Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Can't wait for summer

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 06:21 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

It snowed here last night well not really here just the next town up and above but im ready for warm weather and car shows

Old 03-25-2013, 06:30 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
It snowed here last night well not really here just the next town up and above but im ready for warm weather and car shows
Yeah , we got snow last night.., I got called into work on my off day 8 hrs overtime ..

Old 03-25-2013, 07:12 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Well we lucked out and didn't get the snow but our roads are still coated with salt. So I'm waiting for the next hard rain to wash all of it away. Even though our roads are dry my Stang is covered top to bottom with salt dust and that totally sucks. The Monte is not coming out of storage until we get a hard rain and every single pile of snow is completely melted.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by AwesomeSS
Well we lucked out and didn't get the snow but our roads are still coated with salt. So I'm waiting for the next hard rain to wash all of it away. Even though our roads are dry my Stang is covered top to bottom with salt dust and that totally sucks. The Monte is not coming out of storage until we get a hard rain and every single pile of snow is completely melted.
I know how you feel. I had a 85 GT Mustang Convert. for 6/7 years and it was a garage queen. It's was always nice to know it was tucked away ready to go whenever I wanted when the roads where dry. Had to sell it with one starting High School and one in College. They are on their own now and with the purchase of the Monte it's kinda come full circle again.

I miss my Mustang but the new Monte is a much nicer car, I'll be able to enjoy it more if I can get use to the fact that it's going to see some dirt and road salt. Maybe some day I'll be able to pick up a second car to play with, but until then I'm going to have fun with it.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:04 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

We havent had much spring here yet. I cant wait for summer and clean dry roads too. We are supposed to see mid to high 40's by the weekend so we are getting close.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:04 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I washed the Monte today. It looked like I drove it through a mud pit. So that means we should be getting a foot of snow tonight.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Snowing right now. Don't think it will stick, but I bet I got snow on my car in the morning!

Matt, "V8 rumble", I get my new big block rumble Friday afternoon. It's got a cam. It RUMBLES! Looking forward to getting it roadworthy. Hoping to get the Solstice out the 1st weekend in April. The Olds is going to stay in the barn for a while.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:25 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by lougreen03
We havent had much spring here yet.
Except for three Sunday's ago when it was above 60. Windows down weather for one day. Then it snowed three days later.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Taz
I washed the Monte today. It looked like I drove it through a mud pit. So that means we should be getting a foot of snow tonight.
Like a flock of birds looking for a clean car. Never fails.....clean it up and bad weather rolls in. Soon we'll be cutting grass three times a week and complaining how hot it is praying for rain.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:36 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Anyone remember the tornado outbreak in southern Michigan last year around this time? I was on my way home from work that day and drove right into a hail storm on the leading edge of one of those cells that had an F3 tornado down at the time. I was on the highway and pulled off onto the shoulder because the hail stones were so effing loud. My cowl looked like winter. Those stones must have gotten to be dime size, I was freaking out! Luckily not big enough to do any damage to the car.

Quick Reply: Can't wait for summer