Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Chevy Equinox

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Default Chevy Equinox

So, it's been almost a whole year since my wife bought her most recent car (99 Mazda Millenia). So, that means, time for an upgrade!

Talking to our friend who happens to be a dealer has netted us a look at a 2005 Chevy Equinox LT(I think). I don't know too much about this thing, since wifey has been handling the most of it. I do know that it's going to be expensive.

Anyone heard anything about these trucks?(yeah, I call SUV's trucks...she hates it, too)anybody here had any experience with them?

We're going down tomorrow before I go into work, so I'll be sure to take TONS of pictures for everybody....3 words guys....Laser. Metallic. Blue..

Old 11-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

There ok in general but some of them get water in the back end an it get moldy.You can never get the smell out i spent a month trying to get one cleaned out an not smell bad.I seen a few of those do it when I work for chevy/pontiac.
There is of course the normal item that tend to go on GM products.The blue is a really nice color though

Old 11-06-2011, 04:59 PM

Lmao...funny you should say that. I'm dealing with water in the cabin of the Monte right now..lol. at least, with the monte carlo, I know it's a cheap fix as soon as I get to the dealer.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My grandparents just got one, not implying that it's a grandma car or anything, but they love it

Old 11-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

It wasn't so much the water but the smell.You'd fix the leak but it would smell like mold no matter what.
I hated having to work on that problem.Seen GM buy back a few of them cuz of the smell.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:33 PM

Hmmm. Well, I will definitely check that out while I'm there...

And, Tre...a lot of people say that the Monte Carlo is a grandma car, too...hmmm.lol
It's an '05. They only came with a 185hp 3.4 v6. So, I already know not to think about power. But, with the way my wife drives, power isn't something she needs a big helping of..lol. I saw one the other night in town, and it looked pretty nice. I guess we'll see if this one holds up. I'm going down at 2pm tomorrow to check it out.

Wish me luck, everybody!!

Old 11-06-2011, 08:17 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Well you can't go wrong with the color! Laser Blue metallic is awesome!

Old 11-06-2011, 11:00 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011

Originally Posted by AwesomeSS
Well you can't go wrong with the color! Laser Blue metallic is awesome!
Ha! I'm in complete agreement :p

I don't want to hi-jack your thread, but jess and i are looking at the EXACT same thing. I was literally going to make this exact same thread in a couple days or so, because we're thinking of going to test drive it sometime soon . . . .

Here's the link to the one we're looking at . . . use it for comparison, or price match, or whatever . . . . .

Used 2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4DR | Performance Automotive Group | Omaha, NE

Old 11-06-2011, 11:10 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Sounds like a nice vehicle. When I was looking for a car before I bought my monte carlo the salesmen at another lot wanted us to test drive a Saturn Vue, it was nice but not what we wanted.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Jester_20
Ha! I'm in complete agreement :p

I don't want to hi-jack your thread, but jess and i are looking at the EXACT same thing. I was literally going to make this exact same thread in a couple days or so, because we're thinking of going to test drive it sometime soon . . . .

Here's the link to the one we're looking at . . . use it for comparison, or price match, or whatever . . . . .

Used 2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4DR | Performance Automotive Group | Omaha, NE
Hahahahahaha! Well, it seems as though our family's have the same taste,eh? They say great minds think alike.

I'm heading down there in a few hours, now. Just waiting for wifey to get off of work. I'll be back with pictures and details later on today!

Quick Reply: Chevy Equinox