Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

>The Best And Worst Perceived Car Brands< ?

Old 02-10-2014, 06:54 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question >The Best And Worst Perceived Car Brands< ?

Click above link

• Brand perception is one of the most important things to car companies. After all, a brand's reputation determines some of the most fundamental decisions in the car buying process. If you want a green car, you're going to look at brands that you perceive as "green." If you want a safe car, you're going to start researching brands that have a reputation for safety.
    Perception influences that initial step down a certain car shopping path.

Consumer Reports recently released the findings of its annual brand perception survey, which is used as a sort of nationwide barometer for how people are feeling about each of the car companies.

The publication asked people to name the top car brand in seven different categories. These were "performance," "safety," "quality," "value," tech/innovation," "design" and "environmental friendliness." The brands then received an overall score which was determined by analyzing the responses of the participants.

The complete methodology of the analysis is pretty in depth and convoluted. If you're really interested in getting into the data, you can check out the full report here. Since you probably don't have time to do that, we've compiled a list of what's important: The top five and bottom five car brands in the survey.
  • No. 4 Best - Chevrolet

Score: 105

Chevrolet scored very well numerous areas, including the "performance," "value" and "quality" categories. It was also a newcomer to the top five in "design," likely due to its super sleek new Corvette Stingray and SS performance cars.

The storied American automaker is famous for everything from its trucks to midsize sedans and high performance vehicles. With good perception in some of the most important areas, people obviously see Chevy as one of the best car brands.
What do you think ? Post your thoughts

Last edited by Space; 02-10-2014 at 06:58 AM.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:48 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I like having you around for posting this stuff 'Space. Maybe I'm just to lazy or maybe I've come to depend on the MCF for this stuff. But I always read these car articles when you post 'em, but I almost never surf for such stuff.

Anyways, I find it odd that there are such 2 opposite perceptions of Scion and Toyota. To me it kinda shows how much thought is really put into that perception. And Ford is not perceived as a good fuel mileage company? They are all over the "EcoBoost" and hybrid technology ahead of everyone but Tesla in the fuel economy game IMO. The irony is that Tesla didn't score well in fuel economy perception either.

But Americans have correctly figured out that Land Rover and Jaguar makes junk. And expensive junk at that.

Definitely a good read. And one the manufactures should listen to because in business, perception is more important than reality

Old 02-11-2014, 07:33 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The worst? Yugo...need I say more?

Old 02-11-2014, 07:43 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's amazing that Toyota is still holding that top spot even though they are having record numbers of recalls lol