Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Clean Reccord

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 02:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Clean Reccord

I'm pretty excited about this, as this is a huge achievement for me...

For the first time in a decade i currently have a clean driving reccord, although just may be short lived (i have a court date for June 28th for my last speeding infraction back in October last year)

Damn led foot, but its my only stress relief

Last edited by RocknSS04; 04-20-2010 at 05:51 PM. Reason: language
Old 04-20-2010, 07:37 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Any tracks out in your area? It could be fun to take your Monte out to the track and just let `er rip!

A friend of mine goes to a local go-cart track and takes his frustration out there. He says it's a lot better than getting speeding tickets, risking his licence, and risking the unpredictability of unsuspecting drivers just trying to get to their destination.

I tried it. They're lots of fun. Almost like being in an open wheeled Indy car.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:42 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

As long as you can afford it.... it's getting to be a pretty expensive hobby.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:12 AM
10 Year Member

I'm only aware of one go-kart track out here... been twice... not quite fast enough...Wished i still lived in ontario, theres a track in Niagra Falls, they go 40km/h and the track is 1km long, a few years back it was 1$ a lap, no clue what it is now...

There is a 1/4 mile track south of the city, but how much fun can that possibly be with a stock LS that puts out what, like 150hp at the wheels? damn thing is probably slower then a cavalier z24 (considering that its heavier lol)

I've been told by a HOT cop to take it to the track after get'n pulled over in an empty parking lot for "stunting", she didnt like it when i told her that unless she got the property owner to press charges againts for me tresspassing/wrecking property that she had nothing on me... That being said im not normally a dick to cops unless they try to pull one on me and i know better... I've been pulled over enough (at least 20 times since i was 17, luckily not that many tickets!) to know when to shut my mouth..

Old 04-21-2010, 09:17 AM

Ive had a clean record since I got my lisence. I got them back in 96. The dmv even sent me a safe driver award

Old 04-21-2010, 09:23 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Monte2K
That being said im not normally a dick to cops unless they try to pull one on me and i know better... I've been pulled over enough (at least 20 times since i was 17, luckily not that many tickets!) to know when to shut my mouth..
I know what you mean. The last time I got pulled over, I was running late for work. I don't know how fast I was going. But I did know the cop's name. "Sir"

As in "yes, sir" and "no, sir". I figured anyone with a gun and the authority to put me behind bars is called "sir".

I got away with a warning that time. Phew!

Old 04-21-2010, 11:33 AM
10 Year Member

Oh man, the "the yes sir, i know why you pulled me over sir" has saved me several time in Windsor Area, but out here in Alberta... pff, not once

Ive managed to pull my cover and stop before the cop had a chance to even turn around (coming from the other direction obviously) twice, they really appreciate that too, specially when you got the license/registration/insurance already hanging out the window

Old 04-21-2010, 05:52 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

I don't know if this has anything to do with it. But the Windsor cops are used to dealing with tourists also. Or maybe you just happened to catch them in a good mood.

Or they just wanted to take a better look at your Monte!

Old 04-23-2010, 09:23 AM
10 Year Member

If only... but it cant be either or... I moved to windsor when i was 14 and left when i was 23, and i bought my Monte when i was 24 hehe...

Alot of those tickets were in Dad's minivan and my brothers 85(i beleive?) Cutless Supreme and a few of them in my lil 88 Lebaron (which is still in windsor )

Old 04-23-2010, 11:11 AM
rj
15 Year Member

I got pulled over @ 3:20am a few weeks ago on my way to work. The cop said he was just checking due to breakins in the area. I told him to check any time he wanted. It was okay with me.

Quick Reply: Clean Reccord