Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Attitude ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 11:17 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question Attitude ?

I do my best to keep a Positive Attitude in Life
Do you ?
Found the below on one of my web searches,
and it's just another positive article I share with my
Monte Carlo Family.
I hope that you enjoy & `if it helps someone,
then it's a bonus.

Another key to lifelong success is Attitude. Your attitude affects everything in your life. How’s your attitude? Are you one of those people who is always blaming outside forces for your problems? Do you walk around in a negative state of mind most of the time? I think not. People like that would never have opened this subject in the first place. However positive you may be most of the time, there will be days when you just feel negative. While this may be fine for a brief period, prolonging a negative attitude has disastrous consequences. A negative attitude robs your initiative and destroys your discipline.
The “so what” or “who cares” attitude stops you from taking the actions that will help you build the kind of life you want to have for yourself and your family.
What happens

Here’s how a negative attitude robs us of our potential for good. At one of the low points in my own life, I had developed a “who cares, what’s the use” attitude. I felt that I was stuck where I was because of circumstances outside my control and blamed the world for my conditions. I figured I was at the bottom, so why even care? The problem is, as I learned through a lot of emotional pain, that there are always lower bottoms to which we can sink. As my attitude continued to be negative and blaming, my situation worsened.
Only when I was willing to take responsibility for my life, stop blaming and look for what little good remained, was I able to begin to turn this situation around. A negative attitude keeps us stuck by robbing us of the self discipline we need to improve our conditions. If you take a “what’s the use” approach to your circumstances, they will only get worse.
It’s imperative that you turn a negative attitude around and learn to become a positive person.
(First Step: Get the AweSome Chevrolet Monte Carlo : )
Gratitude

The fastest and easiest way I know to change from a negative to a positive attitude is to develop an attitude of gratitude. You may even want to keep a gratitude journal, a place where you can build a list of the things you are grateful for in your life. It’s impossible to have gratitude and be in self pity at the same time, and most negative attitudes are rooted in self pitying, “poor me” self talk. You can quickly change a negative attitude to a positive one by becoming grateful.
The simplest way I know to do this is to ask a question like, “What am I grateful for today?” Then, write down whatever comes to mind. It may be all of the blessings you have like good health, a clear mind, a loving family, satisfying work, a comfortable home, friends, pets and so on.
Make a daily habit of counting your blessings and list what you are grateful for in your life. Doing this first thing in the morning will help you feel better immediately and begin your day on a positive note.
On days when you are feeling down, take out your “gratitude journal” and reread it. Doing this simple exercise will make you feel better almost immediately.
Count your Blessing 4-Sure
Your Attitude Determines Your Altitude

Last edited by Space; 04-05-2011 at 11:54 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I like it great post !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-05-2011, 03:25 PM

...Thanks `Keith, it's great to read that you liked it 4-Sure.

Since I am getting out in this world I am finding so many people that are thankless, and it's frustrating.
thankless - definition of thankless by the Free Online Dictionary ...

thank·less (th ngk l s). adj. 1. Not feeling or showing gratitude; ungrateful. 2. Not likely to be appreciated: a thankless job. ...
www.thefreedictionary.com/thankless - Cached - Similar
I really learn a lot about people on our forum, and a lot about the area's in which they live & work...

I just learned what narcissistic is...Thanks to the `net
Narcissism | Define Narcissism at Dictionary.com

inordinate fascination with oneself; excessive self-love; vanity. 2. Psychoanalysis. erotic gratification derived from admiration of one's own physical or ...
dictionary.reference.com/browse/narcissism - Cached - Similar
I try to avoid people that bring me down, and that are thankless...
My grandfather always said that when a person comes in2 your life, they either lift you `up, or drag U down...I prefer the company of those that lift me `up and are a positive/asset in my life....

Wish EveryOne a Super Positive Attitude...I think it's so much better then BAD...But I do love the old group BAD COMPANY

Last edited by Space; 04-05-2011 at 03:27 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:37 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

It is hard sometimes and seems like no one cares any more and some times it is it is us that can not see it even though it is happening around us .like some sort of tunnel vision or something.
we are trained to remember the bad that happens to us but I always try to remember only the good!! Even-though it ain't easy and I mess up some times and hold a grudge longer than I should i always rest back to the good side . ( I am only human )

Never loose faith man you just need to look a Little harder there is someone doing something nice out there and It could be you !!

Old 04-05-2011, 10:20 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace
Wish EveryOne a Super Positive Attitude...I think it's so much better then BAD...But I do love the old group BAD COMPANY
A friend told me about a more modern band that did a remake of Bad Company's song "Bad Company".

(link removed -- see post #7)

Last edited by Taz; 04-05-2011 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Link problems
Old 04-05-2011, 10:25 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member

Lou, your vid gave me an unknown message to me:

This video contains content from EMI, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
Sorry about that.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:37 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Wow. That's a switch. Usually I run into links that only work in the U.S. and not Canada. That one is the other way around.

Well, let's try this one. It's not the band's official video. This one is audio only with a picture of the album's cover. The band is Five Finger Death Punch.

YouTube - Five Finger Death Punch Bad Company

But for those in Canada who will be able to see the official video, here's the link I originally had in post #5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_VsvZmIWxY

If neither one of them works, do a search for "Bad Company" by Five Finger Death Punch.

Old 04-06-2011, 05:15 AM

Hi Lou & Chris,
I do a lot of web searching and admit I violate the copyright laws by borrowing things to repost, but I never got that kind of message on a YouTube Vid ~> That can give one a BAD Attitiude lol (We are all from the Same Planet (?) aren't we ? LOL : )

I do like the Five Finger Death Punch version of BAD Comapny : ) The Bum's found a cassette of BAD Company on the beach that a visitor left & we played it all the time

Thanks `Lou for posting/sharing....
I have it playing now in the background...BAD COMPANY can be GOOD Company : ) ~> They lift my spirits : )
Peace/Out

Bad Company - Bad Company (studio version)

I'm not the owner or do not claim any of the contents of the song. I just feel that the studio version of the specific song should be out there ...`Space : )
by Ploutonakos | 1 year ago | 1,248,353 views
&
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD2BwwGE9uo
Shooting Star ^^^^

Last edited by Space; 04-06-2011 at 06:32 AM.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:40 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

I have that FFDP album

Old 04-06-2011, 07:27 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Printed that out for a wall post at work. We suffer from the bad attitudes around here. Thanks

Quick Reply: Attitude ?