Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Box Of A Chatty Nature

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 07:02 PM
Default Box Of A Chatty Nature

we should really get a chatbox for these forums...i can setup a short-term one, if anyone is interested...because instead of getting it all over the forums and flooding the forums...informative members can be on the chatbox and if anyone has a question, they can answer it in real time

http://xat.com/MonteCarloForumEnthusiasts

epic win, when/if any mods come onto the chatbox i will make them mods...but right now i guess im the self appointed mod of the chatbox lol...is this not acceptable? or can you roll with it?

Last edited by MrChyes; 02-23-2011 at 07:20 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:04 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

it's been tried before, kinda lost interest!

Old 02-23-2011, 07:09 PM

well...i will try try again...lol...the annoying click of a xat chat box never gets old!

Old 02-23-2011, 11:37 PM

We have done it a couple of times and it was fun, but the forum posts suffered from it. We need lots of posts to keep the sponsors happy as space says. I know what you mean though about real time chat, it is nice.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:35 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'll explain for any new members who aren't already aware.

The owners of this forum won't put chatboxes on any of the 100+ forums they have. A few members have tried like previously mentioned. Including moderator JJ. But they tended to die out. The daily blog was the alternative that has seemed to stand the test of time so far.

Old 02-24-2011, 07:36 AM

daily blogs are fine and all...but if it is the money you dont want to put in, thats fine...i already have a chatbox from xat customized and the website works fine that it is sitting in...i chatted with my friend to test it out...lol we were on fb but tested it instead of fb chat...and yes, ik that forum posts will suffer...not much by me though...if someone has replied to my previous post, i usually get to it within a hour if im on the computer...but it is your choice...i was just trying to get real time information when i needed it because im pretty sure atleast 1/2 of my questions have been lost...and i dont wanna ask them again cuz then someone might find my previously asked same question and get mad haha

Old 02-24-2011, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Taz
I'll explain for any new members who aren't already aware.
Originally Posted by Taz

The owners of this forum won't put chatboxes on any of the 100+ forums they have. A few members have tried like previously mentioned. Including moderator JJ. But they tended to die out. The daily blog was the alternative that has seemed to stand the test of time so far.

Hi `David, I really appreciate your idea's to improve the MCF, but as our Administrator `Taz has stated, we are not the owners of this forum. The MCF Staff is not paid & just donate their time to keep our Monte Carlo forum running smooth..and without problems.

We also have to abide by the rules make up by the owners.

The MCF is a StressFree-Fun-Automotive Family Zone
Please don't hurt with your words/post!
Give Respect - Get Respect
4-Sure
If you have not read our MCF Rules ?
Click below link
https://montecarloforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=13110
^^^^^

Old 02-24-2011, 08:07 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I don't remember us ever having a chat box.. but everywhere I've seen it, it just didn't seem to serve a purpose. I think we should adopt a "Like" feature, where members can like one anothers posts... kind of like on Facebook, YouTube, and lots of othersites that have adopted the "Like" feature.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
I don't remember us ever having a chat box.. but everywhere I've seen it, it just didn't seem to serve a purpose. I think we should adopt a "Like" feature, where members can like one anothers posts... kind of like on Facebook, YouTube, and lots of othersites that have adopted the "Like" feature.

Do you like Cowboys Poll

0 - Yes i `Like : )
O - No Way

OK `Duane, we'll give it a try LOL

Old 02-24-2011, 09:03 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
I think we should adopt a "Like" feature, where members can like one anothers posts... kind of like on Facebook, YouTube, and lots of othersites that have adopted the "Like" feature.
We already had that thread.

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=25640

Quick Reply: Box Of A Chatty Nature