Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Which picture is your favorite?
drivernumber3
14.29%
JuniorCar
85.71%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Bi-Monthly Photo contest "Bridges" Voting

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 10:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool

Originally Posted by turbo monte
Your in my stomping grounds! I live like 40mins from there!!
Just got back form a Pirates Game, glad I wasn't driving to and from that and the Pirates were loosing at the top of the 9th when we had to get on the bus back to the Hotel.
Leaving here on Saturday Morning for Gettysburg to see the battle field.

Old 07-20-2016, 10:56 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

Bridges are cool[/QUOTE]
Brent this would have been the shot I would have taken but you would have to have wet feet or use the big lens.

Attached Thumbnails Bi-Monthly Photo contest "Bridges" Voting-img_2842.jpg  

Last edited by drivernumber3; 07-20-2016 at 10:57 PM. Reason: photo
Old 07-21-2016, 01:25 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Actually, I did take that shot (no digital zoom)...

Name:  IMG_2846.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  403.4 KB

Hey, it's actually a pretty good shot of the mufflers. I just didn't like that I couldn't get a clear shot of the rest of the car. And I liked the wider shot better because it illustrated how deep the brush is there. But I do have a 55-200 mm lens that I use too

Last edited by JuniorCar; 07-21-2016 at 01:46 AM.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:00 AM
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
Actually, I did take that shot (no digital zoom)...

Hey, it's actually a pretty good shot of the mufflers. I just didn't like that I couldn't get a clear shot of the rest of the car. And I liked the wider shot better because it illustrated how deep the brush is there. But I do have a 55-200 mm lens that I use too

Good shot!! the focal lens zoom is much better than a digital for details.
There are a lot of times when I have taken a shot and have been able to find detailed images in the background. Sometimes a whole another picture.
I think the setting for the depth of field is f-16 - f-22, if I remember correctly. Fun stuff. I got this great Cannon digital SLR and it is fun to use, and it will correct photo shots that you take that a normal camera wouldn't turn out a good shot.
In 2006 I did a modeling job and they took shots of me as the Man in Black, I was a model for a product brochure. When we went to the shoot the camera the photographer used was very sophisticated and his flash system worked from batteries that looked like a Car battery. I was impressed. I attached one of those shots. Fun stuff.

Attached Thumbnails Bi-Monthly Photo contest "Bridges" Voting-mnblack5c.jpg  
Old 07-21-2016, 08:01 AM
Cool Thanks Mod Barbara, Brent, Dale & Member's

Hi `Brent, `Dale & Member's.

I like the picture & also seeing the exhaust +

I hope the above post will inspire other member's that are into photo shoots to get involved and submit their Monte Carlo's on our MCF Contest

Also, a Big Thanks to our MCF Moderator `Barbara for her dedication and creating so many great threads to keep your Monte Carlo Forum active. (* Note to members > Our MCF Staff is a non paying position & our Staff donates their time/dedication & help to all our member's) We are fortunate to have a great Staff.

Member's please vote if you have not ? Make a post & let us know if you like contest like this ? Please help our Staff & member's by posting your subject threads or contributing to other member's thread subjects when they post.....

OK, time to go & search for a Life ?

Old 07-22-2016, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

Brent, like you did I took multiple shots from this bridge.
It is kind of unique the way it is built back in the early years of the town.
It has several walkways inside it's structure so you can cross it on foot inside the bridge I have not done this.
There is a south bridge which my original shot is taken from and the North bridge where these are taken at. There is a Railroad Bridge in between.
They all cross old Highway 81 in town I have seen a few Big rig trucks get stuck under it because of the Heights limit.
I have also seen photo's of flooding inside the roadway and been told that cars were floating around in it banging the walls.
One day back in the 80's there was a large concrete elevator just a little west of the Bridge and all of a sudden it collapsed and some of the debris fell into the roadway, they said the vibration of the trains weakened the elevator and made it drop. It was about a 115 feet high. I had been up on it once and measured it for a conveyor system it was a bit scary.

North Bridge looking North..

North Bridge looking North East

North Bridge Look East RR track on the South side.

Finally the North Bridge looking to the south over the Rail Road Bridge to the South Bridge.

Attached Thumbnails Bi-Monthly Photo contest "Bridges" Voting-img_0856bridge2.jpg   Bi-Monthly Photo contest "Bridges" Voting-img_0858bridge3.jpg   Bi-Monthly Photo contest "Bridges" Voting-img_0862bridge4.jpg   Bi-Monthly Photo contest "Bridges" Voting-img_0859-bridge1.jpg  

Last edited by drivernumber3; 07-22-2016 at 01:48 PM. Reason: photos
Old 07-22-2016, 03:30 PM
Cool >Thanks Barb, Brent, Dale, & member's for keeping it active & fun ><

Thanks to Mod Barbara for creating & thanks
for Brent, Dale & member's for keeping our
MCF Active & Fun...
Look forward to see what happens, who submit's their pictures & who wins the contest...

Thank You!

Attached Thumbnails Bi-Monthly Photo contest &quot;Bridges&quot; Voting-z.jpg  
Old 07-22-2016, 06:15 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Thanks BBMike...I love what I do here!!

Old 07-23-2016, 01:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Almost a shut out, but no shut out! I can only blame myself...

Old 07-23-2016, 01:30 PM
Cool Let there `be Love & Pe@ce 4 everyone `OK >amen<

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
Almost a shut out, but no shut out! I can only blame myself...

Yes `Brent it's all your fault..."Do it again" >OK

You submitted some great pictures + words. I hope that this thread by Mod Barbara inspires other member's to get involved & take some pictures & submit their Monte Carlo into one of our contest I know that I enjoy seeing member's Monte's in difference settings & locations on planet earth.....

The future will behold the outcome of member's contributions to the MCF (?), so it's all up to everyone to make it better...

Thanks `all, and there's no shut out (Everyone is Welcome)