Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Decision Time: Montes & MIS or Washington D.C. Field Trip?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 03:02 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Decision Time: Montes & MIS or Washington D.C. Field Trip?

hey... either way, i've made a good choice, right?

[sm=americanasmiley.gif]or [sm=gears.gif]

not a bad predicament to be in is it?

Old 12-10-2007, 03:28 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Now that you say Baltimore is included and the price is what you say it is, I'm changing my answer. Go to DC man. MIS can wait till next year.

Old 12-10-2007, 03:32 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i wonder fi they could start moving Montes @ MIS to different tracks every year... that would allow more people to come

Old 12-10-2007, 06:12 PM

Ack, D.C. Man, that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I went from Ft. Worth, TX to DC with my Monte this April to experience it. It would of been finebut man do the people there suck. I'm sorry but I've never seen such rude people before. They drive like maniacs, and honk at you if you stay 1 sec after it turns green even while crossing the sidewalk. I felt like ripping some of them ppl from there cars and beating them. Stayed2 days there but couldn't stay any longer. We had to leave and get back home to the friendly ppl of Texas.

Oh, and one question which I never understood about DC. Why do they have the same crappy souvenier stand at every block. They have a t-shirt stand and a hotdog/pretzel stand at every corner and owned by a Vietnamez. There was no other option. I saw about 50 of each stands and they haveEXACT SAME THINGS!!!!!! Whats the point. I had to leave the DC area and get lostjust to get a humburger or something else. Shouldn't capitalism reign in D.C. and gave me a choice. Man, I should of just went to San Antonio again.

Sorry for the rant. Just bad memories come up when someone mentions D.C.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:25 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

MIS is actually more then one day. Friday evening is a get together dinner that most attend. We did and met a lot of nice Monte owners for the first time. This was after hanging out in the parking lot of the host hotel watching the new arrivals, talking cars, meeting Mike (very nice guy) and cleaning the car.

On saturday morning we all carivan to the track. Very cool having 60 or so Montes follwoing each other to MIS. You should have seen the people stare as we drove past.

After the fun at the track we headed back to the hotel, rested & cleaned up for dinner. Hours later I found out from Mike there "IS" a dinner get together after the track fun but no one told us so we didn't go.