Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

BREAKING: Lutz says Pontiac G8 to survive as Chevy Caprice in U.S.; Camaro Z28 dead

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 10:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

i'm not taller than anybody. my 11 year old niece is taller than me. and she never passes up an opportunity to rub it in.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:38 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

psh I learned how to drive in a Monte Carlo.

It was a 2000, black SS...

Old 07-14-2009, 08:31 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChevySSGirl
i'm not taller than anybody. my 11 year old niece is taller than me. and she never passes up an opportunity to rub it in.
Just wait until she's 16 and wants to borrow Aunt Jamie's Monte Carlo. Pay backs!

Old 07-14-2009, 09:39 PM

please don't make me think about that day. i still have a hard enough time believing she's 11 as it is.

but yes, she will likely be begging to drive my car soon. her stepdad has an 05 nissan 350z, which she loved dearly - till TONY pulled into her driveway. she dropped the nissan like yesterday's news!!

Old 07-14-2009, 10:05 PM

Psssh, I had the opposite problem. Learned in our '93 Suburban, then graduated to the '71 Camaro. My head is 1/2 inch from the ceiling and the seat doesn't adjust, but it sure is fun to drive. Then we got the Monte and that became my new toy, seat all the way back and the seatback even with the b-pillar makes for plenty of room for all 6' 8" of me.

But back on topic I think I'd probably go with the Holden front end too, but I don't like sedans so most likely wouldn't get one anyway. I'd rather have the car that I want to build if I ever get around to it.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:20 PM

6'8"?????

DAMN, i'm dizzy just THINKING about you being that tall.

shouldn't you be under contract with the lakers or something???

Old 07-15-2009, 09:19 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I learned how to drive in a 1995 Volvo WIA65TES, 10 speed transmission, 14L 450 hp engine!!!!!!!!!!

That's no $hit either. When I was about 12-13 years old my dad was on the road alot, and mom was scared to teach me. So one day as he and I were leaving to get our trailer and go to Charlotte (he never brought trailers home in that day, although we have plenty of room), dad let me get in the drivers seat and drive down our driveway (about a quarter mile long). I had to back the truck out and everything and go. Sometime after that he started letting me drive to the end of the road (nearly a mile) as I started learning how to shift gears (which is different in an 18 wheeler, you cant just hit the clutch and shift, you've got to double clutch and match rpm's near perfect or slideshift). But that's how I learned anyways... as hard as taht is to believe.

The first time I ever drove the suburban I had gotten used to how stiff the steering wheel was on the 18 wheeler nad nearly turned the Suburban over in the driveway (accordign ot my mom, I do'nt think it was that close).

BUT WE ARE MISSING THE BIG POINT OF THIS ARTICLE!!!! THE Z28 MAY BE DEAD!!!!

Just discontinue the damn thing if thats how it has to be. A Camaro rolling off of the assembly line without a V8 option is basically the late 70's all over again. Just drop it and let the few that are out there become novelty cars. When the highest trim package on a Camaro is a V6, even if it is over 300 hp, something is wrong. Just drop the thing and let everybody buy the rebadges Holden in my opinion. Save the assembly line the trouble of making two different cars.

(picture of the Volvo)

Old 07-15-2009, 09:09 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

Here are my babies, and Sammie (braces) learned to drive in my 2006 SS, and I let both of my babies use my car any time they want... Sammie loves it, because the car attracts boys, and Angela loves because it "Sounds Cool!"... lol

Old 07-15-2009, 09:28 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by BLACK ATTACK

Here are my babies, and Sammie (braces) learned to drive in my 2006 SS, and I let both of my babies use my car any time they want... Sammie loves it, because the car attracts boys, and Angela loves because it "Sounds Cool!"... lol
You are an awesome dad fort letting your 2 daughters drive the Monte!

Old 07-16-2009, 04:59 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I learned in a '65 Rambler Classic. The day before I took my drivers exam, Dad traded it off for a '66 Rambler station wagon. I didn't even drive it before I took the test. And of course, I had to parallel park the tank in front of the testing office! Thought I was going to flunk because of that parking job, but after 3 or 4 attempts, I got it.

Craig, good looking girl's you got there. You ARE a good Dad for letting them use your "Guy Magnet" when they want.

I don't know what to think about the Z28. If they can keep the SS, there are a ton of aftermarket people modifying the bejibers out of 'em. I know Bergers has their own version. They won't modify your SS, but they will one you buy from them. There are supercharger add-on's and cam kits available. I'd look for cars like the Berger's SS to be real collectables.

Last edited by RocknSS04; 07-16-2009 at 05:04 AM.

Quick Reply: BREAKING: Lutz says Pontiac G8 to survive as Chevy Caprice in U.S.; Camaro Z28 dead