Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Which picture is your favorite?
drivernumber3
14.29%
JuniorCar
85.71%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Bi-Monthly Photo contest "Bridges" Voting

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 08:31 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member
Default Bi-Monthly Photo contest "Bridges" Voting

Voting thread for the bi-monthly photo contest
"Bridges"
Two submissions this time.
(Didn't get mine taken and submitted because life got busy on me..haha)
Our two contenders are:

drivernumber3

and
JuniorCar

Old 07-20-2016, 02:03 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Again, it's disappointing to have a low submission count for our contest. I feel bad because I'm afraid I'm making these contests too hard or not enough fun. I thank drivernumber3 very much for playing, but I know there are some really fantastic photographers on the forum and it sure would be even more fun if they played too!

I had a blast with this theme and this submission is one of my favorite pics of my car. I chose this particular pic because, in rare occurrence, the Bud Chev does not steal the shot. I have sort of a visually loud car and it doesn't often blend into its environment. Here we have enough glare off the hood for the car to look almost "normal" and - well, just sort of vulnerable. The eye is drawn to the subject: the bridge (and that big gap in the boards) and the Monte Carlo plays the secondary role.

Here are some great photos of the Ausable Road Bridge in Kerwood Ontario that I rejected for this submission (not to be confused with the pictures you are voting on):

Name:  IMG_2836.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  328.5 KB
Name:  IMG_2834.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  316.9 KB
Name:  IMG_2842.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  463.2 KB
It was hard to get a cross-shot of the car on the bridge from the deep brush
Name:  IMG_2822.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  373.4 KB

And in case you missed it, the video of the bridge crossing. Turn the audio up! You can actually see the Bud Chev briefly get stuck in that gap between the loose boards at the beginning of the video.

Thanks for voting and hopefully others will be inspired to submit next time. If anyone has a theme they'd like to try, put it out there (post it on here)

Last edited by JuniorCar; 07-20-2016 at 02:08 AM.
Old 07-20-2016, 05:51 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I had old bridge pics but simply ran out of time to drive over there and get new ones

Old 07-20-2016, 07:51 AM
Thumbs up >Thanks Brent<

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
Again, it's disappointing to have a low submission count for our contest. I feel bad because I'm afraid I'm making these contests too hard or not enough fun. I thank drivernumber3 very much for playing, but I know there are some really fantastic photographers on the forum and it sure would be even more fun if they played too!
Originally Posted by JuniorCar

I had a blast with this theme and this submission is one of my favorite pics of my car. I chose this particular pic because, in rare occurrence, the Bud Chev does not steal the shot. I have sort of a visually loud car and it doesn't often blend into its environment. Here we have enough glare off the hood for the car to look almost "normal" and - well, just sort of vulnerable. The eye is drawn to the subject: the bridge (and that big gap in the boards) and the Monte Carlo plays the secondary role.

Thanks for voting and hopefully others will be inspired to submit next time. If anyone has a theme they'd like to try, put it out there (post it on here)

Hi `Brent, I can read the frustration in your posted words about being disappointing in the submission activities from member's.

There is a multitude of reasons for low submissions on a special type photo shoot....Time/Equipment/Vehicle/Location/$ + + +

Yes, thanks to `Dale for always being there to help & to participate on the MCF ....

Don't give up and keep making it a challenge to make our MCF better 4-Sure!!!

Also, thanks for being a active/contributing member's to the MCF.....(p.s. Super Pic & Super Location for the `Bud)

Old 07-20-2016, 08:45 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Thanks Brent for taking some really good photo's. I really like the one with a side view of your car on the bridge, take out you big lens and zoom in on it like your standing in the water with the copper heads and take that shot.
I just have been fortunate enough to take a few when I travel home and by luck something fits.
The one I have here is on a Bridge overpass in town and the Train runs over it and there are 2 Bridges one on the North side of the tracks and one on the south side of the tracks.
I enjoy posting the pics I take, keeps me out of the Bars and from chasing wild women while I am away from home.
Unfortunately I don't have my Monte with me when I am out, there are some awesome photo's that can be taken.

I am also trying to keep the forum active as BBM has indicated.

