man, whose name and age was not immediately available, apparently climbed into his Chevrolet Monte Carlo after he was wounded at or near 156 Hollencamp and tried to drive north to Good Samaritan Hospital, Dayton Lt. Randy Beane said.

On the way, the man became unable to drive and stopped the car on Gettysburg Avenue on a bridge over Wolf Creek near Cornell Drive, Beane said. The man staggered from the car, then collapsed.
Bystanders saw him and tried to render aid, Beane said. The man was taken to Miami Valley Hospital, where Beane said his injuries were described as critical.
"He bled quite a bit on the bridge," Beane said.

Contact this reporter at (937) 225-7407or sbennish@DaytonDailyNews.com.

[hr]

My Beach Bum Gang thinks the Monte Carlo Driver
was shot by someone driving a Ford that lost the race.
It's Dangerous out there on the highways [:@]
Be Safe/ Do U carry a Gun ?
[/align]

Old 05-17-2007, 02:26 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

By Steve Bennish
Staff Writer
[/align]Tuesday, May 15, 2007
[/align]DAYTON — One man shot about 6:30 this evening on Hollencamp Avenue is in critical condition at Miami Valley Hospital after attempting to drive himself to another hospital for help, police said.
The man, whose name and age was not immediately available, apparently climbed into his Chevrolet Monte Carlo after he was wounded at or near 156 Hollencamp and tried to drive north to Good Samaritan Hospital, Dayton Lt. Randy Beane said.

On the way, the man became unable to drive and stopped the car on Gettysburg Avenue on a bridge over Wolf Creek near Cornell Drive, Beane said. The man staggered from the car, then collapsed.
Bystanders saw him and tried to render aid, Beane said. The man was taken to Miami Valley Hospital, where Beane said his injuries were described as critical.
"He bled quite a bit on the bridge," Beane said.

First I ever heard of this?
(but what's new? I do not read newspapers, watch TV news reporting programs, or read much news stories on the net. WHY? Cause they're all one-sided)

Old 06-05-2007, 06:09 AM

[align=center][/align][align=center]I wish the United States could Win the War on the Crimes on the[/align][align=center]Streets of the USA, before we go toother places in our World[/align][align=center]and try to end their violence.[/align][align=center][sm=americanasmiley.gif][/align][align=center]Orlando, Florida makes over 8 Billion Dollars[/align][align=center]a year from Tourist & there's a major[/align][align=center]increase in crime that will effect the[/align][align=center]safety of all.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]There's a War going on in the USA.[/align][align=center]Can we stop the violence the Crime here ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]U.S. agencies focus on crime in Orlando, 3 other cities
The Land of `Mickey Mouse
By Lara Jakes Jordan
The Associated Press
Posted June 2 2007
[/align]
[b]

[align=center][/align][align=center]WASHINGTON · A violent crime spike in four cities led the Justice Department on Friday to dispatch additional teams of federal agents to combat guns, gangs or surging murder rates in Orlando; Mesa, Ariz.; San Bernardino, Calif., and San Juan, Puerto Rico.

The four-city push comes as the FBI is expected to report a 1.3 percent rise in violent crime nationwide in 2006 -- an increase for the second straight year.
[/align][align=center]
[/align]
[align=center][/align][align=center]At the same time, a new internal Justice report rapped crime-busting task forces for failing to coordinate efforts and potentially endangering agents' lives.

"Each of these cities has seen an unacceptable increase in homicides or other violent crimes," Attorney General Alberto Gonzales told employees at the Washington headquarters of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. "Authorities in each have come forward and asked for our help."

Defying critics who have demanded his resignation over the firings of U.S. attorneys, Gonzales said he would spend the final 18 months of his tenure "in a sprint" to curb violent crime.

The influx of agents brings the ATF Violent Crime Impact Teams, which first deployed three years ago, to 29 cities, including Miami. The FBI is also adding to its more than 180 Safe Streets Task Forces by sending one to Orlando, which Gonzales said has been plagued by gang violence.

Orlando police spokeswoman Barbara Jones said the department "welcomes any additional federal support in our efforts to combat violent crime."

No additional funds or grants are expected to be funneled to communities to bolster their own law enforcement efforts, Justice officials said. Gonzales again called for new laws to strengthen penalties against criminals, including imposing mandatory minimum sentences on federal convicts.

The report, released Friday by Justice Department Inspector General Glenn A. Fine, warned of problems with federal crime-fighting task forces. It concluded the teams duplicate efforts and compete for help from local authorities while failing to communicate among themselves.

The poor communication, in particular, resulted in three so-called "blue-on-blue" cases where federal agents mistook each other for criminals.
[/align][align=center]
[b][font=verdana][size=5]Do you fee

Quick Reply: Do you carry a Gun in your Monte Carlo ?