Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Banned from Another Forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 05:29 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
Time for everyone to go have and smoke, a drink and/or do some drugs!
It's hard doing blow off my steering wheel at 120 mph. Avoiding the displays/people in the mall is the easy part.

XD

Old 01-29-2012, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by brendan127
Smh.. I know this road and no one drives on it! Then again what should I expect from you, you drive a Chrysler Town & Country!
Brendan don't knock a Town & Country until you have driven one. I drive two of them. When it comes to minivans there isn't anything that compares to it. I also own an 81 Monte Carlo T-Top Turbo. I can't fit three car seats and two adults into a Monte which is the reason for the minivans. I own lots of cars. Don't judge me because of what I drive to accommodate my family size.

Old 01-29-2012, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Taz
Alright guys. Time out.

Gregg and Brendan, you both have made your points to each other. Obviously you're not going to agree on this subject. Continuing to argue your points, and getting into insults (serious or joking) isn't going to solve anything.

Gregg, you're not going to convince Brendan of your points. And Brendan, you're not going to convince Gregg of your points. So let's just leave it at that. Just agree to disagree on this subject.
Lou you are correct. We obviously are not going to agree. I understand Brendan's point and don't agree with it. Fortunately I am mature enough to make my points without resorting to personal attacks.

Old 01-29-2012, 06:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Either way I don't see a huge problem with the video. Definitely a good reference for someone who requested the info. I will agree that there are better/safer ways to find out the time. But hey, to each their own, I've seen a lot worse on youtube. Also participated in worse (never in the Monte of course haven't gone over 80 in it, probably never will unless I absolutely have to or it's at the track). If it's a road you know well enough I see no harm. Plenty of roads like there around where I'm from.

Not to fuel the fire or anything.. just another member's opinion.

Old 01-29-2012, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
Brendan don't knock a Town & Country until you have driven one. I drive two of them. When it comes to minivans there isn't anything that compares to it. I also own an 81 Monte Carlo T-Top Turbo. I can't fit three car seats and two adults into a Monte which is the reason for the minivans. I own lots of cars. Don't judge me because of what I drive to accommodate my family size.
It wasn't a personal attack and I wasn't knocking on a town & country. It's just people who drive minivans are very much the same because they are all parents basically.

Old 01-29-2012, 09:46 PM

Im not sure how i missed out on all 7 pages of this today,but im not sad i did.seems like a facebook war..

Old 01-29-2012, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by 04chevyboy
Im not sure how i missed out on all 7 pages of this today,but im not sad i did.seems like a facebook war..
Hahaha...

Old 01-29-2012, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by brendan127
It wasn't a personal attack and I wasn't knocking on a town & country. It's just people who drive minivans are very much the same because they are all parents basically.
Brendan you are correct in your observation. Most minivan owners are parents. In my case I am the parent of two grown adult children, one of which I am going to guess is around your age, and I have started over with three girls under the age of four. A few things that parents have in common is that they have a vast array of life experience. They also fear that their kids and friends won't listen and use that life experience.

Old 01-29-2012, 09:49 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think this topic has pretty much run it's course. Time to move on to a new subject.