Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Craig Ferguson speaks from the heart (I think this is a must see)

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 05:20 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Craig Ferguson speaks from the heart (I think this is a must see)

Okay, in case some of you (and I'm sure theres quite a few) who don't know Craig Ferguson. He comes on after David Letterman on CBS. This show aired back in February when Brittany Spears had the whole going into rehab and shaving her head thing. I think this can apply to all of us in some way or another... you know, who are we hurting when we tease others and talk about other peoples things? I think we should really check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bbaRyDLMvA

Old 12-06-2007, 01:54 AM
Default RE: Craig Ferguson speaks from the heart (I think this is a must see)

Great post, cowboy. I'm surprised it hasn't led to more discussion.
Yes, it's good to consider what our words do to others, point well taken.
But the experience he relates concerning his struggle with alcoholism is, I think, even more important for many of us to hear. I see people in my clinic every day with chronic conditions that they are judged for by society. And in most cases, they're doing all they know how to do to manage them; they just haven't gotten the help they really need and it's my job to try to help arrange that.
I go to work and see people with REAL problems, and I'm humbled and grateful for the life I have. And I see the pain in the eyes of my patients who are ridiculed by society for having conditions (obesity, drug addiction, whatever) that they have no control over. And I'm suddenly much slower to throw stones. Or at least, I try to be.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:01 AM

[align=center]Hi `Duane,[/align][align=center]I haven't watched to much TV in my life, butI had heard[/align][align=center]the name of Craig Ferguson, but have never seen his[/align][align=center]show. My `puter was unable to download you link : ([/align][align=center]But thanks for posting a positive link.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Below infor on Ferguson[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Ferguson[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Dr MadelynsDaddy, EnJoyed reading your post/thoughts/words,[/align][align=center]thanks, `Space[/align][align=center]"Judge thyself, before others" `amen[/align]

Old 12-06-2007, 10:19 AM

its a shame i cant youtube but craig is my fav talk show host he dont go by no stuipd script and he dont really care how he looks. someday ill have highspeed and ill come back to this thread lol

Old 12-06-2007, 10:22 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I also thinkhis message about alcoholism was a more powerful message to hear. But themessage about thinking before you speak is also very important.
Nice find Duane!