Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Banned from Another Forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 07:16 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the site! I don't think we ever banned anyone here

Old 01-28-2012, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
that sucks, the link posted didn't work? I would like to see it, can you post a better link? Thanks
It should work now, unless the government actually did censor the internet.
Originally Posted by Mr.Monte
welcome to the better forum !
Originally Posted by BlackRainSS
Sounds like it was a misunderstanding that got out of hand, but hey you're welcome here
Haha, thanks.
Originally Posted by 03SSLE
I discovered that forum a few years back when I bought my Blazer. IMO you're not missing much. There's a lot of kissass politics on that site. If you don't agree with every single post and worship the ground a particular admin walks on then it seems you are not welcome there. I've seen some very knowledgeable people get banned from there simply because they expressed a differing opinion in a respectable manner. I never got banned, but my visits were far and few between. Let me guess...the admin that banned you owns a '74 K5 and an '04 Tahoe. There are other truck forums out there with friendly, more knowledgeable members.
It's true, if you disagree, you're basically an outcast. And his name is r*****, i can't go back and check on his vehicles because I am banned lol.
Originally Posted by zjerry
Nice video..
Thanks.
Originally Posted by JuniorCar
U R bad! You should be banned for lousy camera work! j/k. Sorta. Could use some image stabilization...

Welcome to the MCF!
Don't judge! I recorded it with an iPhone, and I was going fast and it's a truck! I now have a Panasonic ZS8 with stabilization.
Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
I don't want to **** you off but I can see their point. According to your post it was an empty public road not a closed course. Even though you were not racing another car you were racing the clock. All things considered it was street racing and I can respect their decision not to have that content on their site. As far as being banned well that is their loss. I can understand banning illegal activity such as speeding and street racing, but banning a member because they have a different opinion is censorship. Differing opinions is what expands diologue and the movement of ideas. Just my opinion. Gregg.
I don't see their point, if I want to speed it's my choice, I don't speed anymore except maybe for a quick second like this. I used to drive 75 in a 55 quite often, then I got 2 tickets. needless to say I quit doing that.

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
Welcome to the site! I don't think we ever banned anyone here
Good to know, lol. You have a BA monte carlo, love the projector headlights!

Last edited by RocknSS04; 01-29-2012 at 09:39 AM. Reason: smoothing out forum bashing
Old 01-28-2012, 07:54 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by brendan127
I don't see their point, if I want to speed it's my choice, I don't speed Good to know, lol. You have a BA monte carlo, love the projector headlights!
Why thanks!

Old 01-28-2012, 08:57 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You were obviously "Street racing" your blazer. Lmao. I don't see how you can say it's a race against the clock either. It's more an exhibition of speed.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Enzo354
You were obviously "Street racing" your blazer. Lmao. I don't see how you can say it's a race against the clock either. It's more an exhibition of speed.
Oh please. I was obviously not imposing danger to anyone except myself. If no harm done, then why must he get his panties in such a knot? I mean honestly, do you know how many "0-" videos there are on youtube that are on the road.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:01 PM

It should work now, unless the government actually did censor the internet.

Haha, thanks.

It's true, if you disagree, you're basically an outcast. And his name is r******, i can't go back and check on his vehicles because I am banned lol.

Thanks.

Don't judge! I recorded it with an iPhone, and I was going fast and it's a truck! I now have a Panasonic ZS8 with stabilization.

I don't see their point, if I want to speed it's my choice, I don't speed anymore except maybe for a quick second like this. I used to drive 75 in a 55 quite often, then I got 2 tickets. needless to say I quit doing that.

Good to know, lol. You have a BA monte carlo, love the projector headlights!
It is your choice to speed or to street race. It is the websites choice as to whether or not they want to publicize your escapades. They didn't tell you that you can't speed or street race. They told you that you can't use their forum to exhibit or publicize it. That is well within their right, it's there site and just like this site WE ARE INVITED GUESTS.

Last edited by RocknSS04; 01-29-2012 at 09:39 AM. Reason: smoothing out forum bashing
Old 01-28-2012, 09:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

eh, it was slow anyway i could take a nap in the time it took you to get to 60 MPH lol.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
It is your choice to speed or to street race. It is the websites choice as to whether or not they want to publicize your escapades. They didn't tell you that you can't speed or street race. They told you that you can't use their forum to exhibit or publicize it. That is well within their right, it's there site and just like this site WE ARE INVITED GUESTS.
You sound like the American government.
Originally Posted by skylark65
eh, it was slow anyway i could take a nap in the time it took you to get to 60 MPH lol.
Hey! Don't hate! It's a fast truck, especially for just under 9 seconds to get to 60.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:22 PM

Oh please. I was obviously not imposing danger to anyone except myself. If no harm done, then why must he get his panties in such a knot? I mean honestly, do you know how many "0-" videos there are on youtube that are on the road.
By your own admission it was a deserted street not a closed course. You couldn't control who was or was not on that street. You imposed danger to anyone who could have used that roadway. You were only lucky in the fact that you had the road to yourself and that nothing went wrong.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:26 PM

[QUOTE=brendan127;412723]You sound like the American government.

You live in the wrong place if you have a problem with American Government. I am also a candidate for the 2016 Presidential Election. Running as an independant.

Quick Reply: Banned from Another Forum