Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

BluRay DVD

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Default RE: BluRay DVD

ORIGINAL: Taz

I too havelots of DVDs. It ticks me off how we're expected to re-purchase all our audio and video recordings so often. Then the industry is ticked off because people are downloading stuff for free.This will also change eventually they will write a program for them to record em. Hell i have like 6 diffrent programs here thatcan write DVD. to a disk and im almost positive one willcopy a dvd also.

If you started your video collection on VHS, you were expected to re-purchaseeverything on DVD, now you're expected tore-purchase everything on Bluray. They did this same crap with the whole CD. verses the Tape casset.Im sure that it will continue like this for about 10 years and then it will be you have to confourm again. Withthe capacity of compactflash cards increasing so much, it's only a matter of time before the newestthing will be tobuy all your movies on compact flash cards. Everyone would have a compact flash player instead of a DVD. I already have one im typing on it right now. We actually planed to make a server box and put all of our movies on to it and hook up the entire hosue with a set uo to allowus to stream video threw the TV. in the rooms. I know it can be done but right now it is not cheap.
IT will be somethign that we do after we get our own home.

Old 01-19-2008, 11:08 AM

Hey Space dude.
here si one for you to think of also.
Go out and reserch projection TV. and also a VCR/Bluray player that will play the others also.

total might cost you a bit but when your done you can make your T.V. as big as you wall is if you want to with a good one it wont even change picture quality to much.

This is wha t i plan to do later on . or you cna be even cheaper. get a 50.00 VCR. And a PS3 (also plays blue ray disk) and the projector and screen materials (Ebay has it cheap!! )
Then you have all ya need to watch cabel,DVD's,and VHS Tapes.
And even stereo if you want to hook the PS3 in to that as well.

Guy in Germany had his done like this is was completely awsome to go to his house for games they players were life size LAMO

Old 01-19-2008, 06:52 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Okay Mickey, I got my projector.

Now what?

Old 01-24-2008, 12:56 PM

I have a hard time with people saying that they are making people buy all their old dvd's in HD. Nobody is forcing you to do it. Just keep using your old dvd's as they will work on the Bluray players.

Another big issue is that DVD was the solution for the late 90's for going from analog to digital format in how we view movies. This is the next step to HD. I don't see this changing in the next few years though as there isn't anything better than HD and I haven't heard of anything in the works. 1080P is the highest resolution and nothing is being upgraded from there.

Ohh, and the next upgrade is a step back 10 years.... Divx. They just changed the format to where you can download the movie instead of purchase for 3 bucks and then it doesn't work.