Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Deuce goes into Paint Shop Monday

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 07:08 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Deuce goes into Paint Shop Monday

The Deuce is now Mechanically sound again; new studs and Lugs all the way around. Hood is un damaged (Fender had snugged up to it)

I spoke to Shaheen's paint shop Manager. He has not seen the car yet. He said the air brushing will not be cheap (not my problem).

My hope is that the flaming on the driver's side that Gary Glenn did can be saved. I realize that they will have to blend paint from the fender back into the door, but I am hoping they can mask off the flame some how and preserve Gary's work. The air brushed flame itself is not damaged at all. I just now need a total estimate from Shaheen to submit it to auto Zone.

Hagerty estimated $3,000 without the stud replacement or air brush work.

Also looks like the Deuce will get new ground effects Hagerty allowed $900 for that.

Never truly realized how hard it would be to put a modified car back to it's original condition

So far it looks like Auto Zone will step up to the plate and I can cancel my claim with Hagerty. Nothing in writing yet though

Old 03-28-2014, 08:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Tadd , Glad it's working out ok..
It would suck to have that happen to one of my cars..

Old 03-29-2014, 12:17 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I keep checking in on your updates Tadd and so far, each one makes me happy to read that the "feel" of this is that it's going smoothly. I hope once it's said and done that this becomes a fast memory in the rear view of life!!

Old 03-29-2014, 01:27 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

This is good news tadd. It seems interesting to me that custom car insurance wouldnt pay for your custom car. My insurance paid for reforming two of my rockers and the painting of my custom pin stripes. Though mine arnt quiet what yours are.

Old 03-29-2014, 06:38 AM
5 Year Member

Oh Hagerty would pay for the pinstripe and flames they just didn't think Shaheen did that type of paint

They wanted me to get a quote from Gary. Had to explain he passed last year

Old 03-29-2014, 08:31 AM

Cool that Autozone is stepping up to the plate, and I sure hope you can retain all the custom paint work. I'm sure it has added sentimental value to you...

Old 03-29-2014, 08:43 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

This has to rank as one of the fastest semi- big repairs that I have seen done. Wow, lets hope it proceeds smoothly and turns out cherry for you. I wonder if it was the showroom quality of your car that made them nervous and they wanted to get this resolved as soon as possible. Others may have had this issue drag on for weeks.

Way to go Tadd, I'm impressed!!

Old 03-29-2014, 09:10 AM
5 Year Member

Thanks all - will breathe more easily once she is in my Garage. The folks a Shaheen know me by first name. I have all my work done there with my 3 cars, and so does my son with his Monte. They like me, but know I am **** about my cars (LOL). I have always been polite with them and have never lost my kool with them no matter what. Always comes out good in the end to be nice.

Have to get the shop and paint boys some donuts or something when this is all done

After this shop experience she will go to Lansing Fleet Performance to get her headers put in

Last edited by Tadcaster; 03-29-2014 at 09:14 AM.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:17 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
Thanks all - will breathe more easily once she is in my Garage. The folks a Shaheens know me by first name. I have all my work done there and so does my son with his Monte. They like me but know I am **** about my cars (LOL)

Have to get the shop and paint boys some donuts or something when this is all done

After this shop experience she will go to Lansing Fleet Performance to get her headers put in
Aha, the old preferential treatment wins again!! Nice, that never hurts a thing, looks like being a loyal customer will have it's perks!

I did forget all about your headers, cool you have got to that phase now.

I took a 6 ft. Subway sandwich to a shop before that took care of me, kind of like buying insurance for any return visit's! LOL, now I just take them Crown Royal, Sailor Jerry rum and such

Old 03-29-2014, 09:20 AM
5 Year Member

Thought about the alcohol gift Zippy but that would be like teasing them as they couldn't drink it at work, and make other customers nervous

Quick Reply: Deuce goes into Paint Shop Monday