So now everyone else is going to need to pick it up a bit cause I am out of Photo's for the time limit of the 3 months.
I now have another record of having the most entries with out any votes.
I never vote for my own photo as that defeats the idea of the contest.
Brent made that comment along time back and it makes sense. That is what I refer to as Honorable.

Kind of like when you go to a car show and that one car has a boat load of Votes for the peoples choice award, they had to have gotten into the ballots and made extra entries, or there family or friends are there.

I am in Pittsburg, PA right now, my wife has a convention here. So I have been taking some photo's of Bridges here, the tour guide yesterday said they have 445 Bridges in the Pittsburg area. wow.
I took a shot of my Monte coming across this bridge from the Hotels 15th floor window, can you see it?? Actually we took the Equinox.

The photo below is from this Duquesne incline tram observation deck, shows the Hotel and where the Ohio and Allegany rivers merge

these 3 bridges below are supposed to be identical???? according to the tour guide lady.

Attached Thumbnails Bi-Monthly Photo contest &quot;Bridges&quot; Voting-img_1263a.jpg   Bi-Monthly Photo contest &quot;Bridges&quot; Voting-img_1282a.jpg   Bi-Monthly Photo contest &quot;Bridges&quot; Voting-img_1289a.jpg  

Last edited by drivernumber3; 07-20-2016 at 09:07 AM. Reason: photos
Old 07-20-2016, 06:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Thanks Brent for taking some really good photo's. I really like the one with a side view of your car on the bridge, take out you big lens and zoom in on it like your standing in the water with the copper heads and take that shot.
I just have been fortunate enough to take a few when I travel home and by luck something fits.
The one I have here is on a Bridge overpass in town and the Train runs over it and there are 2 Bridges one on the North side of the tracks and one on the south side of the tracks.
I enjoy posting the pics I take, keeps me out of the Bars and from chasing wild women while I am away from home.
Unfortunately I don't have my Monte with me when I am out, there are some awesome photo's that can be taken.

I am also trying to keep the forum active as BBM has indicated.

So now everyone else is going to need to pick it up a bit cause I am out of Photo's for the time limit of the 3 months.
I now have another record of having the most entries with out any votes.
I never vote for my own photo as that defeats the idea of the contest.
Brent made that comment along time back and it makes sense. That is what I refer to as Honorable.

Kind of like when you go to a car show and that one car has a boat load of Votes for the peoples choice award, they had to have gotten into the ballots and made extra entries, or there family or friends are there.

I am in Pittsburg, PA right now, my wife has a convention here. So I have been taking some photo's of Bridges here, the tour guide yesterday said they have 445 Bridges in the Pittsburg area. wow.
I took a shot of my Monte coming across this bridge from the Hotels 15th floor window, can you see it?? Actually we took the Equinox.

The photo below is from this Duquesne incline tram observation deck, shows the Hotel and where the Ohio and Allegany rivers merge

these 3 bridges below are supposed to be identical???? according to the tour guide lady.

Your in my stomping grounds! I live like 40mins from there!!

Old 07-20-2016, 06:36 PM
Cool Good to see you online

Hello John, it's always great to see your post contributions to the mcf. You do make it better for sure. I always enjoy seeing what is revealed from your mind onto the screen before us all.

Thanks much for sharing with your Monte Carlo family.

Good luck to everyone in the contest but to me you are all winners with your Monte Carlo and in life. Enjoy your Journeys in life and on the mcf. Peace out from a tired bum

Old 07-20-2016, 07:29 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Oh I vote on most all of these, I stand by and wait for a subject that I can wring something out of.

Here's a no votie picture from years ago. About when I first got the Monte and took the coast highway home from work one day.

Bixby Bridge.

Attached Thumbnails Bi-Monthly Photo contest &quot;Bridges&quot; Voting-bixby.jpg  

Last edited by Barovelli; 07-20-2016 at 07:39 PM.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:32 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That's a breath taking photo Barovelli! I was hoping to see a few such submissions. But thanks for sharing

Bridges are cool

Old 07-20-2016, 10:41 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by Barovelli
Oh I vote on most all of these, I stand by and wait for a subject that I can wring something out of.

Here's a no votie picture from years ago. About when I first got the Monte and took the coast highway home from work one day.

Bixby Bridge.
I been on the Bixby Creek Bridge back in the 60's when I lived in Monterey, CA