Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

>Cars with Manual Transmissions<

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 09:36 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I like both, and have both

Old 04-16-2015, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
I like both, and have both

Hi Admin `Mike, & you gave `up to get'em

*LoL `Tadd, I thought that maybe your answer

Old 04-16-2015, 09:46 AM

I only drive a manual hardly any, but I think it would be more fun and you'd feel more in control. Also you can't call yourself a pro driver unless you know how to drive a stick.

Old 04-16-2015, 09:53 AM
Talking Reasons 2 want 2 drive a Stick/manual transmission ?

Top10: Reasons Real Men Drive Stick - AskMen <Click

www.askmen.com/top.../top10-reasons-real-men-drive-stick.htm...
AskMen

These are the top 10 reasons real men drive stick. ... Automatic transmissions are for those who find driving to be a confusing task, for those who need to focus ...

Ten Reasons Why You Should Learn To Drive Stick - Jalopnik

jalopnik.com/.../ten-reasons-why-you-should-learn-to-drive-stic...
Jalopnik

Why Should People Learn To Drive Stick? Why Should People ... If you don't want to click through the gallery you can see the post in a single page right here. .... You're going to need to learn to drive stick if you want to be able to pinch any car.

I drive a manual transmission. You don't. But you should. <CLICK

oppositelock.jalopnik.com/i-drive-a-manual-transmission-you-don-t-but-...

People just are not coordinated enough to drive, eat a hamburger, talk on their cell ...And here comes the crux of my argument, why do I want to dampen the art?

Why do people buy cars with manual transmissions ... - Quora

www.quora.com › ... › Cars and Automobiles › DrivingQuora

It can be one or more of: * Performance: manual transmissions usually have better ...If I want to drive smoothly, I switch to an upper gear and let my passengers ...

The Esurance Blog | Top 5 Reasons to Choose a Stick Shift

blog.esurance.com/top-5-reasons-to-choose-a-stick-shift/
Esurance

Jan 15, 2013 - As a lifelong driver of manual-transmission cars, it's with a heavy heart... Do you want to know a huge reason I'm not tempted to use a mobile device ... I hear from people about manuals is usually “Is it hard to drive a stick?

20 Reasons We Should All Drive Manual Cars - FQF

firstquarterfinance.com/manual-cars/

Aug 12, 2014 - Have a weak battery and don't want to replace it? ... I can pull themanual transmission out of my car in an afternoon. ... Which, funny enough, I guess in Britain the only people who drive auto's are the disabled and the elderly.

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 04-16-2015 at 10:07 AM.
Old 04-16-2015, 10:49 AM

15 Year Member

Automatics are becoming crazy nowadays. The MPG savings is no longer relevant.

Old 04-16-2015, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Automatics are becoming crazy nowadays. The MPG savings is no longer relevant.

Sadly, Admin `Mike > I agree <
With 7>8 + speeds & the new computer tech > they have really improved...

The auto in the new Stingray is quicker then the manual , unless I was driving (LOL)

Old 04-16-2015, 11:19 AM

15 Year Member

There's ALMOST no reason to get a manual nowadays unless you truthfully prefer it.

It's the same reason why you can't even get a proper manual in most high-end luxury and performance cars.

Old 04-16-2015, 12:59 PM

Hi Admin `Mike, I agree again. I've learning a lot finding things to post on the MCF lately >LOL< Now I just have to learn to spell & use proper grammar

Manual vs. Automatic Transmission: Which Gets Better Mileage and Why?

Auto, Diesel & Marine Mechanic School | AutoTraining.edu <source
by ATC
Filed under Automotive Tips

Manual Transmission

The manual vs. automatic debate is an eternal one. With gas mileage being so important today when picking a car, it’s important to understand which type of transmission is better for you and your wallet. Your friends and family are probably steadfast about their own opinions regarding which one is better, so let this blog serve as an unbiased guide to your transmission dilemma.
(Find out the truth about turbo diesel here)

The Case for Manual

Cars with manual transmission used to get significantly better gas mileage compared with automatics. A major factor that halted the gas mileage of cars that use automatic transmissions was the use of a torque convertor that coupled the engine between the mechanical gears. Manual transmissions don’t have this convertor and use a clutch instead. The torque convertor was never 100% effective when the car was in motion, causing cars to lose more power and burn more fuel on the highway than cars with manual transmissions. So if you’re looking to buy a used car and want to save on gas mileage, one with a manual transmission would probably be more beneficial.
The Case for Automatic

In the present-day automotive industry, car manufacturers have solved the problem of cars with automatic transmissions getting worse gas mileage than cars with manual transmissions. Today, automatic cars come with five speeds, and sometimes even six or seven, making highway driving much easier on your gas tank. New automatics usually have an overdrive top gear that can reduce the engines RPM at higher speeds as well, which also saves gas. Newer automatic transmission cars now have lock-up torque convertors to solve to problem of saving power on the highway, and computer controls help optimize gas and fuel consumption.
Today, cars with automatic transmissions will get the close to, if not the same, gas mileage as manual transmissions.

The Answer?

Automatic transmission

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 04-16-2015 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

depending what im doing with the car, stop and go traffic and drag racing give me an auto, auto x, and spirited street cornering a manual is better.

honestly i will take either one i can make a deal on and get a good price on as it dont matter much to me. the cts-v is a automatic because the dealership worked with us on payments, the dealership that had a manual cts-v wouldn't budge on price.

Old 04-16-2015, 03:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've pretty much only driven automatic, i did drive stick long enough to get the idea of it. I desperately want to get a manual car as i feel like i'd enjoy it alot, as long as im not in traffic lol.

Quick Reply: >Cars with Manual Transmissions<