Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Cats on Monte at night

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 09:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
Speaking of rodents in engine compartments... my dad cooked a cat on his way to school with a 6 cylinder '68 Mustang..... thing crawled in there at night looking for warmth... in FLORIDA!
Nooo!!! I really dont like cats but I cant help but feel sorry for it

Old 09-06-2011, 09:20 PM
Default Cats and this ain't no musical.

I have a problem with cats. Did I say a problem? I have multiple problems. First off I'm allergic to cats. Swollen eyes, asthma attack can't breath kind of allergy. I own two acres and I have 26 cars in the yard between my drivers, parts, and project cars. Every dam one of them has paw prints all over them. Want to talk about fun? Try driving into the sun in the morning with foot prints smeared all over your windshield. Last spring I moved my Dodge Charger and found four new born kittens under it. My next door neighbors cat was around the car all the time. He is indigent and can't afford to get his cats fixed but everytime a stray comes around he feeds the GD thing and then I get a new cat around my place. I took the kittens and put them into a box and brought them over to him. I said I think these belong to you. He said they were on my property so they were my problem. I was totally pissed. My other neighbor took them and called animal control who took them away.
Each time a cat jumps on and off your car they dig the paint and scratch. If you put a car cover on your car then you will have created a cat scratching post.
I am going to get a few traps and call animal control when I catch one. I thought about a BB gun or pellet gun but I am afraid of breaking a windshield. If that doesn't work? Did you know cats love antifreeze? Could start storing some in a bowl on top of my car.
I hate people who want an animal but then refuse to be responsible for them. In addition to not having rodents and squirrels around, you also have no birds, rabbits or other small animals. You also get cat feces and the stench of cat urine when they decide your planter or bird bath or anything else for that matter becomes their litter box. And this doesn't even begin to address the dam things marking their territory. Almost like gang members.. Don't get me wrong' I love animals and I have a cockatiel and had a maltese dog till he ran in front of a car last year. I don't have cats for a valid reason. Reason being they make me sick almost instantly and I am kinda fond of breathing. I should not have to deal with a cat if I choose not to own one. In my case more than one.

Last edited by mousehousemoparman; 09-06-2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
Did you know cats love antifreeze? Could start storing some in a bowl on top of my car.
Wow lol! I read that the green antifreeze has a sweet taste, maybe thats why they like it lol. Sounds like your at your "boiling point "

Old 09-06-2011, 09:34 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

I dont really have a cat problem, had a turkey problem lol but the AR15 took care of that lol

Old 09-06-2011, 10:02 PM

Doesn't your city have a leash law? Up here in St. Louis, any dog or cat caught running loose is impounded by Animal Control. Of course, actually catching them isn't always easy. You could try reporting (anonymously) your neighbor to the local cops and see if anything gets done.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
Speaking of rodents in engine compartments... my dad cooked a cat on his way to school with a 6 cylinder '68 Mustang..... thing crawled in there at night looking for warmth... in FLORIDA!
I'd say that one got his wish. He got warm. Is that anything like Cat On A Hot Tin Roof?
I know I know I bad.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by DRuben
Wow lol! I read that the green antifreeze has a sweet taste, maybe thats why they like it lol. Sounds like your at your "boiling point "
I've been dealing with the dam things since I bought the property five years ago. They are ferel cats that he feeds so they stay. And then they breed and then they stay....
I like my neighbor. He is a nice guy. He keeps scrap around because he builds lawn mowers and tractors from crap others threw away. He also doesn't complain to zoning about my cars but I am sick of the cats.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
I dont really have a cat problem, had a turkey problem lol but the AR15 took care of that lol
I wish I had that problem. A little bells seasoning, some bread for stuffing... How can I say this? Dinner is served. Yummy.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Possum
Doesn't your city have a leash law? Up here in St. Louis, any dog or cat caught running loose is impounded by Animal Control. Of course, actually catching them isn't always easy. You could try reporting (anonymously) your neighbor to the local cops and see if anything gets done.
In Polk County Florida they enforce the K-9 leash law as far as cats are concerned " if you catchem we'll take em away."
Question: do pitbulls like cat?

Old 09-06-2011, 11:18 PM

teach the monte to do this!

car commercial - sun roof feature, cat gets a suprise - YouTube

oh and ive heard of these things that you put a battery in and sit them on the lawn and they send off a high pitch noise and its suppose to keep like raccoons away or out of your garbage. maybe thatll work ?

Quick Reply: Cats on Monte at night