August Photo contest themes (got 3 again) enter what you like - Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Old 07-12-2018, 11:21 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Smile August Photo contest themes (got 3 again) enter what you like

August Photo contest themes

(got 3 again)

enter what you like.
Okay, these might be fun to get a head start on.

#1. Graffiti/ Murals this is one that you might have close by some towns have buildings or objects with Murals, and then there is Graffiti these can be stunning at times I see some of the koolest ones on Railroad Cars when I wait at a crossing.

#2. Weathered This is anything that is weathered might be a bench, wagon wheel, old junk pile, old clunker car, a weathered building.

#3. Par for the Course At the golf Course you might be able to get a photo with your ride on the road with a sandtrap in the background, or the Green with a flag, or a kool club house too.

I added a few samples. for inspiration.
Attached Thumbnails
August Photo contest themes (got 3 again) enter what you like-img_3833.jpg   August Photo contest themes (got 3 again) enter what you like-img_4522.jpg   August Photo contest themes (got 3 again) enter what you like-rustyauto.jpg  

Last edited by drivernumber3; 08-01-2018 at 10:54 AM.
Old 08-09-2018, 09:02 AM
5 Year Member

Question

Any body got a kool shot for this yet?? I was thinking too that Truck Trailers are good subjects for a Mural so you could see if the Truck stops have something too.
Attached Thumbnails
August Photo contest themes (got 3 again) enter what you like-6350730222_78d623fb8b_b.jpg   August Photo contest themes (got 3 again) enter what you like-septciara05.jpg   August Photo contest themes (got 3 again) enter what you like-train-car-1.jpg   August Photo contest themes (got 3 again) enter what you like-2017-mobile-museum.jpg  

Last edited by drivernumber3; 08-09-2018 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Add photos
Old 08-09-2018, 08:34 PM

Not much for graffiti around my area and trains blow by at 45mph, but I'm looking. I might have better luck with one of the other category's.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:33 AM
5 Year Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffs02rwdSS View Post
Not much for graffiti around my area and trains blow by at 45mph, but I'm looking. I might have better luck with one of the other category's.
Okay, check for wall murals or sometimes there is a building that has that faded sign on it from yesteryear might be CocaCola at 5cents.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:43 AM
5 Year Member

Cool Found some photo opps

Well yesterday did a little road trip and found some good subjects for the Weathered theme. I also found a few Murals and some graffiti but the range and shadows were way off. So I will keep looking. However I have posted some of the weathered theme shots not sure which I will use yet. The one is a Weathered Ford Torino got to be in the 70's era. Then this old Sinclair station always was kind a kool. I remember years back when it was closed as a service station but open as a flea market junk shop, this old timer ran it. I am sure he is long gone and his family is wanting to sell it. So here you are with a business opportunity.
Attached Thumbnails
August Photo contest themes (got 3 again) enter what you like-img_5476-weathered.jpg   August Photo contest themes (got 3 again) enter what you like-img_5489z.jpg   August Photo contest themes (got 3 again) enter what you like-img_5482.jpg  
Old 08-11-2018, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member

I found this wall mural during my little road trip, you can see the mural has the building front that is across the street in it too.
Attached Thumbnails
August Photo contest themes (got 3 again) enter what you like-img_5494.jpg  
Old 08-11-2018, 10:26 PM

Was out enjoying the day with friends and got a few pictures by a old barn for weathered category . Been slowly adding a few in my garage album.