Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

- Depression -

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 12:12 PM

I used to always be down, back when I was still in high school I always got bullied. I learned then that you can't help what other people do or how people act. All you can do is do your thing and make sure no one like that gets you down. Once I got out of that "high school" mindset, where you always think you need to impress people and try to be like everyone else, I started to be a lot happier and started to make real friends. I also would go out and just play basketball. That today is still one thing that I can do and instantly forget about everything. And of course now that I have a gorgeous 2006 Monte Carlo SS, I can always just hop in it and go drive down to the beach and just stare across that big blue ocean. And then I also just think about people who have it way worse off then I do. And I think that really helps me put things into perspective. I always try and remember that no matter how bad my day is, there is always someone out there who is not going to eat that night, or have a roof over there head, or something like that. Since I have kind of gotten in this mindset, I really haven't been depressed. I have to say that life has been pretty good recently.

Old 07-25-2013, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi Member iMuf & thanks for sharing your experience...I was happy to read that things have changed for the better with time
Hopefully we learn as we travel this journey called `life. We just have to keep driving & learn from our past what roads not to take & what roads get us to where we really want 2 `be.....

Everything is better then a Dead `End 4-Sure...
I hope your post inspires others to share...Thank You!

p.s. I couldn't find your name in your profile ? Do you just prefer to be called iMuf ? or Hey `you ? (LOL)....

p.s.s. I wish all member would put at least their first name or nickname in their profile

Old 11-27-2013, 06:13 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Last edited by Space; 11-27-2013 at 06:15 AM.