Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Cats on Monte at night

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 07:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Cats on Monte at night

Am I the only one that is having problems with neighbors cats on their cars? My neighbor has like 3+ cats and they all seem to come around our house at night. At first I only saw them on top of my moms convertible top of her Solara now this morning I see dirty paw prints from my hood to my trunk. This really had me mad and I pretty much couldnt get it out of my mind all day. I put a letter in the neighbors mailbox stating that they should lock up their cats at night but I almost know for a fact that it wont happen. What are my next steps? Cops? I cant afford to have an "Illegal discharge of a firearm" charge due to my job. Tried firing my bb gun in the air they just jump and come back 10 minutes later. They are not afriad of people nor DOGS!!! Idk what to do...

Old 09-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well, I can sympathize with how you feel about having cats climbing all over your car. But living in a neighborhood that once had tons of cats, I can tell you there's a bright spot.

When my next door neighbor had her cats (about 3 or 4), there was never a problem with rodents or squirrels and such. But since the old lady moved into a retirement home, and the cats are gone, the rodents and squirrels are beginning to get a foot hold. I found a nut in my Monte's airbox. Squirrel put it in there through the hole behind the driver side headlight.

As far as I can tell, cats like to sit on cars because of the warmth. And because of the vantage point. It's like a king of the hill type thing. They can sit on the roof and run surveillance of their territory. I'm sure there's other insight in this. I hope others will shed more light on this. But I wouldn't get into an all out angry battle with your neighbor over this.

Now if the cats are scratching your car, that's different. In that case, you might want to invest in a car cover.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Taz
Now if the cats are scratching your car, that's different. In that case, you might want to invest in a car cover.
Or a shotgun I have a family member that has a neighbor with outside cats, so to keep them off his Mustang, he used to put a bowl of dried cat food on his porch (furnished by the neighbor), the cats hung out on the porch all night after. When I had that problem I used 2 methods, a friendly warning to the neighbor and a hose on the cats, and when the neighbor stopped being cooperative, animal control.

Last edited by Mike 00LS; 09-06-2011 at 08:05 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:04 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

They hate hate hate lemon scented cleaners

Old 09-06-2011, 08:06 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
Now is the cats are scratching your car, that's different. In that case, you might want to invest in a car cover.
No there are no visible scratches just paw prints. Never looked at it from the "rodent" perspective, guess I should have. A car cover is a good idea and I will definately go that route.

A nut in your airbox lol that would definately be funny to find when changing your air filter :p

Old 09-06-2011, 08:08 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
They hate hate hate lemon scented cleaners
I wonder if its hard to make a lemon scented car cover lol

Old 09-06-2011, 08:09 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I was going to suggest a good all weather car cover like a Noah or Evolution 4.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by DRuben
No there are no visible scratches just paw prints. Never looked at it from the "rodent" perspective, guess I should have. A car cover is a good idea and I will definately go that route.

A nut in your airbox lol that would definately be funny to find when changing your air filter :p
It was both funny and disturbing. It means that there's at least one squirrel who is comfortable climbing into my engine compartment.

I remember a member on here who owned a 5th gen that sat for a number of months. When he went to start it one day, he found that a family of squirrels had ripped all the wiring from the engine bay/firewall area, and created a nest inside the engine bay. In the process of doing that, the squirrels had shorted out and fried the computer. Insurance declared it a write off.

Something to keep in mind for anyone who has a lot of squirrels in their neighborhood. Maybe I should get me a cat. DRuben, what's your neighbor's number? lol :p

Old 09-06-2011, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
I remember a member on here who owned a 5th gen that sat for a number of months. When he went to start it one day, he found that a family of squirrels had ripped all the wiring from the engine bay/firewall area, and created a nest inside the engine bay. In the process of doing that, the squirrels had shorted out and fried the computer. Insurance declared it a write off.
Wow! I hope they had no intentions of using that car when it happened...

Originally Posted by Taz
Maybe I should get me a cat. DRuben, what's your neighbor's number? lol :p
lol I dont think they are willing to give any away. Try your local animal shelter or petsmart. Get one that looks like Mufasa from the Lion King

Old 09-06-2011, 09:05 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Speaking of rodents in engine compartments... my dad cooked a cat on his way to school with a 6 cylinder '68 Mustang..... thing crawled in there at night looking for warmth... in FLORIDA!

Quick Reply: Cats on Monte at night