Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Custom 2010 Camaro Concepts + More : )

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Custom 2010 Camaro Concepts + More : )

Custom 2010 Camaro Concepts
Click image to enlarge[/align][/align][/align]ByMike Meredith[/align]A look ahead at customization and performance upgrades for the all-new 2010 Camaro.[/align]

Click image to enlarge[/align][/align]Chevrolet Camaro Dale Jr. EditionPhoto:Rod Hatfield[/align][/align]
Click image to enlarge[/align][/align]Chevrolet Camaro Black ConceptPhoto:Rod Hatfield[/align]
Click image to enlarge[/align][/align]Chevrolet Camaro LS7 ConceptPhoto:Perry Stern[/align]
Click image to enlarge[/align][/align]Chevrolet Racing Camaro GSPhoto:Rod Hatfield[/align]
Click image to enlarge[/align][/align]2010 Chevrolet Camaro SSPhoto:Rod Hatfield[/align]

Related Multimedia

Photo Gallery: Chevrolet Camaro
[*][align=center]Video: Custom 2010 Camaro Concepts [/align][*][align=center]Video: Custom Camaros: LS7 Start to Finish [/align][*][align=center]Video: Custom Camaros: Dale Jr. Start to Finish
360: Chevrolet Camaro[/align][ul][/ul][align=center][/align][/align][/align]
The official car of the 2008 SEMA show, the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro took command of the Las Vegas convention floor with four distinct concepts cars. These were designed to explore some of the possibilities for personalization and performance upgrades when the all-new Camaro goes on sale in early 2009.

Already a Camaro fan, NASCAR star Dale Earnhardt Jr. worked with GM designers to contribute his vision for a custom version paying tribute to the original. With racing as the common theme, Chevrolet also produced a drag car based around the LS7 crate engine and a race-ready Camaro GS Racecar Concept aimed at the Grand-Am Koni Challenge Series.

The Camaro Black Concept takes the Camaro design in an even bolder direction. Alongside the four concepts, Chevrolet also showed two production 2010 Camaros featuring genuine GM accessories.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. Camaro Concept

Jr.’s Camaro Concept paint scheme is inspired by classic Camaros, with two-tone gray over white with an orange stripe separating the two colors. Thoroughly modern 21-inch 5-spoke wheels finish the look, with the center section of the spokes painted dark gray to complement the paint. Powered by the 6.2-liter V8 engine but modified to run on E85, the engine delivers a little more power than stock due to the higher-octane fuel and GM Performance Parts headers. The 6-speed manual transmission includes a short-throw Hurst shifter.

Inside the Dale Jr. concept are Inferno Orange, white and gray accents reflecting the exterior color scheme. Premium upgrades include suede headliner; leather and suede-trimmed seats with orange accent stitching; leather-wrapped steering wheel, shift ****, door armrests and center console; and Dale Jr.’s signature embroidered on the head restraints and etched in the stainless steel on the dash.

Camaro LS7 Concept

Finished in Victory Red paint with matte black accents, the Camaro LS7 Concept is built around the LS7 crate engine as a tribute to the legendary COPO Camaros that drag raced in the late 1960s. Producing approximately 550 horsepower, the LS7 crate engine is available from GM Performance Parts. In the LS7 Concept, it is mated with a Tremec 6060 6-speed manual transmission with a GM Performance Parts Hurst shifter. Other upgrades include a Brembo 4-wheel disc brake package, lowered ride height, custom 20-inch wheels, driveshaft safety loop and GM Performance Parts exhaust system.

Camaro Black Concept

A stealth design, the Camaro Black Concept features a matte black finish for the hood and ground effects, Chevy Accessories 21-inch wheels with darkened finish, HID headlights with unique red “halo ring” color rings, dark grille finish, RS taillights with dark-tinted lenses, SS rear spoiler and Brembo brakes.

The theme continues inside with red LED instrument lighting, red foot-well ambient lighting, black chrome trim, dark-finished accents, custom sill plates and leather-trimmed seats with gray stitching.

Camaro GS Racecar Concept

Finished in blue and yellow as a tribute to the legendary Penske Racing Trans Am Camaros of the 1960s driven by Mark Donohue, the Camaro GS Racecar Concept is a prototype for the Grand Am Koni Challenge GS class. Racers will be able to buy a similar car from Riley Technologies to compete in the 2009 Koni Challenge Series.

The race-ready GS Concept features a seam-welded production Camaro body in white; carbon-fiber hood, trunk lid, doors and fenders; racing suspension; production LS3 V8 engine; Tremec 6060 6-speed manual transmission with close-ratio gearing; and 3-inch exhaust with Coast Fab mufflers.

