Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Do you believe? If so, what?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 06:39 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Like MAW I was rasied strict Baptist my dad was a deacon of the church as a teen I shure caused him embarrising moments (Showing up to sunday school whith a hangover for one)

I tried Pentocostal and other forms of the type. I belive in the bible but at this point in time do not attend any church. I belive in GOD and Jesus but again do not attend church at this time.
I do belive that it is possable that we are not the only life forms in the universe but can not prove it for sure. I do belive in spirts (ghosts if you will) as I feel my dad near at times of my life. Wierd I feel this most when working or driveing the Monte (He loved Montes so much)

Now you all think I am wierd.

Old 09-14-2011, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Tadcaster

Now you all think I am wierd.
No `Tad, I think you are a human being
I believe in myself & alien beings & admit that I am different then the majority 4-Sure....We could form a MCF sub forum for Wierd member's I really don't think we need one, because to me everyone is special & different 4-Real...

Attached Thumbnails Do you believe? If so, what?-teambus.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 09-14-2011 at 06:50 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:47 AM

Great idea, good way to see the diversity out there.

I was born and raised Lutheran, still am in fact. I know a lot of people are able to sway with their beliefs, but for some reason I've never been able to doubt, and if I had, I was able to find an answer somehow. I was definitely brought up strong in my beliefs, but I'm a little bit more reserved than others when it comes to sharing.

Thanks for posting, everyone...

Old 09-14-2011, 07:58 AM

I was raised and baptized in the Lutheran church, I began to question everything in high school and I am now lost. I have visited numerous other churches. I like the moral values that religion teaches, but I can not believe in absolutes and a bible written by man. There are things that do not fit for me. I am not sure what I believe any more. My cousin is atheist and when he told me that it didn't feel right so I guess I believe in something. I believe like others that the universe is to vast and other life is out there.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:43 AM

Religion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

<BUTTON class=vspib type=submit></BUTTON>
<CITE>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion</CITE> - CachedSimilar

Jump to Types of religion‎: Some scholars classify religions as either universal religions that seek worldwide acceptance and actively look for new ...
-------------------------------------
What do I believe ?
?
Hi Member's,
I was raised by my grandfather & his senior citizen friends & they have all shared their religious beliefs with me.
During my youth I've was taken to every religion within 40/60 miles of our beach village...I was taught or advised to select what I believed to be the best for me...I am always thirsty to learn & listened to the elders that have gone before me in life...

Presently, I believe in a Master Creator of `all...It would take me many lifetimes to study all the creations in life & how they have evolved since the begining of time....Sometimes, many times I call my Master Creator of `all the "Big Joker", because I just don't understand everything there is to understand about our human life & journey on this planet called `Earth ?

I often look out into the night sky & ask ? "Where does it all end", ~> I have not found the answer...

I do not go to a building/church or structure to pray, but I found that I believe as my grandfather believes & how he lives his life....It's pretty simple, but it works for me. I just know that I am
constantly amazed by all the creations on this planet 4-Sure.

Mybody is my church, and my mind is where I pray..
.My creed is to not purposely hurt myself or others in my life & to use all my resources/abilities to help & protect those that are being hurt....I will defend `if I am or the ones I love are attacked or
threaten by the BAD..

My grandfathers & Senior Teachings & our Commandments/Rules in Life:
1. Don't purposely hurt yourself or others.
2, Do everything you can to help others in need (Always)...
3. Give Up to get in life
4. Give Up to Give in life
5. Give up to keep life.

"Dream it ~> Plan it ~> Act `it & never give up on your Dreams"...4-Sure

I believe that a person is as good or bad as the actions of their words....I prefer to speak true & act my words.
I believe we have a choice between good & `BAD..
I prefer to choose GOOD

I do believe that there's a good chance of a after-life (Maybe that's why I follow my creed : ) I want to be prepared for my judgement day ~>just in case ) I have no idea if there is one, but if there is, I hope it's better then this one... I dream of it being a peaceful/happy place for our spirits to survive in happiness for eternity with family, friends & others that are good...Like a go cart track you can race anytime, or the perfect wave, no pains, etc'

One of the bum's asked, how can this Creator of all keep track of everything we've done in life ?
My grandfather answered: "If human can put all your information on the tip of the size of a pin, then he's
sure that the MASTER of all ~> has more talents & abilities of the human's he created...If there is a Master Creator of all , he must really be pizzed at the way so many humans are living on Planet `Earth 4-Sure...

Peace/Happiness to the reader(s) of above....That's what I believe, that's how I live until I fade out 4-Sure..
I'm not trying to convert anyone, but above is what
works for me in my human/alien `life
`amen

Last edited by Space; 09-18-2011 at 10:13 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:50 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

Beautiful Space ....

Old 09-14-2011, 09:00 AM

Thanks `Tad, I was happy to read your reply 4-Sure...
I'm super tired this morning sitting in my office waiting for work confirmations on orders.... & above is what fell outa my SuperTired ~>SpaceBrain : )* I think it's empty now : )

I hope my post made sense to the reader ...I look 4ward to reading what other Monte Family member's post & share.
Great thread `Mat (MAW) 4-Sure...
Peace/Out from `Space'
p.s. Presently, I believe I'm super Hungry : )

Last edited by Space; 09-14-2011 at 09:03 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:21 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

Space goes and makes a deep post and makes the rest of us look bad!!!!!!

The post made perfect sense really. Seems a lot of people now are more spiritual and non-church attending than anything.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
Space goes and makes a deep post and makes the rest of us look bad!!!!!!

The post made perfect sense really. Seems a lot of people now are more spiritual and non-church attending than anything.

Hi `Duane, I just finished my laundry & checking in b-4 I crash out & get some Z's...
Sorry, my intent was not to make anyone look or feel back by my in depth post on my belief's. I just had the time this morning as I was waiting & my thoughts just turned in2 words on the screen... I could post so much more on this topic, but then everyone would be Z'ing

I'm just happy that it made sense to you & hopefully everyone else that reads it...I do think a lot about life & why people do the things they do...I've learned that we are all different in our own ways, and it always amazes me that everyone is different 4-Sure...Even identical twins are different in their thoughts/actions... The "Big Joker" sure is full of surprises.
I'm also amazed how he/she (?) keeps it all in balance WoW, just think `if he decided to cancel gravity ? WoW,
we all would just be floating around in `Space ~> LOL

Time 4 me 2 take a Time Out & get a ReCharge..
Peace/Happiness to You & Member's 4-Real...the `kid from his own `space : )
p.s., I hope more member's post on this thread, so when I wake `up I can read them : )

Old 09-14-2011, 11:26 AM

I'm a Catholic convert and am also lost. For the past two years I've questioned my faith as I watch my daughter suffer with cancer. She's only 40 years old and has two very young children. I can't understand why the loving God I've believed in all these years would let this happen. Anyone with encouraging words, please send them my way.

Quick Reply: Do you believe? If so, what?