Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Check in > Tuesday - October 4, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 09:28 AM

Good Morning, everybody!!

Off to a slow start today. Due to a late night, last night. Not that the night wasn't AWESOME! Just ran on a little longer then it should've. I did NOT know that the new Transformer's movie was freakin 2 1/2 HOURS LONG!! Still, pretty sweet movie. Didn't like the blonde though.

Hope everyone has a FREAKIN GREAT day!!!!!! I know I will!

(Side note: I updated my Firefox 2 days ago, and since then, have not been able to quick reply unless using Internet Explorer. Anyone else having issues?)

Old 10-04-2011, 09:35 AM

Hey all... im just checking in this morning.

My friend said something to me last night that sort of offended me... I usually don't let it bother me, but this time it did, I guess its because it came from a friend rather than someone who didn't know me.

I raced a nissan z32 n/a, for those who don't know what that is, its a natural aspirated early 90'sto 300zx.
I beat the car, told my friend who has one and thinks its a god car and told me that the other guy didn't know how to shift and that's why I won... on top of tthat, he said its impossible for me to have beat that car because its meant to be a sports car and my monte is meant to be a cheap luxury tank.

I have race him a few times in his old z and beat him every time, so I don't know why he was saying that... and like I said, anyone else who has said that I would brush it off... but a friend saying it... kinda hurt.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:37 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Augi, there are fans of every brand. No one likes to lose to a car that isn't in Fast and Furious movies.

We all appreciate your ride, if other people give you crap about it, who cares! If you enjoy it and you beat them anyway, it's still a win in our book.

I get a lot of crap too. Who cares!

Old 10-04-2011, 09:42 AM

I know... I can't believe I just wrote that entire rant...

Like I said... I considered this guy a good friend, that's why I just can't seem to shake this... I guess ill just have to talk to him about it... since its a friend and all.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:56 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You could always run him over with your''cheap luxury tank''. The ride would be so smooth you wont even feel it.

Old 10-04-2011, 10:12 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by augi
I raced a nissan z32 n/a, for those who don't know what that is, its a natural aspirated early 90'sto 300zx.
Also for those who don't know. It's a DOHC rated at 220 HP and almost 200 TQ.

Compare this to a Monte Carlo with the 3800 who has 200 HP and 225 TQ.

Most people will like the Nissan for its looks, but it was still a pretty heavy car, like the Monte. Since the Monte has more TQ, it clearly will get better jumps.

It's just a basic FR layout car, moderately nice specs, but without having the turbo version, I wouldn't say it's MEANT to be a sports car. When you don't buy the highest end, it's meant to be a cruiser.

Would this person be a better loser if it lost to my Camaro? Same engine as the Monte, but because it's a "sports car" does that make it a different race? They are fools, and they are stuck in the past and the classifications. Comfortable and fast, a luxury sports car, it's just as good as a regular sports car.

Old 10-04-2011, 10:47 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I would say he is just jealous of your monte's abilities:p He got jealous so now hes going to do the only thing he can, find a way to bash on your monte. If you think its a good car and you're winning, like others said who cares what other people think sometimes but if he is a good friend you should be able to talk it out.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

afternoon everyone!

just sitting here relaxing, had a busy week last week, monday & tuesday helped a friend split some firewood, then wednesday through saturday evening i was out at the carlisle fall swap meet. too bad it rained, the show was quite a bit quieter than last fall...

hope everyone's having a good one!

Old 10-04-2011, 11:10 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning all!! The cold weather is coming out here it is 39 here and the are saying a chance of snow here tomorrow !! I am sure nothing that will stick but I am not ready to park the monte for the year just yet . Xp

Old 10-04-2011, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Blazed SS
Good morning all!! The cold weather is coming out here it is 39 here and the are saying a chance of snow here tomorrow !! I am sure nothing that will stick but I am not ready to park the monte for the year just yet . Xp
don't speak if such travesty

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Check in > Tuesday - October 4, 2011