Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Defending my car

Old 10-15-2015, 09:10 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Defending my car

Conversation with a guy with a B Body Impala SS
Him-Hey your car doesn’t deserve to have that SS badge
Me -Why?
Him -that slow as f### V6
Me -well what is in that car?
Him -LT1 260 hp 300 lb/ft of torque-its stock.
Me -well my car has the LS4 with 303 hp 325 lb/ft and weighs 600 lbs less that your car
Him -yeah but mine is RWD
Me -you win on that point but my car has more power, more torque, better handling, weighs less and better fuel economy. You win the battle, I win the war.
-He walked away-

If these cars raced, who would win in 1/8 mile?, ¼ mile?, oval track?, road course?

Last edited by singrseanr; 10-15-2015 at 09:30 AM.
Old 10-15-2015, 09:39 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member

Some are just stuck in the past, always thinking "Bigger is Better". what a D..., LOL.

Old 10-15-2015, 10:04 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool really

SS is part of the package that is built into the car at the factory. The original SS Super Sport was a 2 door Hardtop car I am thinking the 1961 Impala could have been the first Chevrolet SS. I have owned a 62,63,64 Impala's my favorite was the 63. Then I have owned 2 SS Chevelles 69 and a 72. The 69 would walk all over all of them, it was just super fast.
They were always the performance Car in the Chevrolet line up, be an Impala, Chevelle, Camaro, or Nova. In the modern era they made them 4 door vehicles, still beefed up but not a matchup all around for a 2door SS. In the all around tradition.
Recently I saw one of the New SS cars in a Dealership, it was a 4 door rear wheel drive, they supposedly are made in Australia at the Holden factory. Looked pretty cool, I think the Pontiac G8 is made there also.
Your Monte has the Heritage!!

Old 10-15-2015, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by singrseanr
Conversation with a guy with a B Body Impala SS
Him-Hey your car doesn’t deserve to have that SS badge
Me -Why?
Him -that slow as f### V6
Me -well what is in that car?
Him -LT1 260 hp 300 lb/ft of torque-its stock.
Me -well my car has the LS4 with 303 hp 325 lb/ft and weighs 600 lbs less that your car
Him -yeah but mine is RWD
Me -you win on that point but my car has more power, more torque, better handling, weighs less and better fuel economy. You win the battle, I win the war.
-He walked away-

If these cars raced, who would win in 1/8 mile?, ¼ mile?, oval track?, road course?

Hi `Sean, they both run great & I'm not sure which one would be the best or fastest. I think (sometimes I `do think >Not often : ) that FWD vehicle are not the best on oval or road courses, but again the driver & set up has a lot to do with it.

Next time you see him (?) Tell him you will meet him @ the Track & show him how great the Monte S.S. runs
'
New England Dragway

============================================
2006 Monte Carlo S.S. 0-60 in 5.5 sec 1/4 mile 14 seconds flat
I seen one @ Orlando Drags that was running consistent low 13's, but I don't know if he had mod's.

Chevrolet 0-60 Times & Chevrolet Quarter Mile Times | Chevy Corvette, Camaro, Chevelle, Blazer & Nova 0 to 60 stats!

Click above link 4 all Chevy 1/4 mile times + Many Monte's

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 10-15-2015 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-15-2015, 08:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

I have heard similar statements about my Monte and it's v6 with an SS badge. My typical answer is that GM felt it was good enough.
Not to mention, I think someone once published GM factory printed stats about the 1/4 mile times and supposed per GM, all things stock, my 3800 L36 is supposedly as good or better in the 1/4 mile then the previous gens.
I have NO idea if that is true or not, so I don't bring that up (but it's in the back of my mind).

A LOT has changed in the last 10-20-30 years with car technology. It used to be you never modded a drivetrain if it wasn't a v8, but those days are long gone, MOD ANYTHING! lol.

Search this Thread