Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Credit Card Question.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 07:15 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Credit Card Question.

There has never been any issue with my credit. I pay my payments before they're due and I pay more then required.

FIRST question I get when I say go to the bank to ask about investments, "You're how old and never owned any property?"
Then they look at my like I've got AIDS.

No I've never owned any property. Big deal. But hey I've got my very own fleet of Classic cars. That has to be worth something in the real world? I know. ONLY if I plan on using them as collateral.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Wow, one of the best threads I've ever started.

I have had BOFA all my live and I am so tired of dealing with their online personal.

All they can say is "Sorry, there is nothing we can do."

I had one late payment when I was paying on the 21st every month and it swang to the 17th. It is not supposed to swing more than 3 days.

I opened my mail the on the 18th which was a Saturday and didn't pay it until the 20th.

I defaulted on all my promotional 0% rates. They bumped them all up to 15%.

I've made perfect payments for 30 years and have a 790 credit rating and one miscue and they gave me the royal boot.

They said credit ratings don't mean anything to them.

I have a credit card from the Christian Credit Union here in SoCal.

I made a late payment by accident and it never showed up on my record.

I still maintain my 9.99 promotional rate there.

I do have an American Express and I love it but not everyone takes it.

Not everyong takes Discover either.

Because I travel, NFL events only take Visa.

MLB events only take MasterCard & NBA events only take Amex.

I am seriously looking at Chase right now.

Thanks everyone.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:58 PM

I just find it funny i am not even old enough to have a credit card yet.

and i think thats a good thng right now though.

Old 11-18-2007, 11:18 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: 2000_BLACK_SS

At the utmost minimum, no matter what age you are....

....a credit card is an absolute must if you ever plan on traveling or leaving your home town.

Old 11-19-2007, 12:15 AM

i dunno what chase's promo rates are like but i buy almost everything witha chase BP card. 5% back on everything at BP including gas. 1 or 2% back on almost everything else, except purchaces at non BP gas stations and fast food. if you dont have a number of conviently located BP stations where you drive i spose its not worth it, but if thier around, it's like buyin gas for $2.85/gal when everywhere else is $3/gal

Old 11-19-2007, 07:03 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: 2000_BLACK_SS

In addition to what GPD said, getting a credit card when you're old enough, and using it responsibly is necessary to establish good credit ratings. This helps when trying to buy a home of your own, or getting a loan for the top secret 2015 Monte Carlo with the 8.0litre 7000 HP engine.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:30 AM

I have several cards but the best one right now is the GM card.It was 0% for the first year,now it is 8.9 % and you earn points towards a GM vehicle purchase in the future.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:25 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

ORIGINAL: Laserblue06ss

I have several cards but the best one right now is the GM card.It was 0% for the first year,now it is 8.9 % and you earn points towards a GM vehicle purchase in the future.
Caution on that GM Card... If you use a GM Employee discount or Family and Friends discount, you CANNOT use your GM points towards a down payment on a car.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:31 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I just find it funny i am not even old enough to have a credit card yet

I got an envelope in the mail one day addressed to my cat Chelsea.

Inside was a pre-approved VISA with her name on it.

I did call the bank that issued the card and tried to explain to them, "Chelsea is my female cat."

They wouldn't take the card back so I cut it up.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:56 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

hey what ever you do, whatever decision you make, don't decide on Fleet Credit Card. my parents got caught up with them for awhile. my parents mailed the paymnet late becasue ti fell behind my dads desk (whoops). hte first day it was late, htey called our house3 times. they called our house 4-5 times a day after that asking where it was. This went on for a week and a day. the next month my dad had some extra money and payed off the whoel credit card, cost them the whole interest and everything and wrote a very nasty letter to them. Me and dad came up with some goofy ways to respond because their people are rude. apparently fleet isn't doing too well.... the company is worth a few billion dollars probably, but if they don't get our $200, they just don't know what they may have to do. os me and my dad gave them some ideas... we told them we threw all the bills in a hat, the ones that got picke,d they got payed. we told them if they kept screwing around they wouldn't even go in the hat anymore. another time, probably the funniest one, was when I said "I got some good news and some bad news for you. The good news is the check will not bounce. The bad news is becasue I haven't written it yet." O, they flipped, and I hung up. So anyways, moral of hte story, avoid Fleet Credit Card, the company is just too desperate.

Quick Reply: Credit Card Question.