Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Been a while an update on BudsJLM

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 08:14 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Been a while an update on BudsJLM

Crazy how life gets away from us sometimes. It's been some time since I visited the old stomping grounds of MCF. Time is hard to come by now these days.

My little guy Jack isn't so little anymore! He's now 8!! Man where does the time go. He's doing great in school, loves to read. This year was a big thing for him. He started drag racing. He has a 95 Spitzer jr. Dragster with a highly modified 5hp brigs and Stratton running on methanol which is the same motor that Amy(his mom) used when she was racing as a kid 22 years ago! he is limited to 11.90 in the 1/8th mile due to age but when I turned it up after he turned 8 I went a little to far so his fastest pass so far has been a 10.53@60mph

we have made a lot of purchases this year

we finially bit the bullet and bought a house in july!!!
It has been a long time comming!!! So excited to finially have a place to call our own!!
built in 1972 rambler style house 1900sqf 4bedroom 2 bath 2 car attached garage which is half taken up by the 84, a 8x12 shed with power

we purchase jack's race car This past spring and all the equipment to have him race, we bought a 88 golf cart for use at the track, also bought a 89 golf cart to hopefully flip but wrong time.of the year so it will probably sit in my garage till spring. i modified a trailer dolly to tow his car to the starting line at the track. Next up will be a trailer as this year we used Amy's dad's trailer and his suburban since we only had the pace car and Amy's impala

I have been working at a landscape supply company (RockHard Landscape Supply) for the last 2 years got promoted to the yard manager this past spring and I do a little of everything, running skidsteers, small and large front end loaders, excavator with a grapple, we do everthing from concreate patio product, natural stone, alot of boulders and a shet ton of mulch, we grind and color our own mulch on site. I'm the onsite mechanic if it's one of our yard machines, one of the dump trucks, semis you name it I'll fix it. Summer time I'm work anywhere from 60-75hrs a week,winter time tones down a lot but I plow so early mornings and long days still happen, I have been picking up alot of side work as Well fixing stuff for people,doing odd jobs largely to cover cost of the engine for my truck and make then having 2 car payments hurt less

Amy is working for UofM fairview health doing physical therapy schedualing

The 01 pace car.
it has hit 209k miles still runs great but we have decided it's time to move on. I love the car but having a 4th car sitting around isn't ideal at this point and she is showing her age being a salt belt car all its life and driven year round rust is starting to really show, she leakes power steering, oil, trans fluid, needs tires, the back half of the exhaust rusted off so quick fix I just tossed a glasspack and turn down on it... holly f it's loud now a days. I just don't have time to spend fixing the things she needs, so she's going up for sale, I hope the next ower enjoys it as Much as I have for the last 70k miles

The 08 impala
The family mobile, we have hit 160k so 65k on that thing since we bought it as Well, love the car it saw a lot of mile shuffling jack to and from school and amy to work before we bought the house

A month ago purchased a 03 silverado 2500hd crew cab with 6.5 ft box, 6.6l dmax with the Alison trans, with 155k bad news bears on that one 3 days after purchasing it #6 glow plug the tip broke off and rattled around inside :/ dealership I bought it from worked with me and we split the cost on the motor replacement so it cost me an extra 5k out of pocket for a motor with 30k less miles I wasn't happy to have to add another 5k to a 15k truck I just bought but... if I wanted to spend 20k on a truck I would have bought a 20k truck... but the could have just washed their hands of it and left me with a broken truck since it was bought as-is

The 84
Not much has changed now that I have a place to call my own with a nice garage things might start happening

I know this is kinda long winded but yeah HI guys n gals

feel free to add me on Facebook of we are not already friends
Look up Justin Madison my profile pic is of jack in his race car

If you want to follow Jack's racing go search and like Jack Madison Racing or MadisonRyanRacing

or Snapchat
BUDSJLM

I'll upload pics in a reply since this is rather long winded the way it is

Last edited by Budsjlm; 11-11-2017 at 08:58 PM.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:32 PM
10 Year Member

Jack at the beginning of the season

Jack's race car and our house!!

The pace car, the Impala, and ya might be able to spot the 84 in the garage

Loading a customer at work after we got the ramp at work so the smaller machines can load the bigger trucks when the loaders are off site

My new truck!

Old 11-12-2017, 06:17 AM

Wow man, I remember you were really active back when I was first starting to come around.. Think you were even part of the "first" taz shirt mailing group..

Where does the time go indeed.. My oldest is now almost 10.. Plus I got two more..

Old 11-12-2017, 09:55 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by wht02monte
Wow man, I remember you were really active back when I was first starting to come around.. Think you were even part of the "first" taz shirt mailing group..

Where does the time go indeed.. My oldest is now almost 10.. Plus I got two more..
Yeah I had a desk job back then so had all kinds of time to play around on Mcf

I definitely was part of that first round

Old 11-12-2017, 05:49 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Justin, great hearing from you again. Sounds like things are moving forward for you and your family! Jack is growing up fast, awesome hobby to do drag racing.

By the sounds of things, you are parting ways with your Monte while the memories are good and happy.

Hopefully things keep going well for you and your family!

Old 11-12-2017, 07:21 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Wow, life has a tendency to catch up with you. Welcome back to the MCF. But there is nothing like great family time sounds like you and your son are enjoying racing.
That's a great way to keep him focused and out of harms way.

You know I could use a load of rock around the flower beds the wife seems to think I need to do landscaping as well as everything else around the house. Kind of far to haul down to NE, once here though I have to wheel barrow it around the house. I need to have it arrive about the same time as my Son and Son in Law show up for Thanksgiving and they can tote it.
Good to know you are still safe and having great family times.

Old 11-13-2017, 09:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Great to hear from you, thanks for the update man!

Old 11-14-2017, 08:05 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Awesome man, thanks for sharing! Life gets busy, that's for sure, and there's not enough time in a day or a weekend. Each day seems to go by quicker than the last. I've got outside projects around the house that are partially finished that, at this point, will need to wait til next year. Hell, I'll be wrapping up my basement project this winter that's 75% done from last winter. Our leaves all dropped within a few days so I've been scurrying to get our leaves raked and to the street in time for pickup. And winterizing a boat, camper, and two of our cars. If there was only more time.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 11-14-2017 at 08:09 AM.