Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Daily commute to work?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 09:35 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

well, according to google maps the route the bus takes from my high school to vo-tech is 26.2 miles, and should take " about 43 minutes..." HA! i guess they think that we have a flying bus???

then i have to add in that according to google maps the route from the bus stop to highschool is 5.5 miles, but i would have to run the monte down a woods trail for some reason?? i guess a shortcut? i think it would bottem out.... only thing i ever took back there was my old sazuki samuri, it barly fit...

ok, found a more accurate route... 6.6 miles from the entrance to my development.... i live 2.5 miles into the development.... so thats 9.1 miles to highschool... so that comes to 35.3 miles one way! and thats just for SCHOOL!!!

funny thing is, i run the longer back roads to tech, & get there quicker than the times google posted for the shorter routes

oh, my dad commutes 45.8 miles one way, down to the stanhope aera of NJ...

Old 08-20-2009, 10:25 AM
rj
15 Year Member

I get up at 3:10am (mondays it's 2) head to the bathroom for relief, comb hair (what's left of it), head back to bedroom, get dressed, the eat breakfast. I'm one of those who has to eat breakfast. Can't go without it.
Finish bowl of cereal, back to bathroom to brush teeth, wash face, and anything else that needs completed.
Grab nessessary stuff, out the door, open gates to pull car out. Usually this is the time Smeekers wants in the house, so I have to grab him, unlock the door, put him inside.

I live 9 miles from work and have 3 stops. 85% of my drive is rural so not much traffic. Unless there's a train on the tracks I can be at work in 20 minutes. (I do not drive fast out in the country at night. too many critters near or on the road at night)

When I get in to the city, the cops love to set in the car lot near my work. So I make it a point to do exactly the speed limit or less. You have a way of standing out at 3:30am for some reason?

Old 08-20-2009, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Budsjlm
03 u should get urself a laptop u wouldn't even have to get outa bed

the company i work for supplied me with a tablet PC, but i don't care for it to much i prefer my desktop.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by moonlitmagik
03, you are officially an *** and I hate you. If I could do that for work and make as much as I am making right now, I WANT that frickin job!

aww, don't hate me

Old 08-20-2009, 11:07 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by rj
I get up at 3:10am (mondays it's 2)
And I thought waking up at 4:45am to go to the gym was bad

Old 08-20-2009, 11:13 AM

55 miles to work. Takes about an hour twenty each way depending on traffic. Worst day was 2 hours 25 minutes. If theres an accident or on holiday weekends it can get horrible. Taking a toll road also costs me 2.50 a day to get there and back. Before the MC, drove a Jeep that got 9mpg on a good day, thank god its more like 25mpg, was spending 125 on gas a week in the jeep, now its down to 80

Old 08-20-2009, 09:31 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I used to have it really easy - only 6 miles away with few stop lights. It would take me 15-20 minutes. Now that I am much further away It's taking me an hour to drive 19 miles. And that is in very very bad rush hour traffic. Oh and if there is one drop of precipitation it will be almost double that. At least my Dad is only 8 miles away so if it gets bad I can always drop in! I am still experimenting on the best route to go. I just saw my gas mileage drop from 21mpg to 17mpg

Old 08-20-2009, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by 03Monte
aww, don't hate me

I don't. But I want that job. I'm inherently lazy.

Old 08-21-2009, 12:28 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

From my house to work is 31 miles, if I go into work at 9:30 (like i've been doing lately...LOL...no one to stop me, so why not. ) The traffic is not bad, and I can make it in half an hour (its all highway except the 2 miles to get to the highway, and the 2 miles once I get off the highway). Coming home takes me 45min to an hour because of traffic.

When school starts on Monday, i am taking over the opening shift which means I will have to get up at 4, 4:15 at the latest so I can be at work at 5:30am! No traffic at that hour though!

When i've been late for opening in the past, and there was no traffic, i've made it to work in 19min before...yes, I hit the speed limiter, and kept it right on 107 all the way there...LOL!

Now, that is just my commute, due to the type of job I have, I also spend TONS of time, and many miles on the road during work for client visits, sales, meetings, etc...

So I usually clock about 600 (low week) to 800 (highweek) miles per week on the Monte. This is why I have owned my car 26 mounths, and have 79,109 (yea, I remember that, sad I know) on my car already...

Old 08-21-2009, 12:33 AM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i think there is a hybrid monte in your future, or maybe a harley? or that car that was posted earlier on here an? ecotec? 230 mile per gallon? not sure?? later michael

Quick Reply: Daily commute to work?