Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Automotive pet peeves anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 10:41 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Automotive pet peeves anyone?

Just wondering as I'm 100% sure I'm not the only ine who deals with this.

Example of my peeves are when an owner paints the rings/trim around an AC vent and the trim around a floor mounted gear shifter, also the interior door handles to match the radical exterior paint (I.e. Red, orange, yellow, lime green etc.). Just looks way out of place and cluttered.

Another one is the bubbled out headlights 90% of the cars have lately (newish cars) like the headlights of the Toyota camry and the Honda accord. I mean the bumper design is flowing nice with the lines of the hood and the grill is on center but it's like BAM giant bubbled out headlights just kill the look of the front end, couldn't they just make them so they're flush with the rest of the car and making them more Aero dynamic?!?!

A third one is when an owner buys a custom rear bumper with two exhaust pipe cut outs but the car only has one muffler??? Really you couldn't opt for anything else!

Another is when owners decided to tint out the tails, windows and emblems sure no problem but they leave that giant chrome strip between the tail lights untouched, I mean you already sprayed everything around it why not just finish the job and black out the only (fake) chrome piece on the entire car?

Not my final pet peeve but it is a peeve, Donks (normal sedans with wheels bigger than that of a bus) no comment on that beside the fact that 99% of the time the rims cost more than the actual car lmfao!!!!!

Guys please share some of your peeves

Old 05-27-2015, 10:44 PM

Oh another one, when people tint their headlights to pitch black then complain the light output is too dim..... Really guy really.....

Old 05-28-2015, 12:49 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I guess mine would be seeing people driving around with parts about ready to fall off. Muffler dangling, license plate swinging on one bolt. I see the same cars here and there in town and they never fix the stuff. A fender flapping in the wind, bumper cover flapping away.

Are seriously loud stereo systems kind of fading away, don't hear to many cars thumping around anymore...

Old 05-28-2015, 02:34 AM

pet peeve #1 when someone has very poor sounding audio and it makes everything rattle,i like a lot of good sounding bass but its got to sound good,no loose screws or plastic lol,

pet peeve #2 huge $3000 tires and mud grips on a truck that you only use for the highway

pet peeve #3 that ridiculous light bar that people add on their truck,ive never ever seen someone use it...every person down here with a lifted truck (mostly 2wd) has a huge light bar,worn down mud grips,and an obnoxious sounding exhaust,it doesn't sound good when all you hear is popping

pet peeve #4 people who don't take care of their vehicle

Old 05-28-2015, 05:49 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2015
10 Year Member

Stupid Camber settings(Tires cost money)
Basket handle wings-legendary on the Plymouth Superbird, Dodge Charger Daytona and 1st Gen BMW M3, on Honda Accord Lame
Crossbreeds-I have seen GM LS engines in a Ford, BMW, a Smart Car and a snowblower!

Old 05-28-2015, 06:08 AM

the reason fords are common with LS swaps is because their motors suck hahaha

Old 05-28-2015, 07:24 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member

My pet peeve is deff. A dirty engine. Hate seeing it

Old 05-28-2015, 08:08 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My biggest pet peeve is probably when people just don't take care of their vehicles.

Besides a house, a car is probably one of the more expensive things you own, and people just treat it like crap.

Old 05-28-2015, 08:08 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
I guess mine would be seeing people driving around with parts about ready to fall off. Muffler dangling, license plate swinging on one bolt..
I guess BBMike was right...you are spying!!! LOL So you obviously saw the 84 just before the drivers side exhaust fell off and I had lost 3 of the 4 bolts on my plate on the front!!!
It's all fixed now though!! lol

Old 05-28-2015, 08:42 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

#1 automotive pet peeve, past, present, and future:

Those who fail to Use - the - fookin' - TURNSIGNAL!!!

Gaaahhhd, those lazy people -- how hard can it be?!? You see them all the time, wherever you go, don'tcha?

(Although I'll confess to skipping it when I can see that no other car is in sight... )

Quick Reply: Automotive pet peeves anyone?