Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

head unit with dvd screen? Which to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 07:10 PM
Default head unit with dvd screen? Which to buy?

head unit with dvd screen? Which to buy? There's alot to choose from, and alot of money, if you buy one. Which one should you go with. Cheap one, or the higher dollar one?

Old 06-24-2006, 07:18 PM
Default RE: head unit with dvd screen? Which to buy?

i have the pioneer AVIC somthing oranother it is the new one out with the GPS in it.

IT is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

I would not give it back. But i also travel some in my car and also use the GPS over here in GErmany alot

But if your not looking for that then get the dvd5800 they have it is a good mid of line deck and is the same thing as mine with out the GPS on it. other then that it has the same bells and whistels in it.

i had this same fight not to long ago. I looked at the JEnsen one that is out picture is great on it but the buttons are flimsy and i was worried about the wife or the kids useing those and breaking it off. or me doing it while i was driving.

I knew i wanted the best resolotion i could affored.

I looked at teh Kenwood and JVC also I was not thrilled with ethier of them for the way they looked when closed and also when the face was removed or hiden so that it was Theft protected.

The one feture i did really like for the JVC was the fact i could take the monitor off the head unit and move it to its own cradel in the back seat if i wanted to.

But i just found some screens and a D VD combo an dput the screens in my car and used the DVD player in the wifes car so all we need now is a screen for hers and were all set in both cars.

mine has a great picture.
has good controlls
front and rear picture capabel and back up cam to. So i can play a movie for the back seat while im driving an di dont have to watch it up front. This is great if the kids want to watch somethign and me and the wife are talking i dont have to fight over the stereo i just fade it to the rear.

Also i have better suround sound in my car then most i have hear with a factory set up. At least for the most part.

Old 06-29-2006, 05:00 PM

i have installed a few alpine dvd for some of my club memebers and the seem to be the best for your money here a a link to alpine's web site www.alpine.com and they have a price range for just about anyone the are really nice head units but all i can tell ya is do your reseach before you buy

Old 06-30-2006, 12:54 AM

wanna buy mine? it was 1800 dollars brand new... i'd have to think on a price for it... nothing is wrong with it i could just use the money..

Old 06-30-2006, 01:20 AM

ORIGINAL: The Black Machine 29

wanna buy mine? it was 1800 dollars brand new... i'd have to think on a price for it... nothing is wrong with it i could just use the money..
What kind, and how much??

Old 06-30-2006, 11:04 AM

I would go with that Pioneer unit Mickey noted. They are pretty darn nice...

Old 06-30-2006, 03:46 PM

its a pioneer dvd7300 im pretty sure... i dont know how much i mean its a 1800 dollar system so i would probally say 900 or 1000