Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Daily commute to work?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 11:17 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Daily commute to work?

Ok, maybe this has already been a post from before, not sure?

members: what is your daily commute consist of, coffee, gas fill-up, toll roads? on your daily commute to work, how long does it take for you? Update, sorry but i forgot to put how long it takes me to get to work, approximately 25-35 minutes daily for me!!!

the company i work for is into the third attempt at moving! we were supposed to move in February of this year, then the economy tanked and we didn't move! but now it is on again? which means i will have to use the pennsylvania turnpike (.90) per trip x 2, no big deal, hopefully the turnpike will be cleared of snow in the winter months better than the usual side roads i used before!

i was just wondering how far members of the MCF travel to get to their place of employment??

i know mike, aka blacksheep has to catch a train somewhere in the philly, pa area and i think amy (awsomess) is somewhat close to her new emplyer (congrats) and by the way, happy birthday today amy!! i think JJ is pretty close to his employer in hotlawton, oklahoma! and in buzzkill, pa, ryan has to travel to tech school!

but i was just wondering, how far do you commute daily to work including coffee, bagels etc.

Last edited by monte carlo 3831; 08-20-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:40 PM

12 min commute, 2 lefts, security gate, right, left, right, park, second security gate, 2 min walk, third security door with badge and door check.

Takes 38 min from alarm to report for duty.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:54 PM

I have a paltry 5 mile drive. It takes me 12 mins to get to work. I know I should think about moving closer. lol

Old 08-20-2009, 12:01 AM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

as we say here in pittsburgh, todd your a jagoff, later buddy, goodluck with the kids this year, i commend you for your patience! take good care of the children of tomorrow, for us old folks!!!!

Old 08-20-2009, 12:15 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

12 stoplight 17miles usally about15 min (thank you 70mph limit) 5city roads 2highways 1freeway(not in order)if i got cash a quick run up to quick trip for breaky pizza n monster..o n 1cig on the way

Last edited by Budsjlm; 08-20-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:39 AM

Well, mine is a bit short.

i wake up between 8-10am, put on my shorts, walk over to my PC, start my virtual machine, and start working providing i have a support e-mail, or a voice mail. (most of the time i just launch my game and play until i hear the e-mail ding)

some days, i stop at the bathroom first, but only when im not running late...lol

Total time to get to work: 1 minute or less. (5 if i stop at the bathroom)

and no, im not joking...

Old 08-20-2009, 01:14 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

03 u should get urself a laptop u wouldn't even have to get outa bed

Old 08-20-2009, 07:11 AM

03, you are officially an *** and I hate you. If I could do that for work and make as much as I am making right now, I WANT that frickin job!

I have a 20 minute (more if I get stuck behind a train) commute to work. I live in Munhall, work in McKeesport. (Wow, for those of us pittsburghers on here, I just gave out a whole lot of info so that you may now begin to stalk me!) I make a left turn off my street, down a road that only has a 35 mph speed limit (I usually do 50) to a portion where they put GRAVEL AND OIL (like that's going to stop the POTHOLES) so that i can get rockchips in my hood and dirt in my paint job to add to the swirls and scuffs. I sit at a light there depending on if there are people turning right, and I go straight on to another section of road with more gravel and oil, only uphill. Then I come to the crest, down the hill and onto a street that's been well abused by trucks as it's covered with ruts and warps and bumps and the monte bounces like a bitch all the way down....

Stop at McD's on the left for an angus burger or wendy's after I make my right for a frosty if I have enough time (I usually don't I always run late because I'm lazy and like to sleep in) go down another crappily paved road to the intersection where I was slammed into in my 98 monte and pray to god it doesn't happen again, sit through five lights, go across a bridge riddled with potholes and there's a HUGE ONE at the end of the onramp big enough to swallow my car I hit it EVERY TIME and almost get thrown into the jersey barrier. Sit through five more lights, go across a set of railroad tracks and either A get stopped by a train that takes a half hour to pass and be late for work, or B hit the tracks at 10 mph knocking a bunch of crap in my front end loose.

This my friends is why I need new rims, new tires and new tie rod ends. Because everywhere you go in pittsburgh, THERE'S A FREAKIN POTHOLE or something that makes the road uneven that shouldn't be there.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:23 AM

Got about a 40 minute trek on a 38 mile ride, very little traffic at 3AM. With a 24oz Mt Dew in the cup holder to jolt myself awake. Can't do the coffee thing.:p

Old 08-20-2009, 07:48 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I leave my house at 7:20 AM.

Drive 15 minutes to the train, get on the 7:43a train. Head towards Center City Phila. Get off the train at about 8:23a and then walk 4 blocks to work. Sit down at about 8:30a (unless I stop for coffee/bagel)

Total commute time = 70 minutes

(this is why I have my PSP and DS)

Quick Reply: Daily commute to work?