Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Chevrolet Unveils 2012 Colorado Rally Concept

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 08:16 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question Chevrolet Unveils 2012 Colorado Rally Concept

Chevrolet Unveils Colorado Rally Concept in Buenos Aires

Jake Holmes on June 17 2011 7:00 AM

<!--leftside banner-->
<!--leftside ends here --><?xml:namespace prefix = fb ns = "http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml" /><fb:like class=" fb_edge_widget_with_comment fb_iframe_widget" width="450" layout="standard" href="http://rumors.automobilemag.com/chevrolet-unveils-colorado-rally-concept-buenos-aires-53953.html" show_faces="false" action="like" colorscheme="light"></fb:like>
<fb:like class=" fb_edge_widget_with_comment fb_iframe_widget" width="450" layout="standard" href="http://rumors.automobilemag.com/chevrolet-unveils-colorado-rally-concept-buenos-aires-53953.html" show_faces="false" action="like" colorscheme="light"></fb:like>This Colorado Rally Concept gives us an idea of what Chevrolet’s South American designers envision for a burly off-roader. The high-performance, go-anywhere Colorado concept bowed at the Buenos Aires Motor Show in Argentina.

This concept follows the Colorado concept that bowed earlier this year at the Bangkok Auto Show. Both vehicles preview the next-generation Chevrolet Colorado (twinned with the GMC Canyon). These types of midsize trucks sell exceedingly well in South America and parts of southeast Asia, like Thailand, making Buenos Aires and Bangkok the ideal locales for displaying what a future Colorado may look like.
Unlike the previous show truck, the Rally concept is a crew-cab model, but is blessed with four-wheel-drive and a 2.8-liter turbodiesel four-cylinder engine. It rides on 18-inch aluminum wheels wrapped in burly, 12-inch-wide off-road tires, supported by “high-performance” suspension that can be raised or lowered two inches.The windows are made from acrylic plastic and have ventilation holes (it gets hot when rallying through the desert) and all exterior lights use LEDs. The Rally concept also wears an integrated roll bar, tool box, and spare tire carrier mounted in the bed. Both front and rear bumperssport a four-ton electric winch.
Because it’s designed for serious work off-road, you’d expect the cabin to be Spartan. Surprisingly, the Rally concept’s dashboard is finished in textured brown leather, and the sporty bucket seats are covered in orange-stitched neoprene. Concessions to racing include five-point harnesses, toggle switches for changing ride height and activating the fire extinguisher, a navigationsystem for the co-driver, shift lights (embedded in the steering wheel), and auxiliary gauges.
It’s clear that the Colorado Rally Concept is just a fanciful way for Chevrolet to highlight the upcoming truck’s capabilities; beneath the showy off-road accessories, this is a fairly realistic preview of the next Colorado. What is less clear is whether a next-generation Colorado will arrive on our shores. Chevrolet hasn’t denied the possibility, but for now the next Colorado is only confirmed for other markets like South America and Asia.
Source: Chevrolet

<STYLE type=text/css> #gallery-1 { margin: auto; } #gallery-1 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; text-align: center; width: 33%; } #gallery-1 img { border: 2px solid #cfcfcf; } #gallery-1 .gallery-caption { margin-left: 0; } </STYLE><!-- see gallery_shortcode() in wp-includes/media.php --><DL class=gallery-item><DT class=gallery-icon></DT></DL><DL class=gallery-item><DT class=gallery-icon></DT></DL><DL class=gallery-item><DT class=gallery-icon></DT></DL>

<DL class=gallery-item><DT class=gallery-icon></DT></DL><DL class=gallery-item><DT class=gallery-icon></DT></DL><DL class=gallery-item><DT class=gallery-icon></DT></DL>

<DL class=gallery-item><DT class=gallery-icon><DT class=gallery-icon> Member's, do you like it ? Would you trade your Monte for one ?<DT class=gallery-icon>Please post your opinions/comments...<DT class=gallery-icon>Did Chevy do a good job on this one ? ?<DT class=gallery-icon>Look 4ward to reading your words </DT></DL>

Old 06-18-2011, 08:27 AM

I think it would be a Fun Toy to have
with a 4 Banger Turbo Diesel & the set up they have...
I could get to fishing spots E.Z. in this one, plus
haul my surf board to parts of the beach that
most can't get to
The interior is BADAzz 2, and I like the steering wheel

Old 06-18-2011, 10:45 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

i would take one. they could be alot of fun

Old 06-18-2011, 11:35 AM

I actually like it.

Old 06-19-2011, 02:36 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

cool truck. love the interior.

Old 06-19-2011, 05:22 AM

I do hope that GM builds `it and sells it in the USA
4-Sure...

PHOTO GALLERY

<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Old 06-19-2011, 09:47 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I like the interior. One question though. What is that on the center console? Is that supposed to be a chevy bowtie? A first aid kit logo? A plus sign?

Kinda wish it had a more powerful engine. But I'll still take one in black please.

Old 06-19-2011, 03:27 PM

i like it, but the push button start looks like your launching a nuke...

Old 06-20-2011, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Taz
I like the interior. One question though. What is that on the center console? Is that supposed to be a chevy bowtie? A first aid kit logo? A plus sign?

Kinda wish it had a more powerful engine. But I'll still take one in black please.
I think it's the Chevy Bowtie, \for people that look in from the side windows : ) Yes, I'd need a first aid kit `if I had one, plus a Sexy Nurse ~> Just in case

Originally Posted by 03Monte
i like it, but the push button start looks like your launching a nuke...
LOL `Mike,
Yes, you could NickName yours "Nuke Machine"
3-2-1 ~> Blast `Off

Old 06-20-2011, 06:18 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

hmm idk how i feel about the outside but hte inside is pretty sweet!

Quick Reply: Chevrolet Unveils 2012 Colorado Rally Concept