Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Bad Commutes USA (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/bad-commutes-usa-7760/)

07MonteSS 02-04-2008 10:38 PM

RE: Bad Commutes USA

Denver is a very bad commute...I live 45 miles from where I work. All you ever see is the city submerged in a dark brown cloud ...LOL ewwww
18. Denver-Aurora
Population: 2,408,750
People Commuting To: TeleTech Holdings, Qwest Communications International, First Data, Red Robin Gourmet Burgers.
Industries: Business Process Outsourcing Services, Communications, Data Processing Services, Restaurant Chain

STL_CHeVY_RiDeR 02-05-2008 04:05 AM

[blockquote] 10. St. Louis Population: 2,796,368 People Commuting To: Emerson Electric, Anheuser-Busch, Kellwood, Monsanto. Industries: Motors and Generators, Breweries, Apparel and Consumer Soft Goods, Agricultural Products

my drive to work is about 10-15min... the distance isnt a problem its dealing with the crazy people
[/blockquote]

BeachBumMike 02-05-2008 06:44 AM

WoW `Duane, you sure will keep the carbon out of
your Monte Carlo.
Your miles will really add `up. Is it interstate driving ?
I would ask for a radar detector for graduation : )
How many hours are you taking your first year ?
I would love to be able to live on campus....I think ?
Wish you the best...I know you will keep your Monte
in great shape...Hope they have good parking there : ) ?
Good Luck `Duane on your Life's `Journey.
Peace/Out/`Space

Cowboy6622 02-05-2008 12:59 PM

Hi 'Space

I'll have to burn out all the carbon from the past few years. it is 0 miles interstate too. i'll have to take State Route 96 to State Route 56 toUS Highway 1 (4 lane road, few readlights to southeastern), then a mile and a half to the school from US 1.

Radar detectors are about half worthless around here. All the cops have push button radar, and they can write you a ticket here without getting a steady readout on you. Parking is descent there as well, nice wide spots (unlike my high school spots that a pick up truck can barelly fit in with a few inches on each side). I'm looking forward to college and my life journey.

BeachBumMike 02-05-2008 01:09 PM

Hi Duane,
You are lucky to be attending a Super College.
I checked out their site : ) It's beautiful there.
When do you graduate HS? Will you start college in the
summer, or fall semester ?
Wish you the best....`Space

Cowboy6622 02-05-2008 01:17 PM

I think you're looking at the wrong college there Space....

www.sebts.edu

www.secwf.edu

The first link is the seminary, the second is the college. However, the campus is the old Wake Forest Campus. They bought it back in 1950 I believe.

BeachBumMike 02-05-2008 01:27 PM

[align=center]Sorry `Duane, I got lost in Cyber Space again.[/align][align=center]I've been having a problem on my net commutes lately : ([/align][align=center]http://www.secwf.edu/images/jump_to_sebts.gif[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]I see on your site that the college has Online Class.[/align][align=center]Will you be able to take any of them from your home[/align][align=center]and save you some miles.[/align][align=center]I've learned that most professor's don't care `if you are in class[/align][align=center]or not, as long as you come in for the test.[/align][align=center]Right now, that's what I'm doing since I am without my [/align][align=center]Monte Carlo.[/align][align=center]Thanks for posting your links, I will check them out.[/align][align=center]Wish you a Safe Commute : )[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

dustybird3 02-05-2008 01:33 PM

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center][/align][align=center]I've been having a problem on my net commutes lately : ([/align]
Are you suffering from a carbon build up? (sorry [8D])

BeachBumMike 02-05-2008 01:41 PM

ORIGINAL: dustybird3

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center][/align][align=center]I've been having a problem on my net commutes lately : ([/align]

Are you suffering from a carbon build up? (sorry [8D])

LOL ~ LOL `Becky,
I think I am : ) I think I will have to drink some
SeaFoam : ) or shoot some in my Brain : )
It's full of --it : )

BLACK ATTACK 02-05-2008 06:19 PM

Hey... I probablyhave thetoughestcommute. I have to battle all the weather to back out ofthe driveway... then pull back in... and fight all the weather to get back inside. I rushand get myself a cup of coffee, and sit at my computer filling out as many job applications I can for MLive, Michigan Talent Bank, Career Builders, Yahoo Jobs, and Monster.com. Then I have to go outside, fight all the weather, get in my car... Back out of the driveway... look around, and pull back in. Then get out and fight all the weather and go back inside.

Makes for a tough day and tough commute...;):):D