Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

August Photo contest themes (got 3 again) enter what you like

Old 08-21-2018, 11:18 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jeffs02rwdSS
JuinorCar I'm hoping that you got too put a ceremonial figure 8 on the green , I really like the one in the rough tho.. Great looking car
Thanks! But those figure 8's are pretty tough for us FWD.

Old 08-21-2018, 11:34 AM

15 Year Member

Still no more takers in our little challenge?

Here's an easy one. Easy one to beat too. My Weathered shot:

Window's down!

Nothing special there. It would have been nice to have found this barn during the Barn challenge, but I still thought it was cool enough to photo. I don't know how the ting is standing - the far side is so gutted the contents of the barn are falling out and you can see one of the two corner main supports that is missing. Funny part about the shoot was when someone pulled out of the driveway up the way and - boy, was she giving me the evil eye! Like I was stealing the barn's soul by photographing it or something. I get strange looks for people when I'm photoing all the time, usually because I'm putting my car somewhere it shouldn't be. This shot was a pretty standard, side-of-the-road fair. But I don't think I've ever upset anyone this much.

And tomorrow I'll post the Graffiti/ Mural shoot. Get yours now!

Old 08-21-2018, 03:18 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
Still no more takers in our little challenge?

Here's an easy one. Easy one to beat too. My Weathered shot:

Window's down!

Nothing special there. It would have been nice to have found this barn during the Barn challenge, but I still thought it was cool enough to photo. I don't know how the ting is standing - the far side is so gutted the contents of the barn are falling out and you can see one of the two corner main supports that is missing. Funny part about the shoot was when someone pulled out of the driveway up the way and - boy, was she giving me the evil eye! Like I was stealing the barn's soul by photographing it or something. I get strange looks for people when I'm photoing all the time, usually because I'm putting my car somewhere it shouldn't be. This shot was a pretty standard, side-of-the-road fair. But I don't think I've ever upset anyone this much.

And tomorrow I'll post the Graffiti/ Mural shoot. Get yours now!
I am thinking about the Barn thing again and if you have a great shot to take go ahead and use it. We can make that a subject for the October shoot. I love the Barns. Maybe the reason this one is looking like this is because some folks have been taking the Barn boards off to finish out there Man/Chic Caves. It appears to have some type of metal roofing on it and could be what is holding it up. Now, the reason she was probably staring you down is she was shocked to see a Nascar style #8 car stopping by, so when she didn't see Junior she was disappointed. I know when my friends show up with the #3 Cars it gets some looks too. Then if I happen to be fortunate enough to get to drive it, when I get out sometimes folks might faint. Lol

Old 08-23-2018, 06:41 AM

15 Year Member

I was supposed to post these yesterday! I was going to drag out the process of sharing these pics, but in all honesty, I don't think anyone really cares. I just worry sometimes that people might see a pic that has been shared and say "Oh, I can't do any better than that" and then don't try. I do this for fun and it's sort of a hobby - costs nothing. I'm not in it just for the win. I probably submit more losing pictures than anyone else

But enough of that. I think the BudChev works well for a graffiti shoot. It makes sense because the car is sort of graffiti'd up too. Here's the pics:

I knocked it down to 4 pics. We don't have to vote on all them, but if we don't get any other contributions... well, we got 4 choices.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:18 AM
5 Year Member
Unhappy

Well this is the third time I am trying to post a reply. The Website is messed up. I wish they would change it back to being more user friendly. nI am not going to try an enlarge this shot this time and will see if it works.

Attached Thumbnails August Photo contest themes (got 3 again) enter what you like-img_5494c.jpg  
Old 08-23-2018, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
, I just worry sometimes that people might see a pic that has been shared and say "Oh, I can't do any better than that" and then don't try. I do this for fun and it's sort of a hobby - costs nothing. .
I completely agree JuniorCar , to me it's for fun. Its pretty obvious that I have how you say a very weathered and rust(tic) car that I'm still proud too own. I'msurely not going to win a beauty contest but it would be nice if more members could add a photo on occasion. And btw the graffiti picture looks good .

Last edited by Jeffs02rwdSS; 08-23-2018 at 09:22 AM.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:20 AM

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jeffs02rwdSS
I completely agree JuniorCar , to me it's for fun. Its pretty obvious that I have how you say a very weathered and rust(tic) car that I'm still proud too own. I'msurely not going to win a beauty contest but it would be nice if more members could add a photo on occasion. And btw the graffiti picture looks good .
Previously, I have tried to be more inclusive of the not-so-show-car members and we had a photo challenge of "Dirty". I thought that might open some interest but it did not.

My car photos well, but it isn't as show-car as one might assume. In fact, I thought "Weathered" was an underlying theme in all my shots. You see the hood and Goodyear decals?

Old 08-23-2018, 10:40 AM
5 Year Member
Smile

Some folks are not informed when I say the word Composition! If they take a shot it is just the Car they are interested in and not the total picture. They vote the same way. We recently returned from a West Coast Trip and I always take a lot of photo's. We visited the Golden Gate Bridge and I got a shot that no one else did because I went on a search for the special location to get it. My wife complains I take to many pics. But she will take one and is disappointed when it doesn't turn out. Go figure! The shots with the flag is what I got the one without is what they got. How did you find that they said? Why not?

Attached Thumbnails August Photo contest themes (got 3 again) enter what you like-img_1169.jpg   August Photo contest themes (got 3 again) enter what you like-dscf1127.jpg   August Photo contest themes (got 3 again) enter what you like-img_1171.jpg  
Old 08-26-2018, 02:32 PM
5 Year Member
Smile Finally the weather was good for a little bit.

I was able to finish some of my shots. My Mural shots are not what I had hoped for scoured the area of about 100 miles to find something, with little success, when I saw a Train Car with Graffiti I was in the wrong vehicle, LOL. Par for the Course was about the same result too. To get the shot you would really like you would want to drive onto the course. By then they would be all over you and chasing you away. So here are a few of my pics. Thought I would give this a little more time to get a few more entries???????????????

Attached Thumbnails August Photo contest themes (got 3 again) enter what you like-img_5587.jpg   August Photo contest themes (got 3 again) enter what you like-img_5584.jpg   August Photo contest themes (got 3 again) enter what you like-img_5569.jpg   August Photo contest themes (got 3 again) enter what you like-img_5570.jpg  

Last edited by drivernumber3; 08-26-2018 at 02:44 PM. Reason: put pics
Old 08-26-2018, 02:49 PM
5 Year Member

I was able to finish some of my shots. My Mural shots are not what I had hoped for scoured the area of about 100 miles to find something, with little success, when I saw a Train Car with Graffiti I was in the wrong vehicle, LOL. Par for the Course was about the same result too. To get the shot you would really like you would want to drive onto the course. By then they would be all over you and chasing you away. So here are a few of my pics. Thought I would give this a little more time to get a few more entries???????????????

Attached Thumbnails August Photo contest themes (got 3 again) enter what you like-img_5568.jpg   August Photo contest themes (got 3 again) enter what you like-img_5570.jpg