Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Best mustang EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 08:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I must have forgot to put the link in about this guy running from the police.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlhUumEP2N4

Old 05-17-2010, 05:04 PM

That 2nd guy, deserves an award for his driving skills, stang or no stang.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:19 PM

I think the rotary makes it a Mustang Wankel.

Old 05-17-2010, 05:24 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I love how people think they can still get away when you got a half dozon cop cars and a helicopter on you.

The other thing is this: People are congratulating him on his driving skills since everything turned out okay. But if the guy hit someone and killed someone, what would people be saying then? This guy is obviously a very selfish person. Only thinking of himself, and not the well being of everyone in his path.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:12 PM

I retract my previous statement lol
what a selfish act! O_O'

Old 05-17-2010, 06:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

I dont know why the cops were after him. Its obvious that he ran out of butter for his Popcorn.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:26 PM
10 Year Member

*sigh* Im still confused about the popcorn thing.

Yes, that was a very VERY selfish thing to do. The stupid cops were not completely in the right either. Did you see how close that guy came to hitting the oncoming traffic, then the cops just kept trying to PIT him. But the whole thing about it is, the guy had never drove that car before and look at how he could maneuver<spelled wrong? But again, SELFISH guy, SELFISH police also!

Old 05-17-2010, 06:52 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by wht02monte
*sigh* Im still confused about the popcorn thing.

Yes, that was a very VERY selfish thing to do. The stupid cops were not completely in the right either. Did you see how close that guy came to hitting the oncoming traffic, then the cops just kept trying to PIT him. But the whole thing about it is, the guy had never drove that car before and look at how he could maneuver<spelled wrong? But again, SELFISH guy, SELFISH police also!
JJ likes popcorn. He also used to keep a bag of popcorn with him while he was online.

What were the cops supposed to do? Let the guy continue along his merry way?

If they were going through a school zone, then yeah. Most police departments do call off pursuits near schools so kids don't get run down by a speeding police car. But this is different. A guy driving like that in traffic NEEDS to be stopped.

I'll admit that he was good at recovering from those PIT maneuvers. Takes a bit of skill to recover like that.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member

Not being rude at all here. The cops have protocal, they are supposed to stay back until the traffic is lighter. I watch these types of things all the time, what they did was wrong and dangerous, yes, so was the guy running but they are supposed to stay back enough so there is a possibility of the guy to slow down a bit, then like I said, they are to wait till the traffic lightens up then do the pit. The other option the cops have is, go and block all the exit/on ramps and stop traffic a couple miles ahead and set the spikes.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:38 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

Trust me, I'm not upset or anything.

But it's been proven that spike strips don't work. The guy running just keeps going on the rims until the engine blows up. And with no traction!

Meanwhile cops and civilians end up going over the spikes as well because the cop couldn't get the spike strip out of the way fast enough.

That's why the PIT is used more often. Plus blocking off ramps and such requires more man power. And anticipating where the guy is likely to go.

But back to that video. It all turned out well, so let's just leave it at that.

Quick Reply: Best mustang EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!