Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Didn't plan to but sold my Monte

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 07:36 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
So are they're selling your wheels and stereo on ebay now?

Very cool choice. I like the new Chargers. The current V6 engines out there kick ***. The power isn't watered down by the factory as much. It's like they finally figured out we want more power for the money. 292 horsepower is nothing to scoff at for a V6.
They will probably stick the wheels and stereo on one of their used cars. The salesman show me 3 aftermarket head units he had under his desk.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:44 AM

Hello `Joe,
I like your new Charger, but personally I'd rather have your Monte & Corvette...(The best of both World 2 `me)...I wish you the best of luck with your new purchase & will be looking forward to your Road Test reviews...

Again the most important thing is that you are happy with your new ride & deal....It's will be interesting to see what your Monte & Vette sell for on E-Bay...

Are you planning any Mod's for your new ride ?
EnJoy 4-Sure

Old 12-10-2012, 08:01 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You traded your Monte and Vette for the Charger?

As long as you're happy that's all that really matters. Congrats - I hope the Charger ends up being a reliable vehicle that you enjoy.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:02 AM
1 Year Member

Hey Space,

It is nice to be back to 2 cars instead of 3. I won't be driving the Charger too much until I turn my lease in next December. I will be looking into some mods. First would be handling related (I.E. strut braces and such). I am still learning about these cars.

I would have had a hard time using my Monte as a daily driver in the snow and all since it was such a pristine car but maybe that is what it will be anyway. The Vette was awesome to drive too. Once I get rid of my lease and am back to 1 car who knows....

I don't think they will get 20k for the Monte but maybe over what they gave me. I also think they will have a hard time getting over 15k for the Vette since I have been watching the prices on ebay for sometime now.

I will still be hanging on the forum because of my Son's Monte (my old one). I will take pictures of it when he gets here from college in January and use them as my sig. I know eventually I will be working on it since he is not very mechanically inclined.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:10 AM

Thanks `Joe for your reply & I believe that everyone has to do what is right for them...I know that multiple vehicles can be expensive to license, insure & maintain 4-Sure...

I'm happy that you are planning to continue on the MCF with or without a Monte I 4-got what you had as a lease car ? Are you limited to miles that you can drive it ?

Look 4ward to seeing your sons Monte (your old one)..

Also, when you can ? Post more pic's of your new ride...
EnJoy your miles on your `journey of life
Peace/Out

Old 12-10-2012, 08:17 AM
1 Year Member

Space,

Here is my son's. I bought him a painted spoiler for it that I will put on when he comes in January. My lease car is a 2012 Mecedes 300c 4-Matic (AWD). I have 15000 miles a year to drive it.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:56 AM

Thanks for your reply & pic...That's a great looking Monte Carlo with a rare color...Did you get a Nascar type spoiler or a surf board spoiler ? Your son is a lucky kid 4-Sure

Do you like the Mercedes ? I like'em & they are popular here in Florida or my area...Can you purchase it at the end of your lease ? Are you going to ? I bet it's great in the snow with AWD ? You sure like a variety of vehicles...Also, I really like the pictures of the area you live...It's beautiful there 4-Sure

Is it like above ?

Old 12-11-2012, 04:32 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
You traded your Monte and Vette for the Charger?

As long as you're happy that's all that really matters. Congrats - I hope the Charger ends up being a reliable vehicle that you enjoy.
Yeah, I don't know if I would've traded the Corvette for the Charger. But as long as you're happy with the deal.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:04 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space

Thanks for your reply & pic...That's a great looking Monte Carlo with a rare color...Did you get a Nascar type spoiler or a surf board spoiler ? Your son is a lucky kid 4-Sure

Do you like the Mercedes ? I like'em & they are popular here in Florida or my area...Can you purchase it at the end of your lease ? Are you going to ? I bet it's great in the snow with AWD ? You sure like a variety of vehicles...Also, I really like the pictures of the area you live...It's beautiful there 4-Sure

Is it like above ?
No Space mine is the sport model. It does not have the hood emblem and has a different grill. Other than that yes. I don't think I will buy it at the end of the lease. I drive it hard and put it away wet!

I got my son the Nascar type spoiler.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:06 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
Yeah, I don't know if I would've traded the Corvette for the Charger. But as long as you're happy with the deal.
I loved driving the Vette. I also learned a lot about them the short time I had it. I would probably get a 90 or later next time or one without the 4+3 trans. They can be problematic.

Quick Reply: Didn't plan to but sold my Monte