Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

A/C Temperatures

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 12:17 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default A/C Temperatures

So i've been complaining about the a/c in my dart since i got it, and i'm also having issues with the a/c in the monte. Today i decided to test the output temperatures in all 3 cars to see what i got. All tests were performed driving 55-60 mph with the fan at about 3/4 speed on recirculate on the coldest setting. Used a digital thermometer with a long probe stuck down in the vent.

The dart read about 46 degrees
The Horizon read about 38 degrees
The monte carlo read about 54 degrees.

The temperature here today is close to 90 and it's humid, anyone know what an ideal output temperature is? Obviously i have an issue with the monte carlo, it had leaked out and i refilled it a while ago and its getting warm again.

Old 09-06-2014, 06:05 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I feel your pain with A/C issues. I bought my Monte in '08 and the A/C worked until the following year (I think it had a fresh charge when I bought it). Since it only gets driven in the summer and how I park it during the winter, I have limited time to mess with it. FINALLY the last issue was resolved, the A/C condenser in front of the radiator (fixed it last year). A/C had been working great until about 3 weeks ago and now it's dead.

Found that new condenser has a hole in it! But, it's lifetime warranty, RockAuto sent me a new one already and the core does not need sent back. Now, I just need time to mess with it. UGH!!

OH and the A/C on my house is dead (that system was built in 1989, tomorrow a friend is coming over to help me install a new central air system).