Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Black Friday deals?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 07:13 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Black Friday deals?!?!

I started this same post last year and it was pretty cool so I figured I would do it again!

Anyone go black Friday shopping? Car parts? Household goods? Entertainment items? X-mas shopping? Let's hear about the deals you got!!!

For me, so far I bought nothing this year, a big sale is starting at 9am for parts that deals with the ctsv so maybe I'll buy something there. I have to do all my black Friday shopping online from my phone this year because I'm working so I can't go to any stores for local deals sears has some nice deals on craftsman tools but o well

Old 11-27-2015, 08:09 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

Plan on taking a look at a number of thing, idk if the will be any real black Friday deals on any of it but I'm in the same boat, sitting at work all weekend so anything I do is going to be on my phone

Main things I'll be looking at it stuff for my mini bike project

Old 11-27-2015, 09:31 AM
10 Year Member

I wanted tubular control arms for turbo monte but zzp isn't selling them on black Friday pricing so no need to buy right now lol. Nothing really caught my eye for the ctsv that is affordable for me at the moment so nothing there either haha. I guess I will sit back, save my money, and watch everyone else go crazy trying to get deals lol.

The wife is going shopping now so I'm sure she will get some stuff.

Old 11-27-2015, 09:13 PM

I got the Amazon Kindle Fire 7" for $35 then I added a 64GB microSD card for $17.99. I'm adding Bluetooth capability to my Monte so I'm going to use the Fire as a permanent "iPod" for the car. Additionally, with the 64GB storage I'll be able to throw some Disney movies onto the thing for when we travel. I don't really give a crap about letting them play with the $35 tablet. My wifes iPad? Hell no. $35 Kindle? Sure, go to town.

I was a little hesitant about another OS (Amazon, I'm an Android guy, my wife is Apple) but then I learned I can still, more or less, put Google Play on the thing so I'm all in.

Old 11-27-2015, 11:31 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

No real deal chasing for me, did get most of my Christmas shopping done after work and ordered a few parts for both my pace car and her impala on rockauto which is basically black Friday sales compared to local parts store saved about $100 there

Old 11-28-2015, 09:39 AM
10 Year Member

sounded like a decent deal on the kindle, also sounds pretty cool on what your planning to do with it.

well the wife went shopping and got a few deals, she got a couple shirts, got me a shirt and 2 hats and a wallet. all were on sale and a really good deal.

i also ordered a engine wiring harness for turbo monte yesterday but it wasnt on sale, i just needed it lol

Old 11-28-2015, 05:15 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Summit has some great deals online if any of yall are looking for parts, Just picked up some loudmouth 1 "mufflers" for the Impala SS Neighbors are gonna love our 2 cars haha

Old 11-29-2015, 10:15 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Great deals at Meijer and 50% off at Hobby Lobby. Picked up a large clock for the living room of the house I don't have yet.

Old 11-30-2015, 12:08 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Nice thread John, I remember you cleaned up on quite a few parts last year. Seems like no one really dumped a Kings ransom into their Monte's this time around. By the way, your new sig rocks.... Pretty B.A.

I went to Home Depot's black Friday and bought 6 aluminum 22" ht. bench type scaffolds, normally about $45 ea., got these for $18 ea.. And then when I was looking at my billing they only charged me for 4 of them, ka-ching! Then at K-mart they were doing shoes buy 1 pair get the other for a dollar. When I was at the register the cashier rings them up and says 2 cents. I'm like what, how? No way, and she is like "that's what it says" "But we both know that's wrong" I tell her. And she says the charge is 2 cents. I stand back and gesture "Okay, where is the camera's". She sticks with the 2 cents, and I say okay if you let me walk out of her with these for 2 cents then that's okay with me. LOL, I was like laughing so much. So 2 pairs of shoes at $39 ea. plus the second for a dollar plus tax, so perhaps $43 for only $00.02, no tax on 2 cents. Those were my big snags...

Old 11-30-2015, 10:42 AM
10 Year Member

yea, last year i spent a ton of money on parts for the cts-v lol. we didnt need anything for it this year though as we decided not to wait to port the blower and just did it before black friday. thanks for the compliment on my sig pic, i love it!

very very cool deals you got! especially the shoes!!