Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

>Before And After Photos Show Exactly Why The Philippines Needs Your Help<

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 04:18 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Unhappy >Before And After Photos Show Exactly Why The Philippines Needs Your Help<

Updated: 11/13/13 EST
Before And After Photos Show Exactly Why The Philippines Needs Your Help After Haiyan
=====================================
Hi Member's,
I just awoke from a power nap & got online to check my grandfather's emails on AOL & discovered the below :
* When you get to the pictures > Let it load & watch the view.
Amazing photos.

Aid continues to trickle into the Philippines as the island nation reels in the devastation of Typhoon Haiyan. Officials said Tuesday more than 1,700 people were confirmed dead, though that number is expected to rise.
As the dispersal of aid moves slowly, many of the worst hit communities have not yet been reached. The level of destruction and masses of debris across affected regions have hindered all assistance efforts.
"We need help. Nothing is happening," 81-year-old Aristone Balute told the Associated Press.
The GIFs below show aerial views of the Philippines before and after the typhoon made landfall. As the images evolve, shacks flatten to piles of sticks, buildings crumble into rubble and coastline structures flood and disappear.

An aerial view shows destroyed houses in Guiuan town, Eastern Samar province, central Philippines on November 11, 2013, four days after Typhoon Haiyan devastated the town on November 8. Credit: Google / Getty Images

Credit: Digital Globe / Google Earth

Want to help? Here is a list of organizations leading rescue and relief efforts in the Philippines.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: I believe in helping our neighbors, but I firmly believe that we should 1st help those at home in the USA. There are so many in need in the USA.

Old 11-13-2013, 04:27 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up > Count your Blessings > Good Fortune <

*^ If you can ? ? > When you can ?, Yes `you can!!