Production Camaro

Pricing for the 2010 Camaro was recently announced, with the LS starting at $22,995 MSRP (including destination charge) and the Camaro SS at $30,995 (including destination charge). To deliver the performance expected, the LS is powered by a 3.6-liter V6, estimated at 300 horsepower and a standard 6-speed manual or optional 6-speed automatic with estimated highway fuel economy of 27 mpg.

The Camaro SS is powered by a 6.2-liter LS3 V8 rated at an estimated 422 horsepower. With the 6-speed automatic transmission, the Camaro SS is powered by a 6.2-liter L99 V8, based on the LS3 but adding Active Fuel Management. This engine is rated at an estimated 400 horsepower while delivering an estimated 23 mpg on the highway.

[:-]

[hr]

This Week on MSN Autos

Camaro: Official Car of SEMA[/b]

A look ahead at customization and performance upgrades for the all-new 2010 Chevrolet Camaro. Read Article

Electric Vehicles: Fantasy or Reality?

Industry Insider Lawrence Ulrich explains that electric vehicles are still far from reality. Read Article

Top Ten Bond Cars

Fast cars, gadgets and high-speed chases have been key elements in James Bond films. Read Article

Ultimate Rides

Ten high-performance machines that shaped today's automotive landscape. Read Article[/align] [/align]

Old 11-20-2008, 07:25 PM
Default RE: Custom 2010 Camaro Concepts + More : )

them are sweet...... i thought you were on leave of absence???????

Old 11-21-2008, 06:04 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: inssanity21

them are sweet...... i thought you were on leave of absence???????
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]LOL `Adam -Member Inssanity21-,[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Yes `Adam, I am on leave of absence, but it isstill unofficial, & has not been approved by our MCF Moderator`s or Owners [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I have put your name in to be the next top poster on the MCF : )[/align][align=center]Your assignment `if you choose to accept is to make atleast[/align][align=center]ten contributing posts to the MCF everyday : ) WoW[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The MCF can be addicting, especially `if you like cars, & love[/align][align=center]the Chevrolet Monte Carlo.[/align][align=center]You will always meet great people/members from all around[/align][align=center]planet `Earth...[/align][align=center]The MCF has been my escape link from my studies, and I have[/align][align=center]learned a lot about people, and the Monte Carlo.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]We wish you good luck on your new assignment : )[/align][align=center]EnJoy your MOTM Victory, and your `Journey in Life.[/align][align=center]Peace/Out/`Space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 12-10-2008, 09:29 PM

a very sinister looking camaro. pretty sure it is the black concept:

BTW: i forgot to press notify me button so i never came back on this but i can sure try to do 10 post a day and yeah it is addicting

Old 12-11-2008, 03:50 AM

2010 Camaro Pricing Announced
Production is scheduled to begin in mid-February 09.

By Mike Monticello

January 2009

Next Ampersand:
UP NEXT

2010 Ford Mustang
GO >>

Slideshow: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro >>

Slideshow >>[/align]Chevrolet has revealed the base price for the V-6-powered Camaro LS will be $22,995 when it goes on sale early in 2009. The company also announced the V-8-powered SS model (estimated at 422 bhp) will carry a sticker of $30,995. Production is scheduled to begin in mid-February at GM's Oshawa, Ontario, Canada, plant, although GM says customer ordering began on October 13. The base Camaro's price is slightly higher than that of its competition: The 2009 Dodge Challenger starts at $21,995; the 2009 Ford Mustang starts at $19,735. But the Camaro's 3.6-liter V-6 has 300 bhp, compared to 250 for the Dodge and 210 for the Ford. Chevy also says the V-6 Camaro returns highway mileage of 27 mpg.

Related Links:
[ul][*]Slideshow: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro [/ul]
(`Space countdown 26 days b-4 I leave USA )

Old 12-11-2008, 05:51 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I remember you posting a Dale Jr concept Camaro not too long ago that had a slightly different color combo. I like the other one better. Not crazy about the Charcoal on White combo.

The black concept has a Knight Rider-ish look to it. Like the red around the headlights.

Old 12-11-2008, 07:27 PM

hey taz,
What kinda of animal is that. kinda looks fun to play with

Old 12-12-2008, 06:42 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Is that a BABY Taz?

Old 12-12-2008, 08:19 PM

thats what i was thinkin..... i love the cartoon taz. it was my favorite as a child in fact now i think that im going to see how many people love taz and if it has something to do with there cars

Old 12-14-2008, 09:19 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've started using my Christmas sig for now, but the sig you see pictured above will return.

The animal in the pic is in fact a real, full grownTasmanian devil. It's mouth is huge, despite how it may appear in this picture.

Here's a pic of the guy in a more commonly known pose.

An interesting fact that I read about the cartoon Taz: Taz appeared in only 6 of the original Warner Brothers cartoons.

Quick Reply: Custom 2010 Camaro Concepts + More : )